Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where did you get your screen name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zzford, May 19, 2009.

1. I just came up with Goober when I first registered because I needed a "handle" and I remembered a humorous expression relating to the old Andy Griffith Show -- "Gomer pumps gas, Goober fixes cars" and I used that in my signature for a while. Originally, I used a George Lindsey pic in my avatar. Later, I changed it to Duane who was on the old Boyd Coddington American Hot Rod show because I thought he was such a Goober. But I had to drop that avatar after a couple years because I kept getting responses from people who thought I was him. Coincidentally, I just had a PM about my screen name today from a guy who's been known as Goober all his life.

2. 500 single

500 single

My motorcycle's a Royal Enfield 500 single cylinder. (Well, now it's a 535). Pretty original, huh? :confused:

3. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

back in '86 I was cutting up a trailer frame with the torch one evening at a new job. I had some raggety levi's and was standing over a floor drain where someone had spilled laquer thinner.
    About the time I was wondering why I had gotten so warm I heard
    "You with the torch, Hey TORCH!!! YOUR ON FIRE!!!"
    I said "yeah I am pretty good ain't I"
    Then I took the mask off woo hoo I AM on fire
    and it stuck.
    Mom doesn't like it.

4. screwball

screwball

mine came from JANUARY 1948 vol 1 number 1 Hot Rod magazine. First paragraph in the article for the First Annual Hot Rod Exposition. "Long regarded as a screwball diversion for a lot of reckless kids with more nerve than brains, the building and racing of hot rods has finally come to be recognized as a major sport in this area".

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  5. ductdude

ductdude

In my business we clean and install heat and a/c ductwork

6. Eb4Prez

Eb4Prez

Know anyone better qualified for the job?

7. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

everything I own has loud Pipes

8. Koolade

Koolade
    from Illinois

I'm a fat guy that owns a red sweatshirt. Ironically my fatter freind yelled "hey Koolade!" one day when I walked in.

9. it's my name glen dale caldwell. my friends call me glendale.

10. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Willie Dixon song: I'm built for comfort, I ain't built for speed - but I got everything that the little girls need.

11. drunkenJesus

drunkenJesus

Hell of a second post, huh?
    I just walked away from a pretty bad roll over (pic in my album) and headed to a buddies house. I came in and told the story. They all started reminiscing about my escapades, I'd gotten shot a few years back, this was my 3rd roll over, had a few trips to the hospital near death. My buddy Nik laughs and said "Boy man, you're just like Jesus, coming back from the dead" Lar's gotta throw in "eh, I don't know about Jesus, maybe a drunken Jesus"
    I've had it ever since!

12. Fatbrosracing

Fatbrosracing
    from Australia

My brother and I are fairly large boys, we were racing a lot at a local dragstrip and some-one called us FAT BROTHERS RACING. My motor trimmer mate made an injector cover for my brothers car and stitched it into the top, but he shortened BROTHERS to BROS. Then another mate painted a sign for the front of my garage as a gift ..... which is my avatar. Not very exciting, but it suits me.

13. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

My real name is Bob, so I go by Charles for short.

but really....Charles is my name.

14. Couldn't afford a 49 Mercury when I was younger so got a 1966 Volvo Amazon to make into a sled.

15. angry

angry
    from ventura ca

i dont f&$#%$ know

16. fat tire

fat tire

Beer!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. drchopper

drchopper

ever since I won the Grand National Roadster show best Chopper ten years ago , my buddies all called me DR Chopper . Here is my last build .

[​IMG]

18. Mine's a play on words from a certain "rite of passage" film that I love.

19. sun down

sun down
    from tx

I do my best work at sun down

20. cederholm

cederholm

...it's my name.

21. at a previous job my computer log in was tomcan short for tom candelaria... people started calling me tomcan for short, then we needed aol chat accounts for work and my friend came up with tomcantdoit. i set up this account under candelariacustoms, but that didnt fit me at all, it was between silent "flaw"(my graffiti name when i wrote) or tomcantdoit and well we know which one won :D and i get a good laugh when i tell people what my email is.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  22. dnf51

dnf51

I gotta dodge 360 in my 1951 ford f-1. So the screenname dnf (dodge n' ford)51 kinda jump in my head at the time...btw its not "dodgin' ford" even though i do prefer the dodge motor.

23. From the depths of hell !

24. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

On the jobs I worked at I was the only Englishster, little fellers would knock down a chimney on me and yell after all the bricks fell down, Francisco.... Francisco Plumbero.....did we kills you? I put a bit of soldering flux on the tortilla plate and stole all the paper out of the out house, you can eat the flux I use so it wouldn't kill them but their little hiney holes must have sure gotten sensitive cause there was a lot of banjo playing going on back there.

25. Well last name is Cain an whether it was may Dad or my oldest son Shelby R.I.P both of them or my youngest son Cody or me seems the shit always starts there.So RAZIN CAIN!!!!!!!!!!

26. 1961 Comet................. and its mighty fine. :cool:

27. EDGEFIND

EDGEFIND

When I was still a Tool & Die Maker apprentice, I managed to forget to lock the knee on a bridgeport mill and when I stepped around the side to see how close I was to touching off a workpiece, my leg caught the handle and I turned a nice new shiny starrett edgefinder into a smoking chunk of purple scrap metal but it stayed together the whole time. The spring and internal components were all still intact. It put some nice swirlies into the vise jaw too. After that, one of the other apprentices gave me the name and it stuck.

28. el shad

el shad

I live 13 miles from the Mexico border. A lot of folks here have bad accents. Most of my guys at work cant pronounce Chad with the "CH" sound. They say it with an "SH" instead. The call me "El Shad" because it is was easier than "The Chad".

I don't capitalize it because I aint chit.

29. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

There were always several Joes that hung around the local car spot, but I was the only one with a 1957 car, a Chevy Bel Air at the time. They just started calling me "57 Joe" to go along with it. When I sold the Chevy after it got rear-ended, I bought my 57 Ford, the name stuck.

The "FoMoPar" is a play on FoMoCo, since I have a Ford vehicle with a Chrysler drivetrain