Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Paul Cepeda's 1959 Chevrolet El Camino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TheFrenZ, Apr 29, 2010.

1. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Paul Cepeda from Nipomo,CA already has built several standout Customs and Hot Rods.All of them are killer cars.His latest creation is no different.Here are a couple pics of his nicely chopped 1959 Chevrolet El Camino.The grille design has changed since these pics were taken.The cool thing about this car is its factory looking appearance.More Customs should be build like this.Too many people go way too wild.This gorgeous car is the epitome of less is more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

This thing is dead on. Looks like it could have rolled off the assembly line that way. So mild

3. Moondog13

Moondog13

4. It has 53 Chevy grill teeth now...
    [​IMG]

And nobody else mentioned it,but it also has one-piece Imapla taillights now! So the tailgate doesn't open...
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. chopz56

chopz56

59 ElCamino's are one of my favorite cars of all time...........this car just kicked me right in the balls it's so badass!I thought i was cool driving my 66 ElCamino for 5 years,man I aint shit!If i was driving this one now that is a different story!

6. JJK

JJK

I kinda like the first grill better, just my two cents

7. very nice.
    Al.

8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I like the factory grill better also. It had more of a concept car look, more jet like..

9. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

just beautiful.
    another vote for the stock grille. Man, what a car. great job.

10. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

Awesome car! nicely done. only few little things i would change like put later year hubcaps on it and maybe instead of the heavy 53 chevy grill teath use 54 chev teeth or corvette grill or a 59 imperial grill with the headlights. But beautiful car none the less

11. I hate this thread! Makes me want one even more. Anyone wanna trade a driver 54 Chevy 210 2dr for one in ANY condition!?

12. slammed

slammed

Look's waayyy longer with the lid dropped. Yep, this guy is really talented. Wanna bet 3, mabe 4 will get the same treatment this summer? Nadmaster is one.

13. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

El Ca-bone on That thing could give a blindman a hard on. Nice!!!

14. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Damn, that is one beautiful El Camino!

15. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

That thing is awesome.the 53 chevy grill teeth look great and the stance is perfect.Nicely executed.

16. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Paul has great taste and it always shows in his rides.

17. NOLUCK13

NOLUCK13

One of my favorite cars...I like the 53 teeth, but think a corvette grille would look better.

18. That is a beautiful El Camino suttle mods that make one appreciatte the amount of work that went into it . A very classy job with clasic lines . Rob

19. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Wow--amazing truck! I think I would have left the grill stock--but on the other hand, I wouldn't change a thing on this one if I had it. Sombreros are early, but here again, they look super bitchen and just accentuate the lines.

Great El Camino!

20. hemifarris

hemifarris

'59 El Camino's have always been one of my favorites. I'm trying to buy one right now.I'll pay top dollar for a set of 4 dog dish hubcaps for it................Mike

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  21. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

Holy Hell, I don't even want to think about how much work it was to chop that roof especially with the curved A-pillars and front glass. That truck looks bitchin'

22. Weasel

Weasel

Kinda makes me wish I hadn't sold mine. '60 Merc grille is a shoe in - minor trimming only needed to make it fit. Buddy of mine has one on his '59 wagon.

[​IMG]

23. Weasel

Weasel

24. weez

weez

Saw that at the Beatnik Blowout, I kept bringing people over to see it. It was my favorite of the day for sure- nice job!

25. Jarzenhotrods

Jarzenhotrods
    from .......

That is suoer nice and very subtle. I love it! I wonder how much was taken out of the top.

26. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

Beautiful! I think he should have left the grille stock as well, although I like 53 Chevy teeth, just not on this particular application.. Ive seen another '59 El Cam. chopped using Impala glass...

27. Rikster

Rikster

Paul did an excellent job on recreating the designers initial ideas.
    This is how these cars where drawn back then. low on the ground, lower top, but with all of the brightwork. This is how the cars where presented to the the suits at GM... then they had another team draw production drawings and the top went up, and so was the ground clearance.
    But this car shows how they where supposed to be... if the designers would have been in charge.

EXCELLENT.

I think the tailgate will still work, but the taillights will come with them, perhaps not super practical, but it sure look a lot better.

And the Cadillac Sombrero hubcaps.... who would have thought those hubcaps would look so good on a car that is 11 years newer than the hubcap itself.
    Did Paul use a Convertible windshield on this one, or is it a cut El Camino windshield.

Two more photos that Bad Bob took.... It amazed me that there where not to many other people that showed photos of this car from the Beatnik Blow Out show... This car is just fantastic.. and I agree with TheFrenZ, we do need to see more done in similar treatments. Less is More!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Janne

Janne

29. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

i like the custom grill, first time i have seen that on a 59, the 60 Merc seem to be the classic custom.
    Any chance of getting a few tips on how it was made. I like the stock grill to but may start looking for teeth just in case i later decide to make one? 15 of them any take a while to find.

30. elricho

elricho