Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pate swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hellbird, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

Better bring your tarps fellas, I've been checking the forecast the last few days and Friday keeps looking a bit worse.

2. Slonaker

Slonaker

I sent you a PM with a list...

Slonaker

3. Frank

Frank

Sounds like typical Pate weather to me

4. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

40% friday and 40% sat. Thats 60% not to rain. Keeps the tire kicker and corn dog suckers away.

5. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

Just down the road from my crib in Keller. I have not missed one since '79. I'll be out there Thursday-Sunday. Oh course wearing my newly aquired HAMB swag!

6. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

Hopefully no one is sleeping in a car trailer this time!
    I had no trouble getting a room in Denton.
    Motel 6 # 97 has rooms.

7. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

On the weather. Any dew is okay by me at TMS. Beats the days of trudging through the mud at the old spot down in Cresson!

8. Tommy R

Tommy R

I'll be out there all day on Friday looking for a Model A in one form or another: body alone, project, entire car, runner, etc...

Tommy

9. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

Anybody know if Thursday is any good out there. I've never been on Thursday. I was going Friday but 60% chance of rain is making me think Thursday with no rain would be better. My brother is betting me nobody would be there. Help me out please.......

10. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Got the wagon all loaded up and ready to go...

[​IMG]

11. Andy

Andy

I think Thurs is the best day. The crop is fresh and the buyers will buy. Later in the week, what is left is assumed to be overpriced. The best deals are early. I often go home mid day Friday

12. James Curl

James Curl

This will be my first time to miss Pate since 1985, we always go up on Thursday, get there just after eight and move in,set up and start walking for the rest of the weekend. Don't sell a lot but we buy a lot and store it in the back of our spaces. We always have someone wanting to buy one of our finds, but no sale. I am scheduled to have two vertebra fused the Thursday after Pate. Can't do the walking or standing this year so am staying home. Some of my best finds have been on Thursday before the crowds on Friday and Saturday. For me Thrusday has always been the best day. If you go all week you will see the same item move from one vendor to another vendor, sometimes as many times as five before the week end is over. Project cars and model A cowls, parts of old roadster bodies, some times whole bodies move from space to space and the price is higher each time. Our club drives the parts hauler carts and trailers and I have worked on Wednesday and hauled parts all day inside of the swap meet area from one space to another, the vendors buy from each other to resell. I had a man and his college age son come in one of the bus size motor homes with only tables, by the end of Wednesday they had several tables of parts to sell.

13. Anderson

Anderson

You have anything good inside that wagon youse gettin rid of?

14. cracker head

cracker head

Yea, my stuff!! Ha Ha Ha

15. Krash Vegas

Krash Vegas

Who is bringing a cool 55 chevy post for sale? I got $$$ burning a hole in my pocket!

16. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

I will be there with stuff to sell Friday Saterday. I need a set of white walls 16's 750's and 500-550's tall and short. Does Coker come out there? My stuff BBC Crossram, 36 Ford grill (2) , Artillery wheels, Cal custom scoops, 348 Tri Power factory intake, Hemi shorti Headers 331 and some other stuff. All my over priced stuff!as usual! All Negotiable!

I will be at Row #9 Space 631 Fri- Sat

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  17. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

No Coker but Wallace Wades tent will be there as always.

18. looking for 29-31 Cabriolet parts...and better - 39 Ford rear fenders...droping off tommorow - come by for a look - setting up Thursday...

19. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

'39 car or PU fenders?

20. Dirty30Dodge - what spaces?

21. bblue34

bblue34

TP plow disc meals are famous all the way to georgia wish i could be there:D

22. Elrusto

Elrusto

Loadin' up.....
    [​IMG]

23. Frank

Frank

The way I always heard it, a lot of guys are already loading up and heading out on Saturday. I usually go on a Thursday or Friday myself. Thursday is quite full. Heck I hear Wednesday isn't too bad even.

24. good day dropping off day...sold my quick change rear end to an old customer...he spied little red coming in...looking for 39 car fenders and 40-41 truck hood/front fenders...

25. Tommy R

Tommy R

Getting my shopping list finalized and heading out from Austin at 5:30 or so tomorrow morning. It's about damn time I made it to Pate!

26. 51fordshoebox

51fordshoebox

i think i'm gonna go ahead and head out there now. see whats cookin.

27. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

Just spent four hours trudging around out there. Lots of fun! If you ask me, Thursday is THE day to go. Good luck to everyone searching....Loads of koool stuff!

28. whistlebritches

whistlebritches
    from texas

just got back....windy as hell....dusty too....buncha rusty parts and crusty farts....BUT NOT what i went for....did pick up a Vintage Air heat/ac evap tho

29. Anderson

Anderson

Hope the wind dies down tomorrow.

I've got a new project now so now I'm just part hunting.

Looking for an engine/trans. You guys that went today see anything good at a fair price? Cadillacs, Nailheads...whatever?