Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pate swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hellbird, Apr 19, 2010.

1. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

Wasn't looking but didn't notice any , Eric. Lots of flatties and a couple of 348/409/boat anchors all that caught my eye.

2. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

was that the one for 25.00??

3. 63dan63

63dan63

Got to the car corral about 7:30 this morning. (Bass passed us like a bat outa hell on HW114). I had a few tire kickers. Nothing serious. I have to work tomorrow. The sedan will be back out there on Saturday.

[​IMG]

4. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I saw a 354 hemi for 1200

5. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

Dan...Did not know your were selling your ride. Saw it out there and was shocked. Jay never mentioned it for sale. Looks great. Hope you get top dollar.

Whistle' man you were right on! Lots of high dollar low quality crap. Some good bargins if you just asked and treated the seller with some respect.

Man the wind was terrible as was the blowing sand. We got there at 7:3 and why they decided the grade the parking lot today with all the wind blowing was anyones guess. Alot of trim out for sale this year. If your looking for 61-69 Chevy stuff this was the place to be today. Some real odd birds out there. Did anyone check out the burgundy 61-63 Pontiac Bonneville for ....Gulp $59k!
    Old rusted out, found in a ditch bodies were every where and the prices are still way up there.
    Wore my new style recently aquired HAMB swag out today. Got stopped by a lot of fellow HAMB'rs wanting to say howdy. You know, we are a great bunch of guys!!!

6. whistlebritches

whistlebritches
    from texas

no...gave 5 hun for a heat/defrost/ac evaporator, a cool dryer, some fittings, and a hose kit

7. Lucky3

Lucky3

Was there today.

One word describes it...

BIG !

8. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Yeah, sorry about that! I got so excited to see someone else driving a hot rod that I forgot the left lane split off into 170.

9. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

i got lucky and scored a set of 35 plates, a set of gauges and a decent 35ford front fender for 40.00.. and yeah thursdays the day for me from now on. hopefully the weather will hold out so i can go back on saturday

10. chicken coupe cook

chicken coupe cook

11. jivin jer

jivin jer

HEY GUYS! LOOK FOR A FENTON 3 CARB FUEL BLOCK FOR ME (and Jr.).

12. jivin jer

jivin jer

CALL ME. 253 261 9864 -Jerry

13. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That skyhigh 30 Tudor would have a much better chance of selling if it was on a set of naked rims. It looks like it might be sitting on a 4WD Jeep chassis without fenders and with those low-mounted headlamps.
    Just a suggestion. You ain't gonna get 5 cents more with the wheels and tires there than without 'em.

14. Great swapmeet! Found lots of goodies.

15. don,
    great pics, thanks for posting. i would love to have that vicky.
    Al.

16. Tommy R

Tommy R

Was out there all day looking for an "A" body in one form or another. Unfortunately, the ones I looked at were a bit too far gone for my taste and the prices were a bit lofty so I passed. So the search continues.....

17. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

found a few things there...

[​IMG]

18. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Man I saw that crossram 6 duece set up sitting on a table. Wicked. \
    I scored a new windshield, nice sun visor, and stainles stone guards for the '50 sedan delivery, a set of NOS TRW 302 chevy pistons, SJ 327 block and BJ 327 crank.

19. turdytoo

turdytoo

Not to bad, I met 63dan63 and checked out his sedan. Found some tail lights for the 3w and a spare cover that will soon be 2 fenders. Wanted that duece Vicky but piggy bank couldn't cover it.

20. guy1unico

guy1unico

Cheetah
    When I was a kid my parents let me go nuts in an FAO Schwartz toy store in NYC. They actually had a slot car department in the late 60's and i bought a Cox Cheetah 1/24th scale slot car that day. Even though I had no track to race on I just played with the car and looked at it for days. My parents realized I'd stay occupied that way.
    Guy

21. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

One of the best buying swap meets I have been to in a while.

22. Anderson

Anderson

I bought a lot of goodies but also spent a lot of money....best Pate in a while.

23. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I'm thinking about running back out there this am to look for a bargain or two. After sitting at my spot for 4 days selling stuff I need to go lowball some folks and see now it feels from that side.;)

24. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

i'm gonna head back out just for a quick once over..

25. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

I got a pretty sweet deal on some square back drop spindles and 4" drop axle at Sid's booth. Thanks guys!
    I also got me a nice set of 40 ford headlight rings and center hood chrome

Was out there on starting early Friday till about 5...perfect weather all day

26. Crey

Crey
    from Tejas

My father in law and I went out there this morning.. place was a ghost town.
    I know people got jobs and all, but why advertise through Sunday if 75% of the people selling stuff leave Saturday night?
    I'm not bitching, just disappointed is all..

27. Anderson

Anderson

I don't know why you would expect anything to be at a swap meet on a Sunday. I have never been on a Sunday....usually Saturday is too late to get anything good. Just the way it works...

28. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I went back and scored a nice Caddy oil bath air cleaner with the bat wing t0p, two 283 forged cranks and a small journal 327 block that has been bored .030 but not honed.

29. as a vender - dropping off Tues(2009) and Wed (2010) and setting up the following day - you get a feel for the crowd - buyers buy - and beaters beat you every day...that's why Ebay has gotten so popular...did well - selling to old customers...no HAMBer's stepped up on that rust free floor and body 1947 Ford - that just need a fresh Chevy small block and brakes...kinda sad...look for it on Ebay - that's Pete's favorite place...

30. Slonaker

Slonaker

I didn't find anything I was looking for...

Slonaker