Register now to get rid of these ads!

1960 crew cab

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by INF, Sep 10, 2010.

1. INF

INF
    from las vegas

this is my new shop truck, or will be when its done.. i was trying to get info and cant seem to find any. maybe someone can help. i was told they where built for the military and very few where done... thanks

Attached Files:

VANDENPLAS and The Magic Ratchet like this.
  2. Trophydash

Trophydash
    from Tulsa, OK

Didn't one of the hearse companies build the original crew cab trucks?

3. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

I would kill for the merc version!!!
    well.. maybe not kill.. seriously maim maybe..

looks like fun

4. INF

INF
    from las vegas

more pics from when i found it

Attached Files:

5. INF

INF
    from las vegas

did merc make one in 60?

6. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

There were alot of these conversions done for the railroads as crew vehicles for track laying and highway departments. Crown Coach, Orville Speciality Metal, and Armbruster were just a couple of the companies doing these for Ford early on. Ford did some at Michigan Truck

7. RoadWarrior13

RoadWarrior13
    from Louisiana

What are your plans ? I love it .... I hope you're slamming it .. Lay that rocker on the ground................

8. 4406

from Oklahoma

Very cool I agree with road warrior.

9. In addition to the uses already mentioned, utility companies used them as well. I don't know as if I would call them rare, exactly, but certainly uncommon. All in all there are probably more International crew cabs around from the early years than anything else, since IH was the first to offer them as a regular production option. A couple of guys here own early '60s Ford or IH crews and have posted them.

10. chaddilac

chaddilac

Wow, how freakin cool is that!!!

11. RoadWarrior13

RoadWarrior13
    from Louisiana

I would make that rear end real short and put something like a 26'' rim with a huge fat lip

12. INF

INF
    from las vegas

i was planning on using a top kick drive train and chassis because i have one but i may have it sold, so know im leaning more towards a dodge chassis and cummins set up.. im selling my superduty to a friend and now i need a hauler

13. 46stude

46stude

I had the remnants of a crew cab '57 F600 winch truck a while back- it was an old oilfield truck. It was completely rusted out (doors long gone & not much floor left), but I salvaged the Y block.

Nice project. I'd love to have one like it!

14. INF

INF
    from las vegas

it was tuff getting the guy to let it go.. he was selling it but was very emotional and connected to it.. i guess it was his parents and they are gone..

15. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Had a 59 crew cab, built for the Air Force base in Great Falls, Montana. The Air Force used a lot of crew cabs. Mine had a stepside on it. Might get it back someday. It would look great as a short wide box with the big back window.

16. RoadWarrior13

RoadWarrior13
    from Louisiana

CUMMINS power plant and drivetrain would be SICK , black smoking everybody in traffic

17. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

pretty cool you found one!! a buddy and i hauled a 60 f250 crewcab back from sacramento awhile back. towed it home with a 65 shortbed with a few springs out of the rear for a softer ride...... yaaa we about died on the way home. he ended up selling it to someone in orange county, pretty cool truck. want to say his was built by Crown coach.

18. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

after reading a post in the thread, that other 63-64 crew in utah i told you about was made by Orville

19. I talked to the guy that had it. He hit me with a really high price. I saw it a few months later on CL with no price..So I didn't call.. He updated the ad with a price but wouldn't talk to me because I walked on the high dollar price. I wanted it to replace the vehicle I use to push the race car. That will be a bitchen truck when it is done.. Geat score.. Give it the love it deserves.

20. Trukcrazy

Trukcrazy

That is a great truck to build. I am a fan of the old crews as I have 2. They are not quite old enough for the H.A.M.B., but 1967 is my favorite year for Ford trucks. Will be watching for the build on this one.

21. If your diesel is spewing thick black smoke.... it ain't running right. Just a bunch of unburned fuel being wasted.

22. INF

INF
    from las vegas

i got the price way down from what he wanted.. not sure what he originally wanted

23. He was asking 3G more than he ended up advertising it for.. He pointed out that he was "giving it away" for that amount. I told him "good luck" and walked away.. I'm glad that one of "us" got it...

24. INF

INF
    from las vegas

he wanted 5k.. wow i got it down over the phone and after a saw it i offered him 500 less than we talked about.. it took way to long because he wants to talk and never stops

ras likes this.
  25. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

ford-trucks.com has all the info you could want on that. Im looking for a 67-72 ford crewcab as we speek.....

26. Trukcrazy

Trukcrazy

I will keep my eyes open for 67-72 crews. Both of mine are 67 Fords. You looking for a 2wd or 4wd? The more I see the older crews like this 60, I may want to go older myself. Congratulations on the truck.

27. James66g

James66g

NIIICE!! I have picked up a 66 crew cab myself I cant seem to find any real info on mine either and the door tag says nothing about it being a crew cant wait to see some building it up pics !

28. Trukcrazy

Trukcrazy

Very nice. Here is the Slick 60s website. You might find some information there. http://fordtruk.com/ Maybe I will find some motovation here to get mine back on the road. Thanks.

29. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

i know mine was a forestry truck...but i think the color kinda gave it away;)

Attached Files:

30. INF

INF
    from las vegas

not wanting to sell this truck but i took it to a car gathering we have on sundays and alot of people wanted it.. i want o build it so its staying unless some decent money comes along.. i dont get attached to anything...