Register now to get rid of these ads!

Louisville NSRA 2010?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flipper, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Car count was up last year. Several people said they made it a point to be at "the last one".

I'm not amazed at the low number. There are a lot of people that are SERIOUSLY PISSED OFF about the year change.

In my opinion, it will just be a regional car show from here on out. It's not worth driving cross country to be part of an open car show.

Frog Follies will be my "Nationals".

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

or HAMB members could make the HAMB Drags, also in August, their "Nationals".

3. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

After the temps this weekend at Beech Bend, and August is normally worse, I'm not sure that I would go even if I were going....................:confused:

4. olddrags

olddrags
    from ky

I also heard the same thing over the past weekend! I also spoke with a member of the Evansville Iron Club and he said the members were, as he put it "a nervous wreck" because the club is afraid they may have too many pre 49 cars this year and no where to put them! Frog Follies and the Eville iron have the best show goin right now! (Just my opinion)

5. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Yes, I checked back and the number is #4883. Mailed out from NSRA on June 18. Believe it!!!! Yes they have always had between 10k and 13k at louisville.

6. Graystoke

Graystoke

The number in 2009 was just a tick over 11,000. Maybe this year they can call it the Street Rod Nationals Minus.:eek:

7. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

Might actually be able to check out all of the cars this year.

8. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

ohh man....this kills me

9. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

N not
    S street
    R rodding
    A anymore

10. skirtless33

skirtless33

Graystoke, thats good Street Rod Nationals Minus

11. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I bet you could sell a bunch of "Street Rod Nationals Minus" shirts.

12. Joe G

Joe G
    from Minnesota

Yup, I'm going. Mostly just to see the difference between last year and this year. Hopefully there will be less lawn chairs this year. even a Mustang is more interesting than a lawn chair.

13. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

It's all about what you go for. If you are going to make a statement or not so be it. I have made some good friends at the Nats in the past years and most of the folks I know will be there. If it gets crappy I'll just head back to the hotel and open my cooler for a bs session and a few brews.

14. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

You hit the nail on the head, Im going to visit with my in state & out of state friends I've made over the years, and yes Im pissed about all the changes NSRA made this year, but since it's damn near in my backyard Im going just to visit and see whats it's like. Maybe next year I'll have a different opinion.

15. Depends on the lawn chair.

16. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

So NSRA is playing catch up with GG's, WGAF.
    Support your local show's and screw the big show's.

Tim

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  17. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

im staying home first time in 15 years i will miss one. dam shame they could not come up with a decent cut off date. who and the hell would come up with 1980?

18. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

It has ALWAYS been a corporate entity with the primary mission of making money and sustaining itself. I never renewed my membership because I have no intention of participating with guys running 20's on cars and trucks that resemble cartoons! End of story.

19. Larry Pearsall

Larry Pearsall

As a protest to the new added years I took a 1980 Ford window van with green slime (mildew) growing over most of it to Nats East York Pa. With the added years they just topped 3400 cars, down from 5600 in its hayday, of weekend camping..just a few more than last years total...Going to Louisville to see the driven cars.

20. Well said, BUT the NSRA was always about pre 49 cars, plain and simple. To change that when they were still getting 10,000+ cars doesn't make sense to me. I'll be there as a vendor with open eyes but I don't really get the whole change. Just cuz some of the older dudes now want to drive some cushy later model car isn't a reason to change. It would be like signing up your kid for Little League and then saying, well we really want to to play football now so change to rules. No dumb ass, go take your kid to Pop Warner

Not a fair comparison when it is run by different organizations. Sorry

21. oldskooldooce

oldskooldooce
    from oh

Having worked w/both NSRA and Good Guys overseeing events and sponsorships at one of the Big 3, I can say from that perspective there is no comparing the two.

GG = Proactive, aggressive, responsive, customer-driven, easy to work with. (They're not perfect but they're trying)

NSRA = head-stuck-in-the-sand-old-school, regressive, uncooperative, passive, arrogant, etc. (They're not perfect either but they just don't care. Very inwardly focused organization)

22. bigblockrik

bigblockrik

I got my number back 6876.I Disagree with nsra new format but i am not giving up on my sport.It is still the nats to me with alot of good cars and great people to talk to.Alot of vendors to see and pick up goodies from.Hopefully the weather wont be too bad ?.Any way hope everybody has a safe trip to and from the show.

23. countspanko

countspanko

get off yo azz and be a srodder the only wine i like is a motor

24. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

I got this covered guys, I am fluent in Mr. Gasser speak...

Fifteen posts pushing shift knobs and then you post this?

Who is it directed at and what does it mean?

Wait, let me translate this for you so you can understand:

Whoz yo be die-ecting dis postz at yo?:confused:

Iz likey winey wine two, letz have a duble dose of Mad Dawg twenty20.

:D

25. the-rodster

the-rodster

For your first post....

YOU NAILED IT !

Rich

26. gatordave

gatordave

As the owner of a '56 Chevy I've aonly walked NSRA events. Joined one year to get the mag, then realized that I shouldn't join a group that takes my money, but won't let me bring my car to events.

One thing I learned though, was that they didn't always follow their own rules. Go to any NSRA event over the past few years and you would have seen many '49-'54 Chevy trucks, but the owners claim they are '48 models (wink) and NSRA let's them in.

I was a Goodguys Rodders Rep for many years and a few times I wore Rodders Rep shirts to NSRA events. Boy, the looks I got from NSRA staff people were scary.

27. Topper

Topper

My company was an inside vendor for many years. We paid our way and worked within their rules. We also showed at York and Knoxville. Three years ago a well known NSRA official read my wife the riot act for bringing me a ladder during the awards. The building was almost empty and I was not tearing down. Instead of going to jail for beating his ass I have voted with our money. We don't go or support.

28. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

29. Nineteen pages of mostly pissed off people because the National "Street Rod" Association is letting post 49 cars in. I don't get it, for a traditional board to be this upset. It's like street rod is a dirty word here and yet...... I don't know...I say get in your hot rods or street rods or whatever you want to call them and drive em. To much attention on terminology and not enough on having fun.

30. Joe G

Joe G
    from Minnesota

I bet the the ghetto cruisers aren't going to show up anyway....it costs money to get in.