Register now to get rid of these ads!

where do you get STOCK henry j suspension parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tub in da dirt, Oct 5, 2010.

1. i am building a 50's kit car and it calls for a henry j frame for a swap
    i found the frame but where do i get all the related parts to restore the chassis.
    any leads out there
    thanks
    tk

2. Shoebox Ford front end. Same thing.

3. brad2v

brad2v

4. does that go for ball joints,tierods, bushings and such
    tk

5. ardyboy

ardyboy

If they were sold in the Sears catalogue would the hardware department have parts?

6. Yup, the upper cross shafts even have the Ford Script cast in them.

7. Wait a minute, they all didn't come with straight axles?

8. Amazing isn't it!?

9. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I saw one with a grill and bumper the other day. Took me a few minutes to figure out what it was.

10. next I suppose you're going to tell me that 41 Willys didn't come with Hemi's standard

11. bbtom30

bbtom30
    from so. cal

No,some 41 Willy's came with Olds motors

12. boldventure

boldventure

Most have blowers too...

13. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

the darin had henry j rear end and bumpers in them actually all henry j i think...

14. Thanks for that info Tman, I may need to know that.

Not to hi-jack this thread but who knows about a wiper motor/linkage for the henry j ?

15. I learned from a wiper guy (newport maybe?) when we had an oddball Packard in the shop that most of the OEMS used the same MFGR so lots of them actually interchange. Kaiser was like AMC and had to buy parts from others since they could not develope their own. I would start with 50-54 cars such as the shoebox. I was blown away 25 years ago when I cleaned my front end up and found FORD parts! Then I did the 70s conversion of AMC bolt on spindles and disk brakes.

16. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

Try Rare Parts in Stockton Ca

RIP ED

17. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

Not Ford parts but very close. I had to go check but no not on the 53HJ atleast it has the KS stamp. I have one of each a 53HJ and a 50 Ford. I have another 52 HJ coming this weekend if I can get a trailer to pick it up. The spindles are pretty close and can have the knuckles flipped like a shoebox except you don't have to do anything to the linkage. Also on the Kaisers they had lug bolts and not lug nuts. Like I said close but not the same. If you give me some time I might have a extra set let me pick through the extra parts and I will let you know if I have any extras. Also I might be doing a frame swap on the new 52 HJ. Complete sets of control arms do come up on evilbay all the time. Too bad you weren't looking last year a guy was selling a roller with OD trans and 4 banger for $350 in Chicago that I almost bought for the trans alone. They do both have the 5 on 4 1/2 lug pattern.

18. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies