Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do your local police bother you to no end?!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by autoworx1, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Firepig

Firepig

The only thing I figure by your statements is that you must be a cop who violates peoples' rights and think that a badge makes you better than others. I am a police officer and yes I have had my rights violated by a rogue officer who thought that he was jacking up joe citizen as usual, so I know it happens.

If you'd like to discuss this further, PM me and I we can further discuss it. If not, I'll consider the source and let it go. Just remember; a department will become as corrupt as it's community allows it to be.

2. Sounds like you are pissed off because flashing your badge to the cop didn't work?

3. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

As another guy said: "build a bridge and get over it!":cool:

4. Firepig

Firepig

Well, one thing I've learned from all thins; you can't argue with people who lack reading comprehension skills. Try to help out a guy whose being unduly hassled and this is all I get. I'm out.

5. tjackson

tjackson
    from Oregon

Funny how this thread turned into an NWA song!!!

My suggestion to everyone, and what happens in my neck of the woods, is if you do something in your ride that is going to possibly hurt someone than your getting a citation. Be safe and use common sense.

6. Zombie 51

Zombie 51
    from New York

I used to worry about getting pulled over in the model A. No hood, no fenders, open limefire headers....never once did I get hassled. I did get a few thumbs ups from passing patrol cars though. Then one night I was sitting in the car in front of the local Dunkin Donuts and I see a police car pull up next to me....and hits me with the spotlight. Uh ohhh, what did I do? Well it turns out a guy from my club is on the job. I got a laugh out of it

7. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

I will say I use to (and still do) worry about getting pulled over in my jeep. Its not street legal, has to much tire showing out the back and out the side. Ive been pulled over in it before, but those were my fault. Ive never been pulled over for the tire issue. I think, just like hot rods its because its old and cool. I still dont like driving down the freeway, I get way to nervous.

8. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Lived in the same town, minus 3 year, all my life and get along with the cops fine. Every new cop pulls me over in whatever I am driving for burned out lights and such. We have a horrible problem with meth trafficing in the area, and the use whatever excuse they can to pull someone they dont recognize over and check out what is going on.

The last time I was hassled by the cops was before I dragged a kid off his crotch rocket for smoking out the town square. He hit the pavement, his bike hit the truck in front of him, without driver. The kid wanted to press charges, but he was breaking the law and i was "performing a citizens arrest" as the report says. I was 17 at the time. After the group I ran with was gone on to better things, they shut down the square cause kids trashed the place, like broke out windows and shit in trash cans. It only takes one idiot. And if you are not doing anything illegal, let them pull you over. You build your car to get noticed.

9. Deuces

Deuces

Don't give them a excuse to pull you over!! Make sure all your lights are working......

10. chryco

chryco
    from Winnipeg

You think it might be the name on my car that does it ????
    LOL !!!

Attached Files:

11. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Suprisingly not at all, and my O/T '65 Chevelle is loud as hell.

12. phukinartie

phukinartie

And in your avitar you are doing what??? HEHEHEHE!

13. stuck

stuck
    from michigan

they use to sit at the church parking lot at the corner of my street and when my tires touched the street from the driveway as i went to work they would come flying out after me. gave me so many b.s tickets in 1 month i lost my license for 2 years. i know you might think i must have done something . it was in 87 i was 17 i had cut loose my fiends the last summer who were dopes. it was just me my car [66falcon 69 351-w disc brakes cold A/C i built from nothing and scraps]and my job. just a kid going to work 40 hrs . doing the right thing drove with respect.guess they thought instead of me working 40 hours at 17 i should sit in the house for the next 2 years unemployed. godamn the bad ones god bless the good ones. i feel sorry for the good cops that work with the bad ones.

14. PoPo

PoPo

I pulled into Burnnflamz drive way last summer and his wife got a blank stare and after I got out he said "hi" then she calmed down. I think she was wondering how much his bond was going to be lol....

Being a cop is just a job. We do ours, you do yours. Some people take it too far.

15. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

One time, when driving a black & white, I asked a young hot rodder why he called the red lights on top of the car "sex lights" His reply was "cuz when you turn them on, some body gets screwed":rolleyes:

16. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Back in the minitruck days, I got lots of tickets, even got out of an 80 in a 55 once. I got harrassed by Myrtle Beach cops....imagine that....and followed for being lost in an area with recent break ins. I was always cool when pulled, I used to work as a dispatcher in college. When I moved to Charlotte, I still had the mini. I got pulled a lot for a while, they saw I was cool, no more problems.

I have gotten away with so much more shit in the old truck, it is amazing. I got pulled by a Pineville cop(they are known for being assholes) at the mall for coming out of the parking lot a little hot. I said it got loose a little, he said " I know a burnout when I see one. Go into Charlotte to do that shit, not here." He then proceeded to check out my truck, and left.

I lit up the flamethrowers in Myrtle beach last year, a bike cop rode beside me and said "cool!"

Don't give them reason, you won't have a problem.

17. big creep

big creep

yep! but you will run into a real barney phife every now and then, but if you dont give them a rhyme or reason they will leave you alone. TO BE OLD AND WISE FIRST YOU MUST BE YOUNG AND STUPID! now that you are old, stop being a dick! this is not directed to you ol'chevy im just agreeing with you!

18. jerry sezar

jerry sezar

The local police around here are KOOL! Most of the time they just wave to me. A few years back I left a stopsign like at the drags, went a about a 1/4 mile wide open slowed a bit, turned left into the East Contra Costa Museum gravel road, hit the loud pedal, hung a right, hung a left and stopped behind a Museum display, climbed up and sat on my rollcage. There was a large crowd of people there, Mayor, County Supervisor, etc. I noticed the crowd wasn't looking at me directly......more behind me..... there sat a CHP car covered with rocks, dirt, and completely covered in dust! I had to endure a long ASS CHEWING. I obviously didn't see Kerry when I left the stopsign. When he got done discussing the ISSUE he told me to get my trailer and take it back to the shop after the event........very KOOL cop......kinda like my Mom, she was a cop in the '50's and '60's.

19. bellavita13

bellavita13

@RatMotor I like your "Sicilian" style... I try my best being extra sweet to the mechanics but some people including your peers can be jerky so that's when I grease the palms. Most street smart New York Italians tip before. If you mess with me and play me for stupid then I'll curse you until the end of time wishing you cough up my tip in blood and with interest! ;P

20. Zurekbrau

Zurekbrau

Just yesterday I was testing my new brakes. Went to a deserted road had my son watch to see what wheels locked up while braking hard. Skidded a few times but everything worked well. Then one of the local cops shows up. I had my son get back in the car and drove home. No hassles. If it was Frank he would have stopped me because he loves looking at my car. So so far they have been cool. Illinois has a front plate requirment but I have not been stopped yet for not having mine displayed. I might just be lucky.

Rich

21. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

Gee Sarge I didn't see any thing. I had my head down writing in the log.:rolleyes:

22. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

I had a Fresno PD give me a thumbs up while crusing in my T-Bucket. That was running open headers, a gear drive and a lopey cam.

On the way home from work Friday night (actually Saturday morning about 12:30) i'm sitting at a traffic light in my T-Bucket and i hear a "How are you doing tonight?" and look over to see a Fresno PD with a big smile on his face. "Man i love that thing". A little idle chit chat about the car, the light turned green and i cruised on home.

23. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Well I have been driving my 39 sedan every day now, it has no glass except for the front windshield, and is in patina, and i am running straight exhaust. They have pulled me over every two days now because I lost my rear plate coming back from vegas. So I do get the " is this thing even legal" from the young cops that just fell off their bicicles, so I have to tell them that seat belts did'nt come out till 64, turn signals in 56, and that you only have to have the front windshield, but most of them are really nice . I now have the money to get a dupicate plate , so why look for trouble.

24. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

i was wondering if you guys did or didnt.

25. couple of times in my 48 chevy fleetline cause the bumper was too close to the ground. its just a flick of a switch and its higher and that seemed to piss them off. been a while since

26. rixrex

rixrex

I live near Austin Texas, Hays/Travis county line..So far, and I'm knocking on wood here, hot rods, old cars and trucks in general, just get a wave and a smile from the cops..I mean don't get caught in mid burn-out or such monkey business and you're generally ignored...

27. CARLOS8A

CARLOS8A
    from waukegan

I came from the minitruck world air ride, loud exhaust, and loud music and boy let me tell you every chance the cops had they had me pulled over!! now I have my 1952 chevy and I have antique vehicle plates on it, meaning that technically Iam only suppose to drive to and from car shows and to get repair work done on the car. But I drive my car like its a daily driver and till this day all I get from the cops is a thumbs up!! Like it or not hot rods get the most respect!!

28. Chuck R

Chuck R

no issues so far.

29. hotrod13

hotrod13
    from Austin, TX

Austin has been great... but there still seems to be some confusion over Classic vs. Antique plates, inspection stickers, etc. At least 2 guys from our local cruise night have been pulled over and had to explain the rules/laws to the police. I get mine inspected w/ Classic plates to avoid the hassle.