Register now to get rid of these ads!

I'm curious about screen names

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Sep 22, 2010.

1. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Not sure...really??? and I only look like Ron Jermey after midnight...

2. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

OH,,i fergot to mention ,,my Last Name is "CONN" ,,Billy Conn,,,named after the "Prize Fighter that Fought Joe Lewis before WW II ,,my Dad was Middle Weight Champ of the Pacific in WW II '44 & '45 ,,,between fighting the Japs on his P T Boat,,Gen MacCarther awarded him him the Medels ,,
    Nope,,i never stepped foot in the ring ,,with Rock n Roll ,,Short Skirts and Hot Rods in the '50's ,,i never made any sense of gettin' my brains beat out ,,Way too much fun otherwise ,,

3. People always ask me what my name means. I use it on other sites as well.
    And I'll never tell.

4. Mine's simple I painted my 55 chevy orange. When I went to the DMV I asked for a plate that ended in 55 They gave me the plate OC55. When people asked me what the OC stood for all I could think of was Orange Crush. Carlg

5. Also Groucho, I think there are few reasons for the abundant creativity of user names on message boards....

-How many "John R" can you have? Then I'd be John R56 or whatever was available.
    -Some folks want a lot of privacy, whereas some folks don't care at all.
    -Some folks pick fun/funny/clever names.

6. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

Hey the song is good, no shame there. As for the singer well we all know he's a flake. But I prefer to tell people I was named after Levon Helm because he's a way better musician anyway and my parents NEVER provided anything close to any explanation other than they "may or may not have been very high" throughout the 70's.

7. storm king

storm king

I've been ignoring this because I thought I'd already posted here, but I hadn't; so...
    Storm King is what we named our race cars, which was for the mountain in our town, Storm King Mountain. So we picked up some local identity with it, plus it had a powerful image (this was back in the early '60's, y'all). I use it now mostly to find folks who might remember the cars (always looking for more pix!).
    Storm King mountain is between Cornwall, N.Y., and West Point, the United States Military Academy.

8. Ray C's son

Ray C's son

I'm Ray C's son, Kevin. He's the guy who started this car stuff for me so it's a sort of tribute to him. Boring I guess, but he's still one of the smartest people i've ever known. Man, I really miss that old fart.

9. I'm Old, live in Arizona and my last name is really, Crow. And I help out at Bonneville in The Old Crow Speed Shop pits. Put them all together, and ya get what ya get! My firsy name is Christy, but like a boy named Sue, ya just don't call me Christy! Crow will do! (Whew, explanations....I hate 'em. Crow.

10. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

my name 1946chevytruck because i love the 46 chevy trucks and all the 39-46 chevy/gmc truck model.thanks

11. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

no comment.

12. Larjk9

Larjk9

Larjk9...I train dogs for a living. I'm 6'2 250 People call me Big Dog
    That screen name was taken.

13. LOL! My dad raced motorcycles in the 1920's with a guy named Harry Balz. Seriously.

14. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

nickname ,i've been called redz,since i was little "red hair" ,when i started to race , figure -8 & demo derbys , i wanted a cool name for the top of the car ,there was a pro rassler in the early 70's for mc manon called "the unpredictable johhny rodz" ,that 's how redz rodz was born , trilling fans every since ha ha !!!!!!

15. kindofadick

kindofadick
    from Indiana

I sign my real name in pms. I work with a bunch of morons that I learned a long time ago I don't have to be nice to. Also, I have been introduced several times as, "This is Cody. He is kind of a dick."

16. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Well mine is just easy for me to remember. It is my school stuff. :D

But when I send a private message to someone, I always try and put my name, and something like "have a great week," or "thanks for you time." I think that that is more respectful.

17. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Is there a Ben Dover here on the HAMB?

18. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

What I been around for over 35 yrs .... ch3no2fc
    I wanted to use Groucho but some a hole got it first .... LOL

19. lorodz

lorodz

im surprised this is still a thread i posted a match ya face to the screen name and it was deleted very fast...said it would take up to much band width

20. 61TBird

61TBird

That's why I "correct" people when they call me Dave....:D

21. 61TBird

61TBird

Do you really want to see what some of these Guys look like? :eek::D

22. 4406

from Oklahoma

Had a 440 six pack once,and I liked it. 4406

23. As for me, MITCH is short for my last name and thats what just about everyone I know calls me, and I own a 36 Ford and a 36 Chevy, hence MITCH 36. Sometimes I sign Mike or Mitch, dont really know why.

24. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

Ben Dover and Phil McCrevis

25. '46SuperDeluxe

'46SuperDeluxe
    from Clovis, CA

Edited because I didn't pay attention to the question...I usually only use my real first name when I PM people on here. Regards, Gary :)#

There are a lot of Gary's on here, and lately gary has become synonymous with SpongeBob's pet snail, or Oprah's a$$h@le on Southpark...

Groucho...izatyou?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  26. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

I live 20mins from the border in san diego,so i am the hombre and old rides have been my ruin,,,as well as women...The name is Paul

27. Roadsir

Roadsir

All the Cool Erics were used...An old car club from New Ulm MN called the Roadsirs (NUROADSIR). Considered "Just Eric" or may change it to "ROADSIR"

Last edited: Sep 24, 2010
  28. lorodz

lorodz

somtimes it good to put a face with the name ...plus everyone always travels to diffrent shows and meets ..i thought it would be cool to know what other h.a.m.b ers look like..

29. chillywilly

chillywilly

I am actually a penguin

30. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

7/13 is my anniversary, also named my business Seven Thirteen Productions, never forget it