Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some progress on my 48

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MarkKoch, Apr 16, 2010.

1. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] When I got the car it had all the chrome primered grey.I painted the bumpers an almond color(guards have since been removed also) and grill to match the flat black.I have put on a split manifold and two steel packs -12 inch.will post some more pics of how I did the exhaust.Just figured out how to post some pics so I figured I would do a quick update.More to come

2. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

3. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

4. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

[​IMG] More pics of how I did the exhaust to come!

5. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

yes, yes and yes!! looks sharp! cant wait to see how you did that exhaust

6. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I like the new grille and bumper treatment much much better...Is that a 46 front end on your 48????

7. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

I thought about putting a 46 gille in my 48 but the idea of everyone saying hey nice 46 and it being a 48 would get pretty old lol.

Looks great that exaust is sweet!

8. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Yes I believe its a 46 grille,It had this grille on it when I got the car.Im still learning a lot about this car,the motor that was put in it ect.I will keep updating my progress and better picks of the full exhaust

9. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

i like it cool looking ride

10. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Wanted to update my pics of were I'm at with the car and list what Ive learned/accomplished from members/post here on the H.A.M.B-I learned how to rebuild the carb,adjust rockers,install/polarize voltage regulator,.Installed full exhaust,Chase faulty wiring and replaced what needed to be,install new ignition switch,New king pins,upper/lower pivot pins,setting caster/ camber,clutch adjustment,adjusting steering box,break work.I'm sure I left some things out-But the point is I wanted to say a big thanks to everyone that has helped me out-THANKS SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME GET MY CAR ON THE ROAD GUYS and thanks to my brother for directing me to the hamb.The car is "the black widow"-seems fitting since I got bit by one working on it-check out my other post for that story lol[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  11. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Looking good but two things really needs lowered and realllllllly needs a set of steel whhels painted red or ivory. keep up the good work and keep us posted with some pics.

12. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

Thanks man! Those are things that will be done in the future,I would like to run the stock wheels w/ center caps(there in bad shape and need some work,have two finished so far) and I have 3 inch lowering blocks for the rear-but what do I do to the front?Already cut one coil and removed the spacers

13. cut thye coils and put in lowering blocks-lose the wheels. nice car.

14. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

Im gonna cry! Thanks lil brother!