Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sometimes i envy you California guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuzznick, Nov 10, 2010.

1. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

We can do an exchange program. You can come visit TN, I'll buy you the best BBQ in the nation (sorry Kansas City), show you 30 round mags, full auto rifles, and other accessories that would make CHP's eyes melt, then we can cruise down the highway that my family owns up to the center line, no easement! No tolls!

Look, I lived in CA, I stole my wife from there. I love the weather, the different scenery, proximity to my contract work (which is out of Thousand Oaks), I love Burbank, the beaches, wine country, SAN DIEGO COMIC CON (I'm a comic geek), and all that jazz. But for me, when it came down to it, there was a lot going on out there that rides on the edge of sanity.

All that being said, I can't offer the same pleasantries in NJ....they don't exist. Firearms ID's, serial numbers, shakedowns, high taxes, bad food, and feet upon feet of wet cement snow slush is about the best I can do.

Given the choice between the two, it's a no brainer.

2. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Watch it, thems fightin words.

Looks nice, I found a house kinda like mine, but less room and a smaller lot.
    http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/405-Forest-Lane_Sierra-Madre_CA_91024_M26847-86388

Costs a little more (3x), but sunshine ain't free. We're jealous. We know it. But, we don't have fires, mudslides, earthquakes. Just tornadoes

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  3. drchopper

drchopper

I was very scared when I read you're initial post and thought I might have to dig my tractor out and plow my 1/4 mile driveway just to take my son to school !!!! that was going to suck , but then I remember I moved back from Northern Idaho a few years ago and not to worry all of my cars have California plates again !! I miss my friends I met up there but the weather sucks , you can have it !!! California is expensive and is worth every penny !!!!!!!!! Sunshine is not cheap !!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. drchopper

drchopper

Oh yeah I do have my own shooting range and some Pre Ban AK's with the goodies ...

5. RustyNCA

RustyNCA

Yeah, well, you are in Rocklin, very nice part of California by the way. I have a number of friends in your area. One of them is bout the best LSx motor tuner around in my biased opinion....

Cheers

6. Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention.... tonite I have to decide if I want fresh Dungeness Crab, or fresk Salmon..... or maybe get some Albacore out of the freezer (I cought it back in late August..)

;)

7. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Three words: BAR BE QUE

8. drchopper

drchopper

I have to decide on boardshorts or camo shorts ... decisions decisions !!!
    76 degrees at my house right now .

9. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

:D:D:D:D:D

[​IMG]

10. drchopper

drchopper

Judge Judy might be a little feisty in the sack ????

11. ok this is WAY WAY OFF topic but is it true that san diego banned mcdonalds happy meals?

12. rick finch

rick finch

Quote:
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Dago Red [​IMG]
    My favorite part of these is how Mazooma1 always gets so tetchy
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Yeah, well maybe he wouldn't be so touchy if people would stop making negative comments about where people choose to live.

13. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Only us Native Californians. All those liberal outsiders F#@ked up our state. The local news paper hit the right button with a cartoon editorial of Enstein in front of a chalk board and it says:
    "Q:What do you call doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?
    "A: Insanity (the word is crossed out and in it's place) California.
    I love California, it's my home but it saddens me to see the sorry condition it's in right now.:(

14. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Your railing needs painting

Attached Files:

15. aircoup

aircoup

california land of peasants

16. Hello;
    Do know Kristoffer Waldren in Uppsall?

17. Hum a few bars and I'll see if I can pick it up . . .

18. big creep

big creep

hey dr chopper what a rad spread! can i visit? and can i bring my guns and rifles to use on your range? that would kickass!

19. big creep

big creep

its only in san francisco!!!!

20. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

Its not that great, its down in the 70's today. I had to wear long pants to work today!

21. hasty

hasty

But the poor Cali guys don't get to drive around in things like this for five months of the year....
    The green one has a hatch in the roof because last year it went through the ice on a frozen lake where the guy was fishing and he wants an easier way out next time. His colleague was in a coma for a few months afterwards.

Attached Files:

22. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

People call the middle flyover country. I guess we're just a little tougher. Must be in the water.

23. Yeah, you might be on to something there... grab the Italian dressing out of the fridge, slather it on the Albacore steaks, and toss it on the barby...sometimes with Maple Flavored bacon wrapped around it, too.

24. big creep

big creep

yea thats called grilling, bbq is a 12 plus hour tour of wonderful goodness!

25. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Regarding the "barbuhkew"....just remember this. NATIONAL championships are in KC.....but WORLD championship is in MEMPHIS! ;) LOL However, in spite of that, Memphis remains a sh*thole :eek:

26. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

Well, yall have 250 teams. We have over 500 at the Royal. But, to each their own.

You've clearly never had real barbeque.

27. badgeree

badgeree

The weather over here at the moment makes decisions tough. :rolleyes: It's my day off today, so do I get the M/Cycle out and go for a ride through the mountains, or get out the Coupe and go to the beach. Then the tough decision, which beach, the one with the open air Bar overlooking the sand, or the beach with the surf. Bloody 'ell, it's giving me a headache trying to make my mind up.;)

28. Day of from work???????? If we should do that it would be 5 months off from work,and yes it's a real picture but that is only the first little layer,wait until Februari when there will be around 3-4 feet of that white crap laying around,hope that it's gone late in March or at the latest a week or two into April...

29. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Boys are weird....it does snow in California, in fact some parts get more than the rest of the country, but I digress.

Peru California, that's near Tahoe boys. And yes, we do have camels and even feral camels.

[​IMG]

30. big creep

big creep

hey brandy! how texas treating you? im sure great cause everyone love a california girl!