Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see some some Slick 60s F100s!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Gilbert66

Gilbert66

2. DD

DD
    from illinois

not trying to hijak post, but i was wondering if anyone has turned a longbed to shortbed? there is a nice longbed in town, and owner offered it to me at a great price. well i really like shortbeds. any help would be great.thanks

3. 1957Custom

1957Custom
    from Tulsa Ok

I turned a '65 long wide into a short wide. I cut 11" out of the frame ( shoulda cut 12") & re-drilled some bed mounting holes. All I used was a level surface & some 2" angle C-clamped to the frame & mig welded her up

4. DD

DD
    from illinois

so 12 inches is the differance between long and shortbed? do you have any pics? thanks

5. 65fordguy

65fordguy

glad to see this thread still alive! keep on posting!

6. hvw8

hvw8

hey guys, new to the board here.
    heres my dads ride built in the 70's
    [​IMG]

its rotting in his backyard. and needs new fenders.
    and he wont sell it to me. or fix it

SO.i found myself a cherry short custom cab fleetside. that i wanna swap for a stepside. its got a 302 and a c4. it already has indy slot mags. im gonna paint that bastard orange and drive past his house 8 times.

just gotta get rid of my 81 malibu first.:mad:
    not enough shop space.

7. 69supercj

69supercj

[​IMG]
    Here's my '66 that I just bought about 3 weeks ago. Wasn't in the market for one but found this one sitting for sale and for a good price considering what all has been done to it. And its gonna become a SWB in the future. Not sure about the 12 inches of frame removal mentioned in the previous post as I've been told by more then one person that there is 18 inches between the wheels and 6 inches behind the wheel.

8. My buddy, Tom's '60 F-100. Has a gibbon/cordoba clip with a 383 Mopar and push-button tranny. He has an upholstery shop so the interior is all leather and very nice...runs strong, rides nice, sounds great like all big block mopars sound. He's since painted it satin black with full moons..very nice

Attached Files:

9. Any recent pics? ^^ I'm interested in it...maybe because I'm putting a volare clip and plymouth 318 in mine..haha

10. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

My grandpa had a 62 F100 stepside. I loved that truck and I've recently decided that I will have one one day.

11. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I just picked up a real nice 64 Fleetside Short Box.. Motors is sound super solid, just needs some help in the trans department... Having a hell of a time going into 2nd, then gets stuck either in second or third.. I am gonna pull it in the morning is there anything obvious I should look for before I try to find a good trans man to rebuild her lock stock and barrel? I will post pics in the morn, been working bugs out of her all day.. She has been restored but who ever did it never put her thru her passes, I think it was a body mad restoration.... Because she is rock solid, never a patch panel, straight, but needs a little fine tunning... Any help would be great.. Please pm with input of possible.... Thanks in advance Ryan

12. hvw8

hvw8

so heres my dads rot box as it sits and has been sitting for atleast 10 years.

[​IMG]

crushed velvet headliner (looks orange in person)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and heres the one i plan on picking up this week or next.

[​IMG]

13. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

OK OK before I catch SHIT on the wheels, they where on it when I go it....lol I need a set of steelies with the quickness... Maybe some Chrome..reverse with bullet caps and lugs like on my old 54, thats what I am thinking..

14. chuckbob

chuckbob

This one belongs to a friend of mine Alex who is in his early 20's. It is tubbed, bagged all the way around, sub-frame up front, nice cammed up 351 cleveland, etc. He is doing a real good job on it. :D

Attached Files:

15. slammed64effe

slammed64effe
    from Maryland

Thanks for the publicity Mr. Chuck, decided to make a login and post more pics of my beloved Jezzabel. So here is the windsor and the stance of the truck when its slammed *note* that is a 12in wide 24in tall tire under the bed

Attached Files:

16. A Rodder

A Rodder

I love these trucks, I just traded into this 64. It is the third 61 to 66 I have owned. Joes Truck and Trailer Supply just got a new shop truck. Still has the stock running gear as well. Joe

Attached Files:

17. Scintilla

Scintilla

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  18. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

what is the widest rear tire that can be ran on a 64 shortbox? and with what rim backspacing.. Thanks guys hope you can help me out.. Ryan

19. Did ya trade that 1957 Ford for this? It's a awesome truck

20. A Rodder

A Rodder

Yeah, hauling bottles down to airgas in the trunk of the edsel is not too brilliant. The truck should do real good. Btw we finally landed a 56 belair 9 passenger. Things are falling into place great lately. Tomorrow we are meeting and leaving from the shop at 11 to head towards Jakes open house on hwy 99 then to dickie jo's for lunch, you guys are welcome to hang out, Joe 541-729-1141 (cell)

21. Wish I could, but I'm in Medford til sunday.

22. Just brought this home last week................not much but it will bump this post to the top..................
    [​IMG]

23. ruralrod

ruralrod

for sale!

Attached Files:

24. fasttimes

fasttimes
    from NC

This 66 f100 was just given to me. I don't know if I am going to keep it yet. Not in bad shape, but no motor.

25. fasttimes

fasttimes
    from NC

OOOPS! Screwed up. here is the photo.

Attached Files:

26. 65fordguy

65fordguy

27. 65fordguy

65fordguy

28. Yikes!

Yikes!
    from Mid TN

It followed me home!

352, 3 on the tree, mostly original.
    I found a surprise when I got home and opened the glove box. The original window sticker, owners manual and owner warranty card. Not bad to be nearly as old as I am.

Attached Files:

29. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

My brother-in-law has your twin. His is a 352 4-speed.

Nice trucks for sure.

Good luck,
    Joe

Attached Files:

30. 65fordguy

65fordguy

Nice looking rides fellas