Register now to get rid of these ads!

How much is a 4 door 53-54 chevy worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldcarfan, Apr 26, 2010.

1. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

i know what is it worth threads are the worst, but .....

how much is a nicely done painted 53-54 chevy 4 door worth. i know there is some really badass ones chopped and dropped with a bunch of cool ass custom stuff. but im talking a mostly stock rust free repainted car. all the trim and everything. not restored but well maintained and probably repainted 10 years ago but still nice. ive looked everywhere ( ebay, craigslist, the classifieds here, auto trader ect. ect.) and really cant get an average.
    i got a guy that has one and might want to sell to me ( im going the custom route if i get it) and we are both just trying to find prices. i relize what ever its worth ill offer less, i mean i am a cheapass.( HAHA) but i just wondered what they averaged. thanks alot.

not trying to start a drama 4 doors suck thread either just asking prices. thanks again.

2. shainerman

shainerman

not much
    its in the eye of the beholder. I got a NICE, repeat NICE 52 trade for a motorcycle that wasnt worth much. The guy was trying to sell it for 3500, but we agreed on 1800 or my bike. The bike it was. You can check the car out in my profile if you want

3. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

damn one post i guess the whats it worth threads are hated even more than i thought. lol

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I typically see four-doors advertised in that condition for $3500 to $7000. I can’t say necessarily what they actually sell for.

-Dave

5. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

IF its real clean and runs well, probably 2,500 to 3,500. Of course take in consideration the codition of the interior, drivetrain, tires and especially chrome. That stuff adds up quick, Dont let the shiny paint get you excited and overlook all that little stuff . I picked up mine (52 2dr sedan) for less than 5k in good shape with the exception of some of the outside chrome peeling. Hope that helps

6. atomickustom

atomickustom

In Texas I'm guessing a lot of cars are pretty rust-free, so it's all about the condition of the interior (nice vs. "okay" vs. shot) and the chrome (nice vs. decent vs. pitted, dull, and/or peeling).

IF the chrome is really good the prices these guys are saying sound reasonable. If it's pitted and/or worn dull then I'd drop it down to less than $3K, maybe $2,500.

If you want to go the kustom route, you do not want to pay for a nice paint job. Buy a really cheap car in primer or one that needs paint. Same with the interior and chrome: don't pay for nice or even decent for anything you'll redo or throw away. '53-54 Chevies are pretty common, especially in a 4-door.

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I missed that part. Forget everything I said.

-Dave

8. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

thanks guys. 3000 or so was what i was guessing.