Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Latest Koolie Kar Klone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steel rebel, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Krap! He kouldn't kome up with the korrect headlight stands. Now go klean your garage!

2. ratster

ratster

why build a clone, shits been done already

3. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Okay I get it. In other words GET A LIFE! Thanks I needed that.

4. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

He also forgot the guy leaning down wrenching on it....Man, when you really look there are many differences. whatever.........

5. Von Franco

Von Franco

OK it's just another fucking clone, just like my fucking clone. They are all clones until
    the real car shows up, the guys at Reno Rods did a great job, Like my self I can find tones of thing wrong with there car as well as my old car or any clone car for that matter. So admire what they have accomplished and stop with this fucking nit picking every car now a days...................ENDSVILLE FRANCO..............

6. I'm with Von Franco...but the car might have eaten his brain!:D

7. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

I agree with Von.To look at the clone,looks like the original,which is good enough for me.I'm not gonna stand there and go over every square inch of the car.

8. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

A clone is a clone ,Where is the original .

9. See post #16 above. That's how it is now.

10. J-lopy Kid

J-lopy Kid

Clone or not; I like them all... Now, if someone would just put all of the 77 Sunset Strip's on DVD..

11. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

This guy should be shot with shit!

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't care if it has the wrong stands, it looks pretty damned good to my old eyes. The original is probably what got a lot of us boomers into hot rods in the first place as we watched the little screen every week for a peek or two of it on 77 Sunset strip.

I don't get the clone thing either but some guys seem to think that is the way to their fifteen minutes of fame and limelight.

13. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I thought this thread was long gone but someone brought it back.
    The only reason I started this is I have watched the build and the guy bragged about this being the clone to end all clones while putting down on all the other clones. Everything was going to be perfect. He was so adamant about getting it so right then he blows it on something so visual. I can only think by getting in a hurry and bringing it out before he found a set of Tornado's.
    Sorry if I heart anybody's feelings.

14. What does that even mean?:confused:

15. roddinron

roddinron

Someone once said "repetition is the death of art",- maybe the builder realized that at the last moment.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  16. koolkat

koolkat
    from Merced CA

Right you are!

17. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Okay lets let this thread die. I confronted Kregoski with the difference in his headlight stands and the original only because in everything he writes he says his car is perfect right on and I thought he would like to know it isn't. He said he didn't see it and that Grabowski confirmed that the ones he has on the car are the same ones that were on the original. If he can't see his are curved and Norms are strait he must be blind. Maybe he doesn't care or doesn't want to admit to the mistake. I don't know. I don't care anymore.
    LET IT DIE LET IT DIE.

18. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Franco's clone of both cars will always be the best....fuck the rest.

19. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I couldn't agree with you more. His has character! Both of them. He drove the shit out of them just as Norm did.

20. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Franco gave me a ride around Riverside in the "Lightnin' Bug" and I will never forget it.

21. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

He gave me a ride in the kookie kar at Merced in about '90. I told him "now I can die in peace"

22. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Skip, You have hit the "proverbial" nail on the head. A clone and I mean a heart felt detailed to match the original is a very high comment on what the builder thought of the original. Besides who could afford the original these days ?

23. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I get alot of cool stories from my neighbor about the Kookie Kar clone...Dan Sigl he built it with Franco. If you ever need questions answered I will relay.

24. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

As you can see mine isn't a Klone. I like to say I copied as Ivo did. I love your roadster too. You "captured the look." We should get together over a couple of beers and trade stories. Are you going to Billetproof in Antiock? If I can get my roadster running good again I might drive it.

Attached Files:

25. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

What don't sound like any Koolie kar klone i ever herd of!
    [​IMG]