Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Fordor on 32 frame?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bull, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Bull

Bull

I took a long ride in the roadster yesterday and the idea of a family hauler came to mind. I'm an A guy -- got 3 of them currently. How about a fenderless A Fordor on 32 rails? 4-5" chop, 32 grille, 32 tank out back, 35 Ford wires & bias Firestones. Anyone done it? Got pics?

2. brady1929

brady1929

sounds good to me. anyone got pics?

3. terry48435

terry48435

Check this out.It's for a '29 on a '32 chassis, it's probably close to what you're looking for...

Attached Files:

4. terry48435

terry48435

Here's a '32 frame schematic...

Attached Files:

5. OCTANE ORPHAN

OCTANE ORPHAN
    from Ohio

Do it... If done right, wheels, tires, stance.. you would be on to some thing way cool!! Some people are scared of all the wood in the body, i say all the more reason to put on a stiffer frame. I have told a few guys I thought it would be cool to do an A more door... Like you said, 5 inch chop, i would do a full hood for sure, deuce shell and tank... badass!

6. newjersm3

newjersm3

Herbert Gaski, Coolest I have seen..[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  7. Bull

Bull

My plan was for a ride the wife could drive. I was thinking small block Ford powered (under a full hood and hood sides) -- since I have one laying around, C4 auto tranny, Vega steering, So-Cal disc brake set-up with Buick finned drum covers, 9" rear, maybe even Coker/Excelsior radial bias tires. Something very easy to drive! If it were for me to drive I'd have no problems running 4 wheel drum brakes, side steering, 3 pedals and bias plys but I want the wife to fee comfy driving it on long hauls (with our future family) too.

Pics? Or am I treading new waters here? The pic in my head looks pretty bitchin anyway!

8. This is a 32 sedan,, HRP

9. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

You're reading my mind.. I was thinking the same thing, except i wanted to do a fordor slant. Less wood in the body of these. I asked for pics at one time, not many around.

10. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

11. i want to see this also, maybe a slant fordor with a 32 header, 32 rails, 32 grille, flathead, american racing mag 5 spokes all around with some slick in the back and some skinies in the front. makes me happy just thinking of it:D

29EHV8 likes this.
  12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i am thinking of a car from an early issue of the Mark Morton Hop Up, i think. it's a deuce, but gets your idea across. it's brown. very cool car. i'll see if i can come up with a pic.

13. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Now this is nice!

[​IMG]

14. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Try finding some pics of Big George Langs 30-31 Four door from the Twin Cities area from the late 50's. NEAT ride. Too bad it got turned into a resto rod like the one above and slipped into obscurity.....
    PM JJ Rodder here on the HAMB. He was a Torqers member with George, and may have some good shots/details of the car.

15. Rusty

Rusty

Starting one next week

16. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Rusty, be sure you post pictures..

17. Bull

Bull

I dig this car. Saw it on an episode of My Classic Car too.

[​IMG]

18. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Four door hiboys really look good. I would go for a deuce four door since they can be had for a lot less than a 2 door. Your build plan could stay the same. I have seen nice rust free bodies for under 10K. I am not familiar with the A four door bodies maybe they are less expensive but the Deuce is a bad boy for sure. Just my thoughts.

Attached Files:

• 2cds.jpg
      2cds.jpg
      File size:
      49.1 KB
      Views:
  19. Bull

Bull

I'm thinking a solid, complete A Fordor could be had for well under half the cost of a Deuce Fordor in similar condition.

29EHV8 likes this.
  20. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

Seems like there was a really solid slant window fordor body in the classifieds for like 2800 bucks or so. Someone else on here had a complete (fenders and all) one for sale too.

21. 4 door hi boys are coming on strong. Better snatch up that 28 - 34 more door you've had your eye on because they're the next "it" car.

You won't be able to touch them in a few years.

22. bryan6902

bryan6902

Just what you need, another project! You trying to tell us there's a small Bull on the way? Seriously that would be a cool ride, and remember you can borrow our car seat to make sure it will fit. A Fordor would be way better than a Tudor for pulling kid seats in and out.

23. Bull

Bull

Naw, no little Bulls yet. Just planning ahead. And no I really don't need another project, but I'm an addict, what can I say? ;)

24. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Kustm52 started one just as you described BUT his fender fetish got in the way. Still has the black paint body but the '32 chassis was sold off and A stuff took it's place. The slant windows look great as a hiboy.

25. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Hey bull I dont know ya but we will meet one day, I love your attitude, go for it ,but one of my x wifes said back in 80, takin a roadster to ohio, goin through chi/town pregnant with my first born,( I dont care what you do but I,m not drivin home in this thing) oh well that was 3 roadsters ago and a wife and 2 more kids, keep up yur attitude, cause before ya know your kids will be havin kids and we do have to pass the torch go for it!!

26. Bull

Bull

My wife is a saint and encourages my hot rod addiction. She's taken many cold, rainy, hot, sunny, etc. rides in the roadster with me. She saw an A Fordor at the BTT50's swap that caught her eye, so who am I to argue? ;)

27. yup, and you can pick up the 32 frame and most of the goodies from the fidgiter....
    http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=508443

28. sttucker

sttucker
    from Minnesota

I hope to start a 29 blind back on 32 rails this summer. I will start a thread when I get going.