Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs * cadillac cruisers *

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cruiser, Sep 20, 2008.

1. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Restoration in progress on the 68 vert, doors comming off tommorow, all stainless and chrome off to the chrome shop.

Attached Files:

2. 133

i hope they remove those gold-chainer wheels and tires, ;), or at least cover them really good.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  3. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Any photos or experience of turning a '42-'47 Cadillac four door sedan to a 2-door convertible or carson-topped custom??? I have tried to compare pics and the trunk lid looks the same in sedan and conv. Front doors seem to be a bit longer. Any mods/strenghtening in conv. frame or body? Thanks.

http://www.convertibletopguys.com/convertible/825/1942-47-Cadillac-All-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
    Pauljrestomod97 likes this.
  4. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Yea I know what you mean, I thought about that last night, I just bought those things, and they aint cheap, I'd hate to be forced to gold plate them things haha!!!:D

5. aceuh

aceuh

I'd been looking for a BIG car for awhile when I ran up on this 67 Cadillac. When I first saw it I walked away due to the seller having "For sale" on the windshield but no price...I kicked myself in the arse for not at least calling about it for a week. I saw the car again and immediately called the digits...and hung up on the owner when he quoted me a stupid price. I told my friends that were with me I'd buy the car if the owner ever got his head straight on the money....five months later he got the price where I needed to see it and I became her new caretaker.

It's an 80K actual mile car. I haven't been able to find a speck of rust on it anywhere. The floors, trunk, doors, quarters, fenders....everything is solid. The interior also still looks new and the seat isn't broken down from years of fat owners plopping down behind the wheel.

And no I didn't bolt these wheels on it...but they're growing on me. It came with the stockers but the tires on them are pretty much junk... Came with the Jesus tag to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'd eventually like to bag it and get her down where she needs to be.

Also having an issue with the A/C. It blows hard out the center vent...the outer vents hardly have any airflow. I've pulled the outer ducts from the plenum and there is some airflow there...but it's not very strong. Is there a possibility of a vacuum valve not opening entirely that's restricting the flow? Can anyone point me in the right direction on this? Any suggestions as far as Cadillac forums/message boards that might be of assistance?

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  6. MIKE P.

MIKE P.

Thats a nice 67!!! Not a fan of the big inch wires ,but its super clean.

7. 133

yes, that is very nice. i'd lose the daytons though. that isn't the original paint is it? Cadillac really messed up with the design of the steering wheel, one of the things i don't like about '67-68.

8. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Sweet ride...put some Caddy wires on it and slam it!!

9. aceuh

aceuh

Thanks guys! I'm not a fan of the 20" wheels either...but they're paid for, so I'll probably run em for a bit.

She's had one respray and a new vinyl top. All the interior, moldings, bumpers and chrome is original though.

Definitly want to bag it...not sure when it's going to happen though.

10. Odenzon

Odenzon

This 1941 Cadillac is our daily driver. It still has Flathead 346cid and Hydramatic. Its been in our family about 10 years now. The paint is ORIGINAL. And the interior is two tone tuck 'n roll (maroon / cream)
    It still goes easily 90mph. :):):)

[​IMG]

11. 133

wow, that looks killer! anymore pics Odenzon?

12. MIKE P.

MIKE P.

Yeah MORE pics thats 41 is the shit!!!

13. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

My three favorite girls, Nadine, and my two daughters, they were taking pictures with Nadine out in front of my wifes buisness for a highschool football add, as you can see our teams colors are purple and gold...I didn't realize how low Nadine was, with the chop, and the bags, until I looked at my 3 year old in front of her.

Attached Files:

14. slo929

slo929

just saw this thread and thought i would post up my caddy, ive owned this car off and on for over 15 years :eek:

Unfortunatly, the little lady wants me to sell it being that i have so many cars in the driveway...

Attached Files:

15. Odenzon

Odenzon

I check if i could find/take some more pics... Right now i dont have any good ones. Most of my pics disappear when our computer broke. :cool:

16. 133

more pictures would be awesome! that is really a kickass Cadillac.

yo caddy man, what's the haps with the 'vert?

17. cball

cball

My fathers 47 series 61 fastback, unique engine, had the chance to help him rebuild it, fun car to drive also.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Going to check on it tommorow, everythings in primer, he's been blocksanding all week, should be shooting color next week.

19. 133

that was pretty quick. either he is super fast or your Cad was very straight.

20. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

He had the fenders, hood, and trunk lid, all bumpers, and every bit of stainless trim off the car in 2 days, the next day the doors were off, he's got 2 guys that work with him and they get on a car and stay steady on it, so I'd have to say he is fast, but my car is pretty straight.

21. Odenzon

Odenzon

I Finally got some more pics of our Cad !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Engine is maby little ''rusty looking'' but it still works like a clock! :D

22. 133

thank you Odenzon! your family's Cad is awesome!

23. Odenzon

Odenzon

Huh, wtf?? My pics dissappeared??

24. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

ODENZON......

If you moved (Relocated or Rearranged) your photo locations in your photo hosting site that will remove the photos from the HAMB Forum..... I had the same problem... I had posted photos on HAMB and then decided to rearrange my photos on my hosting site (Photobucket) and all of the ones that were move were lost on the HAMB.

HAMB does not hold any photos on their Servers..... All photos are held by the owner on their own photo hosting site........

HOPE THIS HELPS.......
    Rich.....

25. 133

Caddy Man, any updates?

26. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Suppose to pick her up tommorow, he and his guys worked on this thing for 6 weeks staight every day, but it's finally finished...hopefully will be able to post some pics of the finished product over the weekend.

27. 133

don't make me wait! J/K

28. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Alright 133, here you go!!! I'll try and get some outside pics soon, I think it turned out slick, what do you think ?

Attached Files:

29. Hey caddy man. Sweeeet, me likey. What shade is the green ?

30. caddy man

caddy man
    from usa

Thanks hoboy56, it's actually snakesking green, but these pictures don't depict the color very well, it's got a lot of gold pearl in it, it looks like a pea green in these pics, but in the sun it comes alive.