Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Model A Truck will soon Scream under new Power

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Cshabang

Cshabang

hope you get it together for the drags.....

2. Ha...Ha...you love that truck ! Didn't you say you were putting it back on the street ?...lol
    You got the fever to keep going faster in that old hauler, how much longer before a new cage ? Wasn't there something about some kind of updates you needed ?

3. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

The last dyno pull sqeeked out 550 HP after a jet change last evening running the six 94 carbs..The four barrel did 574 HP w/ that carb and modern intake w/ the high runners made better torque in the end around 481 ft lbs. The six-twos and Offy intake made 441 ft lbs. of torque.....If allowed I would keep that thing on the dyno all winter to play and tweak.....I would like to thank Tony and his father for their time and efforts !........I did buy a camera and filmed the last pull......I just need to figure out what to do w/ it for youtube, my computer is old and may fight me on this....maybe time to get something new....All in all I think the antique six-two's and intake performed pretty dam good in comparison to a superior modern setup........Littleman

4. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tv5OEmAqkOQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tv5OEmAqkOQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  5. Mattilac

Mattilac

That thing is worth its salt.

6. WOW! Sounds like a sprint car! Them roundy rounders been wearing off on you! That is impressive Dave. Thanks for all teh updates/

7. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

8. Hot damn! That thing sounds gooooood!

9. oh hell yeah. thats going to make your truck boogie.

10. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Yes......it aint too bad for a little 355 w/ stock rod length.....and with some Ross Racing majic and my antique carbs and intake up top.............I just bolted it in the Truck frame rails last night and in a few day's should be able to start it..............Littleman

11. Shifter

Shifter

NICE!!!!.....get in, shut up, and hold on...!

12. Luv the truck Dave and the motor sounds Nasty but Deaths Doorstep is goona be mad for being neglected too much. We need some updates on that too!!! Always a fan, keep up the inspiration!!

13. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh baby!! Nice video...makes the little hairs on my neck stick up.

What were your air/fuel numbers single carb compared to the 6 twos?

You definately need to drive that rig of yours to Joplin next year for a shot at the title.

Nice work, -Abone.

14. Cshabang

Cshabang

Cant wait to see this in person!!!

15. patman

patman

I'd like to order a shirt with that on it. But it has to make that sound too.</youtube>

16. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

17. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Abone, if I am reading the dyno sheet correct the four barrel @ peak was 12.7 @ 721.6 cfm @ 7,000 rpm's and the six-two's was 12.9 @ peak @ 693.8 cfm @ 7,300 rpm's......But will have to ask Goatroper02 if I am iterpreted the info correctly....Littleman

18. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Made it to the Strip for the second time w/ the new engine. Only made [3] passes, was wrenching on the carbs the whole day fighting the massive off the line hesitatation, but it's a rocketship once it kicks in....Today I got my first ever on board video shot....You can see how hard the car in the other lane pulls me out of the gate since the hesitation is so long and bad...It is like a country mile, but you also can see the power the engine is making once it gets past the hesitation and hunts him down..Once I figure this out it should run in the 10's easily......That car ran an 11.23....Sorry about the ugly mug shot, I did not think of that when I made my mount...You can see me shake my head in disgust after the burn out when I rev it to clean it out, I could tell it was going to hesitate after working on it for two hours prior...Littleman

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0D2xU4G3EQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_0D2xU4G3EQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  19. haha, the video makes me feel like I am the little evil devil that sits on your sholder....you can feel the power when it kicks in just by watching the video!

20. One Finger John

One Finger John

Moves around just a taste, eh?

21. Man Dave that video is kool. Should be a rocketship once the bog is tweaked out. Looks like too much fun, maybe I should take up my buds offer to drive his racecar.

22. nice video, give it hell Dave the season is almost over

23. VonKool13

VonKool13

That was the coolest video I've seen in a good while. Damn you would have ripped all over that guy with no bog down. NEXT TIME!!!!

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

25. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Damn that was awesome..man I can't wait to see the video of it in the
    10's..

I wish you could come over and make live wire do that hahaha

26. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bet that guy about shit himself when you came around him at the stripe...

Man, that video is a perfect example of how importiant your 60 foot is..by the 330' that dude was two, maybe three cars out on you and an easy half second. It took all the power of your little skinny block to just clip him at teh end.

Lose the bog and get some traction, and the mullet car would have been damn near a full second behind you....but, you already knew that...

What was your 60', 1/4 et and mph???

Fuckin' motor sounded awesome. -Abone.

27. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

One more thing...go back to that video and watch your burnout....Your little car (I mean truck..) goes hard to the right, then immediately back to the left in what was only a short bit of wheel spin..

While you are fixing your bog, think about why the car won't do a straight burnout. That zig-zag burnout is costing you some 60 foot...

Still, even on the burnout, the fucking motor sounds awesome...

-Abone.

28. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Abone, it went out of shape during the burnout due to my line-loc not holding.......The small tiny front Hallcraft single puck calipers have a hard time holding the Truck in place @ times....And the front skinny tires w/ little contact patch do not help things.......The bog is my 60' problem.......I am dropping off my good converter today for adjustment, then go home and start pulling the engine out today as well......The bog has me puzzled as of now, but I have only had it out twice.....and everytime I bolt my carb setup on a different engine, its like starting all over from square one again......Tony @ Ross Racing sugested I try a progressive linkage, which I hate the thought....but worth a try if I cannot nail it, right now the engine is doing it's job and I am not doing my job too well up top w/ the carbs.....and it is a really wicked sounding engine.......Just wait...when I get rid of the bog....I am taking some timing out and will launch this puppy w/ the 249 hp shot of nitrous I have it setup for...Then we will go for a ride.....Thanks for the info !......Littleman

29. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

man dave it sounds great!!!!what was your mph?do you know what the rpm was when you left the line?sounded alittle low to me.it sucks that you just got it back together and now the season is about over,and you know what that means.7 months of bench racing.