Register now to get rid of these ads!

old cars found in the woods of southern WV southwest VA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratroddude, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

I have travled many miles to collect the pics of some of the forgotton cars from the age of the american dream , every car here has a story , once , it was someone's brand new pride and joy , straight off the assembly line from an american company , based in DETROIT. Once, these relics took people to work to achieve the american dream of owning their own house , little white fence , and a yard for thier children to play in . Once , these forgotton friends in the woods were the modes of a learning process to get a driver's licence , how many of these cars do you think that someone set behind the wheel of an automobile for the first time? , I would say that some of these cars carry the story of someone's first prom , first date , first car to call their own , and with those thoughts , they obtained the freedom of the road that , as we grow older , we tend to forget because of work , and life in the fast lane trying to achieve our piece of the american pie. And after a lifetime of stories , and faithful service , these beautiful works of art were , for some reason , laid to rest in back fields of farm land , rolled over the hill in the woods , or simply left on the side of the road on their way out west when something simple sealed their fate to be abandoned. , now , after many , many years , we learn to appreciate these old friends of the family , and we now search them out , in the nooks and crannies of our nation , to rekindle a lost time in our memories that show a better place in time , So , please enjoy these pieces of american rolling art for what they are , and for what they used to be , remember , at one time these relics were just as big a part of someone's american dream as your brand new , first time owned vehicle of today , man , if these old steeds could only tell us the stories of their life !!!! , enjoy!! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=22695&id=100000653809737&l=e21a91dffd

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  2. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

btw , a small portion of these cars (the tri-five stuff) was taken in NC.

3. customcory

customcory

My grandfather had a farm in Alderson West Virginia. If you went out the back door and straight up the hill way out on one end of his property someone started a good junkyard of mostly Mopar products and some oddball cars from the fifties back. There wasn't even a road to them , they were in there so long. No Desoto grill bars though! A guy in the town of Alderson had a old parts /repair garage , had two crazy custom corvairs in front. He had a crapload of old ford mechanical parts. We cleaned him out of NOS Chevy stuff he had bought from a dealership years before. West Virginia used to really have cars stuck here and there, I havent been back in awhile.:D

4. ... my old ars follows me wherever I go... :rolleyes::D

5. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

LMAO ,yea , I noticed that after I hit the post button , so.... that's CARS , not ARS...lol

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Did you write that? Very nice work!;).............so you are forgiven for missing the C :)
    You get an A+:D

7. guitar man

guitar man
    from Tulsa OK

That's awesome. I saw a few parts I could use lol

8. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Yea , I wrote that , I got a big passion for the old stuff , the stories it could tell if it only had a voice , the places the cars have seen , the times they lived in , the people who owned them , you know , people are'nt the only tihngs that live a life , the cars we search out had lives , past lives , and we , as the resurecturs of their former glory are the ones who give life back to these rolling machines of a time long gone , but not forgotten, to once again roll proudly down an old street that mabye they once seen with the mom and pop store on the corner now replaced by a Mega-Walmart , or go flying past the now defunct falling-down drive-in right outside of town, where mabye, the car sat a many friday or saturday night with a young couple , that told everyone they were going to the "submarine races" that truly fell asleep because of the boring movie , and was late getting the date home , and the father chased the youngster out of the driveway , while the old iron flew at top speed !!! , it is the thoughts like this that pass thru my mind every time I walk up on a old piece of iron setting on a farm , or in the woods , kinda crazy , huh?

9. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

bump for the evening crowd

10. hotrod8

hotrod8

just makes an old man want to puke !!!!!!!!!!!

11. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

12. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

I'm sure it does, Smart ars:D

13. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Nice pics, sad to see those cars abandoned.

14. ratrod dude, altho i dont knwo about your name, i do how ever agree with the feeling of these things. workin on my 29 coupe or what have you. i always say to it 'what if you could talk' were have you been, what have you done, what have you seen?

when i work on my old pickup thats been in my family for years i always think, that it seen my granpa when he was younger, it seen my dad as a teenager, my grandpa parked it years ago. now i am bringing them back, why do they deserve to be killed? iv owned a lot of cars despite my age, and plain and simple, some of them have personality as if they know what your doing for them