Register now to get rid of these ads!

Daily Driver

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chalupa55, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Chalupa55

Chalupa55
    from So-Cal

Hey all,

I wanted to see how many of you guys & gals use your cars as a daily driver. I mean literally everyday. I remember when my 55' Ford wagon was my daily driver, I had the most fun in that car burned 1 qt. of oil every 100 miles, but was still reliable as hell never left me stranded. My dad used to say I went to the gas station to check the gas and fill the oil. I'm planning on getting my Ranchero finished in the next couple months and it will be my driver. Hoping to have as much fun in it as I remember having in my other old cars.

2. daddylama

daddylama

ahhhh.... back when my reliable car was a '55 plymouth with a 383. every day was an adventure. 33 mile each way commute in LA traffic.

my current "new" car / daily driver is 41 years old and obscure enough that parts arent easy to find... pile the miles on it.

ive had modern cars, but they never feel "right."

3. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

I have driven my 53 f100 since march of last year daily. Yeah I use my motorcycle when weather is nicer but thats it. All original flathead and all. Runs great and has only had 2 minor issues since owning it.

4. Big Nick

Big Nick

Driving my 52 Chevy AD everyday, I think I will need to figure out how to make it float soon is this rain keeps up here. I'm putting 50 miles a day on it.

5. I have too many to use just one as a daily, but I do drive all my old cars regularly and I make my old F-100 work for a living!

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

7. JAWS

JAWS

Up til I chopped it this late Jan, I put over 120k on the coupe in almost 5 years.......does that count?

I would be if I finished the body work and it had glass.

8. My current daily driver is a 70 C-10 (a bit too new), but I do get an odd look when I pull into the garage and park next to the "suits" in their imports.

My goal is that before summers over I'll be pissing them off in a tattered 46 Ford 1/2 ton

9. hellbilly1932

hellbilly1932
    from San Diego

my 59 f-100 is my daily driver, hell its my only driver except for my motorcycles which are both of 70's vintage.

10. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I've been driving this EVERYDAY.....rain or shine.....even HAIL yesterday...

[​IMG]

11. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

>>>>>,This has been my daily driver for the last 5 years,,rain/shine/hot or cold ,,has a great heater in it ,,'bout 40K miles ,,,since i live in a old '78 GMC R V full time ,,the "T" is my only means of transportation ,,,,,that's my son "Neon Charly" on the left ,,and old me on the right ,,at 67 years old ,,i;m re-living my youth ,,well,,tryin' too anyway ,,lol,

[​IMG]

12. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

every day no matter how bad my day was i enjoy my drive home

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

[​IMG]

yep, though some days I do drive my truck when I need to haul something... and getting ready to drive it to Austin for the Roundup...

14. LAROKE

LAROKE

I drive the '37 everyday. People come up to me all the time to tell me that, in a sea of Mercedes, BMWs, Ferraris and Bentleys, the old, faded, red truck is the ride that they notice.

15. Gator

Gator

Mine, I've almost always had an old car as a daily.

[​IMG]

16. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Currently using my '41 pickup as a daily. Hopefully, I will figure out what is causing the vibration in my coupe, so it can jump into the rotation more regularly. I have used my roadster when the two others were being stubborn, or sometimes just for grins. Keys for the late model are in the hands of my favorite wife.

17. Labold

Labold

Been driving this one daily now for a few months and have really been enjoying it.
    Installed seat belts over the wknd so my kids can pile in too. I bought the parts to lower it and already have everything painted and ready to install but hate to take it apart and have it off the road if even for a few days. Spring is here and I wanna drive! :D

Attached Files:

18. belair

belair

55 Buick 2dht, 3-on-the-tree/264. A whopping 15 mpg, but lots more smiles/miles. Every single day. But I'm going to steal zman's car first chance I get.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  19. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith

In 2007 I had to make a choice buy a new pickup or build a daily driver.It would have cost 25000 for the new truck so for 15000 and labor I got my panel which is so much more fun to drive.

20. As soon as I get back form the Mid East I will be riving something pre '55 every single day!

21. BEAR

BEAR

this is my everyday driver for about 2 two weeks now and will it will keep being my everyday car till i sell it

[​IMG]

22. Chalupa55

Chalupa55
    from So-Cal

It's cool to see so many using the cars for what they are intended. Other than my Ranchero I plan on making my 55' wagon a daily driver. It will take a few years, but I've had to much fun in this car.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  23. dsr_54

dsr_54

Zman Love the car. Not the colors I would have picked but they look good on your car.

24. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

LOL, with the amount of pearl in the paint it looks different in different light. And is really hard to get a good pic of. But it's actually the original colors for that car, kinda of how I ended up doing it that way...

25. Blam

Blam

All day everyday, just drove it to North Carolina and back. Leaks just about everything, but it runs great!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

SuperKONR likes this.
  26. srdart67

srdart67
    from Sharon, Wi

heres mine put 80 miles a day on it new cars all day long:mad: until 430:Dbout 120 a week in gas but damn i love it. guys at work think its a p.o.s. but they show up in neon hondas with 3 fin spoilers:eek:

[​IMG]

27. cjmac

cjmac

good post idea Chalupa !!! CJ I need to get something running again to make it a weekly driver. Very close.

28. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

You guys are just too cool driving your hot rods everyday. I rely on my Jetta TDI...It does get 40 mpg at 80 MPH tho!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  29. '59 Edsel everyday.

30. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

nice to tell us, but no one wants to see it :eek: :D