Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is the Worst car you`ve brought back to life?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sailingadventure, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Beats me! Everything about the car is Skylark except the windshield. The dash is Skylark and there is no evidence of the windshield frame being welded on, everything looks factory. If it was Olds or Caddy, it would have that dash. Frame number is Skylark. and is the same first four numbers as a Skylark that just sold last week in an auction here in Georgia. Wheels and spinners are Skylark, and the medallion on the steering wheel says Skylark. Another oddity is that the trunk has the individual letters that say Skylark, the same as the letters on a 54 Skylark.
    The previous owner says that it was the last of the run in October of 1953 and it may have been a factory mix that they had 54 windshields and no more 53 windshields. This would also explain the letters from 54 on the trunk, and there is no evidence that the 53 emblem on the trunk was removed and the letters installed.

These things were built from 53 Roadmaster convertible and totally customized by factory craftmen and they have large amounts of lead to prove it!
    They started a new numbering system in 1954, but the documentation for Skylarks of 53 were practically non existent. There is no way to prove whether is was factory or no way to prove that is wasn't. I will restore it with the wraparound windshield because there is the good evidence that it was factory and I wouldn't want to change that.

2. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

Sauli, Your Good!

3. BADBIRDCAGE

BADBIRDCAGE
    from Virginia

It took a little more than just a paint job.

Attached Files:

4. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

This just arrived yesterday...to be continued

Attached Files:

5. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

My '36 Ford and my '49 Chevy, then and now.

Attached Files:

6. ===============================

Nice job Rochie...

Rick

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Giving it a makeover.

[​IMG]

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Here's one - a 34 Ford three window that I built in the early 90's. It had a previous life as a hot rod, but the body was pretty abused by the time I got it.

Attached Files:

10. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

11. pro85fiero

pro85fiero
    BANNED

That's your worst??????????
    Boy you need to come to the northeast!
    We don't restore them we RESURECT THEM!
    A car like yours we would just buff and wax 'em then take it to a cruise nite. :cool:

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Pro85fiero.......let us see some photos that is what this thread is for.

13. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

Not that it was in bad condition, Just that they were one of the worst cars ever built to throw money at:D

Attached Files:

14. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

A 1948 Ford panel truck. I welded on that thing for over a week just so I could get it off the frame with out it falling apart. I hate rust

15. big bad john

big bad john

........My 37 ford coupe........

16. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Here's another one - a 33 Ford 5 window coupe that I am currently building.
    Started with a banged up race car body.

Attached Files:

17. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

[​IMG]

My 53 Willys is the rustiest thing I've attempted to fix. The driver's side door wouldn't hardly shut when I first got it. The transmission cross-member no longer has anything to bolt to. There is a small chain wrapped around a piece of steel sitting inside the car to keep it up on the one side. When I first took it out for a short spin the driveshaft keep hitting the floor of the car when I would put all my weight onto the seat. I also pulled out a lot of wood and there is steel window screen everywhere with body filler on it. This is about the forth car I've seen where some clown used wood to strengthen the rocker panels :rolleyes: While that might fly on a car with full frame it sure don't work with something that relies on the rocker panels for body strength. I haven't worked much on it but I do have the driver's side sill plate just about done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. HotRod60F100

HotRod60F100

Some amaaazing talent you guys have!

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

Heres my rusty project....started with this

[​IMG]

plus this:

[​IMG]

And currently looks like this:

[​IMG]

Probably the rustiest junk I have tried to save.....so far anyways :rolleyes:

20. jtbloye

jtbloye

I took this out of a field and im trying to save it im not done yet but here it is

Attached Files:

21. dart165

dart165

this one was pretty bad
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

My 2 rusty shoeboxes and my rusty Caddy

Attached Files:

23. noxided

noxided

Well I cant stand to see a car go to scrap no matter what it is, so I picked up this 61 studebaker lark that was going to be in the yard soon and fixed er up. At first everyone i knew was saying its a waste of time becasue it is one ugle car, but I knew it had potential... and it does. Also it up for grabs if anyone wants it so i can go save another.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

the little pickup, and a very nice candidate 37 that NEEDS to be brought back to life!! Abone this has you all over it!!!:D

Attached Files:

25. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

This one isn't back to life yet,
    but I'm in the process of making some space at the shop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have no idea what I was thinking at this point.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The doors still need hinges so its still really a mock up.
    [​IMG]
    There is so much work left but it seems worth it.

TP

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

Yes Zibo we are well past due for you to get back on this project and give us some updates :D pleeese!!

27. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Working on this one.
    [​IMG]

28. 55chevr

55chevr

Back in 1990 I bought a really rugged 57 chevy 210 2 door sedan 6 cylinder 3 speed for $1500.00. It was more like a glass bottom boat then a car. No floors, rotten lower quarters, rotten lower fenders and 4 cracked windows. Came with a bunch of patch panels which I installed. Before the internet you had to scrounge swap meets for the original parts and I really did well at the Englishtown meet. Got both vent windows with frames, clean A arm to replace one with rust through. Bought a Lincoln mig and got the car into driving condition. Sold it in 1992 when I came up with the 55 Chevy which was always my first love. Got the fantastic sum of $2500.00 which means that I lost about 500.00 in the parts that I purchased. Glad I never tried to calculate the labor or I would throwing up.

29. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Seeing the befores and afters of these cars makes me feel good, it's nice to see that people other then my dad and I start with the worst of the worst and make it work! :D

30. Here is my current project. First pic from early May this year. Second pic from 2 days ago

Attached Files: