Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cecil County Drag-O-Way Reunion....!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boss Hydro, Jan 14, 2010.

1. hotrodjohnny77

hotrodjohnny77

Yeah, really sucked for me. I work a mile from the strip and got to see everyone go by. Next year I will make sure I put in for the day off. Nice cars that I saw though.

2. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

I'd like to congratulate John Presley (the man that made it all happen) on a great show! This event is quickly becoming a "must attend" event for anyone in the tri-state area. The show car area was packed with a lot of beautiful hot rods. The exhibition cars did real well, with some AWB cars match racing along with a bunch of cool front engine dragsters. The "King of Kings, tribute to K.S. Pittman" match race went to Mike Hall driving the K.S. Pittman 33 Willys. Mike did a real nice job of driving the 33 to a 9.11 ET on a greasy track. We had the Boss Hydro making some test passes and were happy to get in a 9.10 pass. I'd like to thank all the HAMBERS who came over and said hi..! Look for this event to grow even bigger next year!

Rocky

3. ganga

ganga

It was great to talk with you and see the car run. The show was great and it will only grow in the future. I enjoyed the fact that I got three runs in only 30 minutes in the morning and my Model A ran a best of 7.102 in the eighth at 94 mph. Our club will be back next year.

4. It was great talking to you guys and a special thanks to all who came and raced. In todays economy it is an expensive ordeal to bring trucks,trailers,campers,race cars, food, and all other operating costs add up. Opportunity costs alone from work and home are sacrifices we make to attend shows and races. For me it was Cowtown, Maple Grove, Carlisle, The Herrs show, Thompson, Glen Burnie, and Cecil. It is time for some garage time on this 62 409 I have been promising myself to get out here this year. Thank God after all these years I still have the passion for this hobby. We can only hope our generation of enthusiasts holds on and passes it on to the younger ones. :):cool:.

5. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Here's some pics of the past weekend...This was the second in a series of events that we are doing in remembrance of K.S. Pittman. Fred Bear, a "TRUE" drag racing legend has taken delivery of the K.S. 33 Willys and will have her till the end of the race season. Fred is all ready down in Bowling Green Kentucky setting up camp for the next stop on the "tour".

[​IMG]

Fred and Mike after the burnouts....

[​IMG]

Fred and Mike Hall getting ready to do battle..! It was like 1967 all over again!

[​IMG]

Mike Hall doing a Dry Hop...preparing to make a blast!

[​IMG]

We had the Boss Hydro there as a back up car and for some testing. We "tuned" her to 9.10, which was just short of the 9.05 best of the original..!

6. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

A couple more shots....

[​IMG]

We had the Big Time Memories 41 Willys AA/GS there as well. We have run deep in the sevens with this car a few years ago. We had to re-do the chassis to keep the 7.50 NHRA chassis cert. Plans are to use this car as a in house license vehicle for some of my crew. We also plan on doing some "outlaw" match racing with her as well.

[​IMG]

What drag racing is all about..! The people! I'm blessed to have some great friends that make up a GREAT crew. From left to right....
    Ken Freight, Liz Louvas, Bill Ellershaw Jr. Mike Hall, his girlfriend Gale, me, Dan Ellershaw, Rick "Pappy" Stief and my best bud and partner in crime Bill Ellershaw Sr, (kneeling)

7. wally bell

wally bell
    from VA.

Great pictures Rocky.....

8. Rocky, every time I went by the trailer you were busy, thanks to you and the S & S bunch for a great show.