Register now to get rid of these ads!

columbus ohio ford swap thanksgiving weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57ford/60thunderbird, Nov 17, 2010.

1. so any ford guys going to this swap and bringing 57ford 60 t-bird or shoebox or even 69 mustang parts to sell hint hint?

ill be there looking for stuff last year i think i bought 3 things , hopefully its better this year

2. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

Hmmm, I'm going to the INdy swap that weekend, maybe I should leave early and take a stroll up for this and look for bits and pieces for my Ranchero

3. Always look around there, but go for the Scott antique show on the same grounds.

4. every INdy swap i go to allways seems to be predomiatly chevy parts this show is supposed to be the largest ford swap they hold it twice a year for thos who dont know allready around easter and then thanksgiving

5. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There should be a couple of vendors there selling the T-bird parts for those years. You will have no problem finding '69 Mustang parts. I'll be there looking for early Ford parts-the few that will be there-if any. Normally there are limited '50s parts-lots of '60s parts and all kinds of Mustang parts.

6. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Good swap for 50's up but never much of 30's, 40's stuff......

7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Too many mustang parts for me to look at so I will be in Daytona that weekend at a much larger swapmeet with alot of everything plus warmer weather.

8. metal man

metal man

Always go on Saturday with Dad. Just an easy way to spend the day with him.I never buy anything ,but that's O.K.

9. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

How did you and Dad do at Springfield, you had a GREAT spot!:D

10. paintcan54

paintcan54

The Indy swap always has more chevy stuff then anything else. Latly it's starting to look more like a flea market with some car stuff. I'll be going but only to see some friends and do some BSn.

11. 1lowf100

1lowf100
    from zanesville

i am planning on going up sat. true there is lots of mustang stuff, but every now and then i find some treasure. i will be looking for some shoebox parts.

12. yeah i know theres a ton of mustang parts i mainly go just to have something to do and burn off some of the turkey dinner i allways hope im gonna find that one treasure part im looking for

13. terry k

terry k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from toledo oh

I'll be going Sun. looking for '55 T-Bird parts. A great place for 60's parts and a lot of cars for sale outside.

14. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

Yeah Indy kinda sucks , but it's tradition now to go up and visit friends. I did score a set of Olds Moon valve covers one year though .
    I'm coming from St.Louis though , columbus is a bit of drive for just me so hopefully Tim goes to help drive since hes a big Ford guy . Wish I could get my 47 pickup up there for sale but we are taking little trailer .

15. Gasser57

Gasser57

I'm bringing my 65 Falcon down to put in the car corral. What 57 Ford parts do you need?

16. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

You would think at a Ford swapmeet with mostly mustang parts one vendor would had a T-5 adapter for the 65 and up bellhousings but none did and left them at home,did find one for the 64 on back bellhousings though. Plenty of high priced T-5s but no adapters which to this day has me baffled,I think the only parts I carried out of that swapmeet were a fan shroud for a torino and a NOS quarter panel for my 65 country squire after over 10 years of attending.

17. 51 Chev Deluxx

51 Chev Deluxx
    from Detroit

I'm going to be in Columbus on Thanksgiving weekend. What are the detail of this show. Location times.

18. metal man

metal man

We did alright,got lucky with the weather again.Always a gamble setting up outside in November.Debating on whether or not to take the Galaxie to the car corral at the Ford Swap.

19. rustrodder

rustrodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

All Ford Swap Meet & Car Corral-November 27 & 28. Sat. 9-5 Sun. 9-3
    At the Ohio Expo Center/State Fairgrounds. Just off I-71 north of downtown, just exit at
    17th Ave.
    4 big buildings with 1100 spaces.

20. metal man

metal man

Thanks rustrodder

21. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

My Ford truck is down : ( so may not make it , the irony
    probably just go to Indy

22. 60 ford

60 ford

Ill be going to Columbus Saturday and Indy Sunday, looking for 429/460 parts and 4-speed for my 62 Falcon build.