Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I need a little help..please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moter, Jul 27, 2010.

1. moter

moter

Hello folks,

I am close to taking my car to the interior guy. The car is painted washington blue and the wheels are tacoma creme.... [as Scotty Baccus would say.. "bannana pudding color" ] I have a tan top it.. My question is, what color would go best for the interior? I looked thru a bunch of samples this last weekend and I am unable to decide on a color for the seat and carpet. I am almost to the point of painting the wheels blue like the body?

Thank you,

Scott

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HRod 50

HRod 50

Go with a tan/banana cream that matches the wheels as close as possible. I think it would look awesome. Just my 2 cents... Pretty car man!

3. BISHOP

BISHOP

I think your right.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have to vote with Hrod 50 on the Tan/banana cream interior. Sharp looking roadster there.

5. My thoughts also & match the carpet to the top.

6. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Yeah, you gotta bring in the top color and the wheels. It'll look nice and classy.

Kinda reminds me of the saying " That rug really ties the room together " from the Big Lebowski

7. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Love your rod. Go with a leather to match your wheels. It will look so rich.

8. moter

moter

Thanks guys! Its been alot of work to get it where I am now. Still need to fit the hood top and straps.

Anyone have any pictures of this color interior your talking about?

9. 61TBird

61TBird

Fixed it for you...:D

Add me to the list of matching the Interior to the Wheel Color.

10. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

nice car. i agree with the tan leather, along with dark blue stitching and piping.

11. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Here are a few ideas to ponder.

Attached Files:

12. boldventure

boldventure

13. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

After looking at the pictures I posted, I think a contrasting color would be better. If the interior is the same color as the wheels and top I think it would look like a plastic model car where parts were only cast in a couple of colors. I personally would go with a medium/dark leather.

14. 31 stude

31 stude

i would say black keep it simple that way you can change wheel color or car color in the future

15. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Ditto, in Naughahyde!

16. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Oxblood.

That's an old time color. Redish brown. I always think about a 32 3W that was in a magazine in the 60s.

Brown... too original
    Black...too hot
    saddle...too street roddy.
    Grey... even more street roddy.:D
    Red... too much contrast.
    Oxblood...just right.

17. Jagman

Jagman

A lighter color will be a lot cooler on a hot summer day......

I like the idea of the cream to match the wheels, but I see your point. My second choice would still be in the same family, but not brown. The oxblood would work too, but the darker you go the hotter it gets to sit in it.....

18. boldventure

boldventure

High quality fabric inserts in the fanny/back area would reduce the Holy S**t this F***ing thing is hot...symdrome...
    Neat stuff with contrasting piping around the inserts could be nice...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  19. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

20. ironpile

ironpile

How bout a shade of blue near the painters tape on the car?

21. '46SuperDeluxe

'46SuperDeluxe
    from Clovis, CA

I second the oxblood color, or a distressed one if you can find it. I actually have some school'in here (.02¢ worth).If you introduce another color, it will be a focal point and make the whole thing pop. You could stay with the pudding color and that would be "safe" though. Or the butterscotch idea in just a bit darker shade would be nice, you need the variety. Then get those wheels pinstriped in the same color and paint a couple of very small details on the car too to pull it all together. The photoshop multiple shows you a few versions, but the red looks like a booth at an old bar imho, (This is the kind of stuff that I did for a while at the paint counter at Lowe's.)

22. skipstitch

skipstitch

So, what does your upholstery guy suggest??? That's kinda part of his job ain't it :)

23. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

There is two resins to go cream,one is super match to wheels and the other is it would be cool in the sun far better then any dark color,plus cream is mutch EZer to keep clean the white:cool:

24. '46SuperDeluxe

'46SuperDeluxe
    from Clovis, CA

If you have a favorite plaid shirt that you like that is predominately dark blue, notice what other colors go with it. I'm betting that there will be dark red(oxblood), some kind of brown, tan, khaki (banana creme) in there with even some other color like a pinstripe emerald green jewel tone. Does your wife have an opinion? What does she think? Hell yeah, ask the upholstery people too, they should have good advice. What do you think?

25. moter

moter

Thanks guys for all the input. The wife says I should keep the wheel color and use a shade of creme for the interior to go with the wheels. Interior guy had a similar idea its just hard for me to see in my mind....understand? Also....I`m color blind with blues/greens and certain shades of browns. .:eek:

I have never had to pick all the colors while building a car....I just wanted it to be right..go together..thats why I asked you folks :D

Im going this Friday to look at more samples and see what I can come up with.

Scott

26. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

This was mine. Its a lebarron bonney interior in the light tan/yellow color. It looked great with the blue but im not sure about the tan wheels. If it matches it will look great, but if its off too much its gonna stick out like a sore thumb. If im gonna do it again its getting a ruddy brown/red glove leather color, but that wont be for a while:D

[​IMG]

27. TexasDart

TexasDart

I think the cream would be great and then mabye matching blue carpet.

28. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

It's yours to do as you please........but you asked so here goes. I really like the same or close to same color as the rims. That combo sets the car off for me.

29. barnescole

barnescole

you cant go wrong with black leather. however, if i was gonna go the tan route....i'd go a shade or 2 lighter than the wheels and/or top.

with that said, carpet should match the drapes....

30. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Blanket it and drive it a while, then decide, she,s too cool to be worring about that NOW, drive her very nice