Register now to get rid of these ads!

Memphis TN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loaded dice speed shop, Aug 24, 2010.

1. loaded dice speed shop

loaded dice speed shop

making a trip to southern Ill and passing though Memphis this weekend be there on fri going to see Graceland , just wondering anyone had any favorite bbq places to eat in Memphis.

2. Mercchev

Mercchev

Downtown at the Rendezvous is always good...Bring lots of ammo, though.

3. X2...

...then make your way to Gus's Famous Fried Chicken for dessert (order fried chicken).

JH

4. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Interstate BBQ is damn fine. BBQ sandwich with coleslaw o it. Memphis style sandwich if i recall.

5. injunjoes

injunjoes

Central bbq or rendezvous

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Another vote for Rendezvous. Interstate is good, too. Heck, I was in Memphis for a week one time and ate at a different BBQ restaurant for lunch and supper every day and it was all good.

7. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Check out Sun Studio as well if you have the time. Very cool!:cool:

8. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Tops and, Captain Johns bbq in Collierville, just down 385. There is also the Metal Museum down town by the river.

9. whid

whid

lenards bbq,down the street from graceland was very good....you cant leave without trying the smoked baloney sandwhich from interstate bbq.....good stuff..........dave

10. druids62

druids62

There is a really good rib joint about a block to the rear of the Peabody Hotel. Both the service and ribs are quite good. I can't remember the name of the place put it oozes with character. ( that's means that it looks like a "greasey spoon" but the food and entertainment is exceptional) I do believe the BB King blues bar is across the street. I wish I could remember the name of the street!?! Anything dripping in "Corkys" bbq sauce keeps me grinning!:)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  11. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Rendezvous is good if you like dry-rub ribs. Pig on Beale (Beale St. ) is a good one too.

12. kingfishhotrods

kingfishhotrods

The BBQ Shop on Madison ave, Jim Neeley's in Jefferson, Cozy Corner on North Parkway. i'm not much into Rendezvous and Corky's. these are sort of the tourist places. if your are here on thursday night go to the corner of Stage rd./Kirby Whitten. there are usually 100 or so cars. this is the thing to do on thursdays.
    and by the way, welcome to memphis

13. If you're going into southern Illinios on I-57, make sure you fill up with gas before you cross the Mississippi River. After crossing the river, watch your speed, county and state boys with plenty of paper to write on.

14. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Tom's BBQ treated us like royalty when we stopped in last fall. Highly recommended...

If your interested in early Rock-n-Roll....don't forget to check out Sun Recording Studio.... its alot more "real" then graceland

also, can't forget A&R http://www.aandrbbq.com/
    they also treated us very well, we ended up eating there about 5 times during our visit to memphis...

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  15. JamesG

JamesG

The original owner of the Rendezvous died a couple of months ago and the place has really went down hill in service and taste since then.

16. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

Beale St.

17. loaded dice speed shop

loaded dice speed shop

thanks guys for all the replies, heading out tomorrow . I can not believe I forgot about where it all started SUN RECORDS THANKS FOR REMINDING ME! Thanks also for the smoky update patrick2965! thankyou

18. beauishere

beauishere

I'l throw in with The Rendezvous crowd. The dry rub is so good I ordered two dinners. The service has been terrific each time we've been.

Somebody dissin' Graceland? Shame. Great place to pay your respects. Get off of Beale and ask the locals where to eat. They'll steer you right. Have a great time.

Aloha

19. Graceland is the world's longest-running funeral.

Tacky as hell. You gotta go see it.

JH

20. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

^^^^^^^^^^ Im going there saturday for my first time. Its one of those bucket list type of things. I have to go to Graceland before i die. Love the avatar too...that girl makes me want to punch shit....ajhaha awesome

21. loaded dice speed shop

loaded dice speed shop

well went Graceland it was worth it was tacky but something worth seeing and the cars were great! we ate at Rendezvous it was fantastic and service was alright. drove by Sun Records did not have time to go in (next time), thanks for all input. O ya forgot the police all over I-57 so thanks for the info , no tickets this time!

22. You went to Graceland, ate at the Rendezvous, & didn't get shot.

A trip to Memphis doesn't get much better.

JH