Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sun Visor ID Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adidasink, Sep 11, 2010.

1. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

Ok....this visor was on my 50 Ford Sedan when I bought her....I think it is from a late 40's early 50's Chevy sedan or truck but want to be sure....my plan is to sell it off to help save $$ for some Coker WW's. So with that said what is a good price for it?

It is painted and in very very good condition I kept the mounting hardware with it (you can see it taped to the visor in a bag). The chrome molding is in awesome condition and has the center support/mounting bracket as well with mounting hardware attached.

This isnt an ad....I am just trying to get clarification on what models it would fit on so when I do sell it I am selling it with the correct info...

I did do a search in the Classifieds section which has me narrowed down to a late 40's early 50's Chevy....but I live for specifics...ha ha ha

Pictures below.

Attached Files:

2. Squablow

Squablow

I believe that is what they call a Dietrich visor. Adjustable in the center for different widths, aftermarket.

3. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

Ok so I did some research on the Dietrich Visors...am I missing the two stainless end caps for either side?

4. Squablow

Squablow

Yup, looks like you are.

5. olds34dude

olds34dude
    from florida

I don't know what it is but itsure is nice and I would't guess a price, but think about this before you sell; recently I sold a Foxcraft visor for a 59 Ford on craigs to some one on tne west coast for alittle over $100 and it showed back up on the H.A.M.B. a few weeks later back in Florida with a price of $1000- that's life, I was happy to sell and have no complaints but I probably should have thought about it just na little more before selling!...I hope he got his price

6. Squablow

Squablow

'59 Ford visor is a very rare piece and will probably bring the $1000 in time. The Dietrich visor is nice looking, but it's missing the side pieces and they are much, much more common. I had one personally on my '40 Chrysler but swapped it out for a Fulton, the Dietrich is more 49-52 era. The one shown above is probably a $200 visor as-is.

7. adidasink

adidasink
    from Denton, TX

cool...thanks everyone!

Ill post it on craigslist....and probably here....someone has to want/need it...

8. bombclub53

bombclub53

how much are you asking for it???