Register now to get rid of these ads!

I want: YOUR pictures of the original Deora!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magnumcharger, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Some pics of the Deora when it was green.

Attached Files:

2. A picture update...

Attached Files:

3. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

AWESOME! I Love the Deora...one of my favorite hot wheels!

4. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

Here are pictures of the Deora II that I took at the Peterson Museum in October 2009.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Wicked.....Too friggin Coool...

6. Plowboy

Plowboy

7. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

This one was in Northern Alberta for a short bit was it not?

8. Rikster

Rikster

I just came across this original design sketch by Harry Bradley on the AHRF site.

It shocked me a little reading the text that came with it... you would expect a site like this would know their history a bit better!!!

[​IMG]

9. Deuces

Deuces

Didn't some guy by the name of foose build one of those???

10. Fordguy321

Fordguy321
    from Arizona

foose did a hotwheels one. but dont look like original

11. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

I remember seeing it when it was on the show circuit in the 60's. If I remember correctly, the window shield was from a Ford Stationwagon

12. glassguy

glassguy

any progress on this??? im chompin at the bit!

13. I'm still pounding away at it!!
    I've got the roof done and the headlight buckets are almost completed. As well, the front door is looking like it should and the grille is about half done. I'm working from the front to the back, as it's easier to keep my interest level up that way!
    Rik, I was unaware that Tony Nancy had involvement with the Deora. Especially since it was built in Detroit and Nancy was based out of California, right? From everything I've read, the interior was done by Imperial Customs. The paint was supposedly done by Butch Brinza.

14. Yes, that's the one. I've since moved.

15. weez

weez

Never saw that "Story of the Deora" Bradley art before, that's rad! Good luck with the build, sounds cool! Gonna be an engineering feat though, I would think, with the swivel front and the steering arrangement. (I think it's got a Toronado steering wheel btw)

16. You're absolutely correct! It does have a Toronado steering wheel, and not only do I have one, I've already had it customized in the proper manner by Doug Lepak - "The Steering Wheel Guy"!
    http://www.stwheelz.com/

Attached Files:

17. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

The world could definitely use another Deora... and doing the lime green version is a fantastic idea. Stoked for you, and this build!

18. scrubba

scrubba

Had A M T done this kit correctly back in 1967, model builders like me wouldn't have had to go scroungin for scrap pieces to correct the kit ! A M T further ruined this kit by deleteing the Toneau cover in later issues and trying to pass the truck as a Van , not ! Finially someone is taking this project on . Hopefully sir , you will do this treasure justice . scrubba

19. Although that seems like a good idea, I'm going to have to say that these wheels -
    http://www.akhwheels.com/pages/showWheel.php?pk=121

- hit the nail on the head as far as appearances go!
    Now to find an original set!! Impossible??

Attached Files:

20. Here's a bit of trivia...you might already know, but here it is anyway!
    The folks at AMT visited the Alexander Brothers to see and measure the Deora, well before it was finished. So, the truck they photographed and scaled for their model was 100% correct - as the Deora was at that moment. However, much to AMT's chagrin, the Deora was significantly changed AFTER they did their information gathering.
    Check out this picture...notice the front wheel openings aren't radiused as they were later on. As well, the front door is essentually a hatch, instead of pivoting in the center as it eventually ended up. Also - notice the four headlights, which are exactly as the model depicts.

Attached Files:

21. NateGreco

NateGreco

Man I love the Deora so much! Here's my chevy version ...El Deoro... I need to build this!
    [​IMG]

22. the color was called ANTIFREEZE.......

23. koolkemp

koolkemp

I just spent the last hour or so going through your build thread , I love it ! Please start posting your updates on this thread instead :D Awesome work do you have a goal for completion?

24. Some one was repopping these ( or similar) but I think they were for the air cooled Bug crowd. A buddy of mine has some. I'll ask if the company still does them. Here are his wheels to give you an idea what I mean.

Attached Files:

25. Carguy1965

Carguy1965
    from Illinois

Any updates on the Deora build?

26. Not much lately. I've got the roof on, the B pillars just about complete, and the lower grille fastened to the floor. I finally got the right power steering pump, and that was a huge hurdle.
    Because it's winter, and my garage is five hours away, I've been working on the little details, such as having the gauge panel machined from stainless steel and finding those darned Honda dream headlights!

Luckily, I have a friend that did me a big favor by getting the dimensions off of the original!

Winter is such a DRAG!!:mad:

Attached Files:

27. koolkemp

koolkemp

When will I get to see this thing in person at the Nats in Moncton :D...please ?