Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rich Pichette passes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groucho, Jul 28, 2010.

1. R.I.P. Rich. I never had the honor to meet you, but your passion for kustoms difinetly changed my life. Thank you.

2. zodc

zodc

Rest in Peace.
    He'll probably organize a large cruise in the clouds of heaven.

3. rest in peace you will be truly missed. we should have a sunnymead burger cruise in his honor. what a great man.

4. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

My condolences to the family..Rich was one of the pioneers in bringing back Kustoms.
    He will be missed!

5. akustom57

akustom57

Prayers go out..

6. Rich, Penny, Watson, Keith Dean, Bill Hines, and George Barris at Cruisin with Rich this year March 28, 2010

Attached Files:

7. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

The Paso cruise put into motion cars that I had only seen and read about in magazines, it for sure changed my life forever!

Deepest condolences to Penny and family on the passing of Rich, what a visionary.

8. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

godspeed mr. pichette. my condolences to the family

9. chip chipman

chip chipman

He is still with friends, And some my favorite pictures of Rich. Chip.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  10. Thats the great pictures to remember.

Thanks Chip. You always come thru.
    Love you man

11. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

I met rich when I was just a punk kid cruising around in my minitruck in Moreno Valley. I drove by his house and stopped to look at his car and he actually came out and told me all about it. It was Rich and a another local West Coast member that got me more involved into the kustom scene. Rich was also one of my wifes teachers at Moreno Valley High School, she always used to tell me about this guy that drove a really cool old car to her school. you will be missed. RIP!

12. Rich Pichette's Funeral will be at

Acheson& Graham
    Garden of Prayer Mortuary
    7944 Magnolia Ave.
    Riverside, Ca. 92504
    951-688-1221

Viewing is Friday August 6th from 4pm to 8pm

Funeral is Saturday August 7th from 11am to 2pm

Reception to follow

13. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

RIP Mr. Pichette... Condolences to Penny and the Pichette family..

14. My heartfelt condolences to Penny, Rit and the rest of Rich's family & friends ... I am all to aware of what you have been going through ... Godspeed Rich Pichette!

15. Godspeed Rich Pichette, and my condolences to all his family & friends...

16. Cruiser

Cruiser

Rich was one fine gentlemen and a great friend to the Kustom car guys. He worked hard to bring Kustoms back to what we see today. My he RIP and cruise the slow lanes with Larry Watson.. Two loses it's so sad for us. My condolences to Penny and her family.

CRUISER :cool:

17. Mercchev

Mercchev

Doggone it. Just saw Penny at VLV. We wouldn't have had Paso without them, y'know. RIP, Rich. We will miss you.

18. RIP Rich and condolences to you Penny and family Rich made me comfortable and welcome at the first show that I went to in 82 at Sherwood park. I never forgot that and I for one will miss him. I still do kustoms today and I wish I could go back to the West Coast every once in a while but my thoughts are with you all. Rags

Attached Files:

19. Colin HD

Colin HD

We’ll miss you Rich, I’m sure he’ll masking up for Larry to paint some pearl on those gates!!!!

20. Jeff J

Jeff J

Penny, sorry to hear of your loss of your husband , Your one of the first people I meet when I moved to Calif with my Merc at your car show 1982 in the park ! And seeing you guys at Pomona swap meet when I could get there was priceless !You are my idol ,Rich will be missed, and your a great person hang in there my prayers are with ya ! Jeff Johnson

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  21. Tranny John with Rich.

Attached Files:

22. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Back on top

23. I was a Lowrider in the early 70's. Gave it up for street racing, which I successfully did for many many years. So, I just stuck with "performance" type stuff.............til I went to Paso for my 1st time in 2001. WOW, I was floored at the current popularity in the Lowrider/Kustom/Lead Sled style perpetuated by Rich and his club, West Coast Kustoms. It got me right back into it. I've had now many Lowriders since. Thanks Rich for keeping it alive for us. Say hello to Larry Watson, Dick Landy, Ronnie Sox, Mickey Thompson, and all the rest of the "greats" that you'll keep company with

24. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Sincere thoughts & prayers to the family, and all of our WCK Members. Rich helped rejuvenate the California Kustom Kulture at a time when it was really needed...and he & Penny continued it since 1982.

A loss for us all. Glad we have the H.A.M.B. to help carry the message WorldWide.

Jonnie King

25. Rich and Penny in Paso 2000

Attached Files:

26. I'd rather remember Rich like that. It was very sad to see his condition worsen through the years

27. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Had the pleasure of meeting him at The Road Agents show in CT a coupla times. Thanks, Rich for all you did to revive the Kustom scene. Godspeed.
    My condolences to Penny & Family
    Rick Hamilton
    Galaxy Rod & Custom

28. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

R.I.P. his memory will always live on

29. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

I have a lot of great memories going to all the West Coast Kustom shows with my dad riding in the back seat of his 51 Merc, and I'll never forget the first time I was able to drive my own kustom to Paso. It was all made possible by Rich and Penny Pichette. Thanks for all those memories. RIP

30. blackout

blackout

My condolences. Rich made his mark with West Coast Kustoms and Paso. He had a life long passion for custom cars. He never lost that passion through all life's challenges.