Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Latest Koolie Kar Klone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steel rebel, Mar 19, 2010.

1. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

First let me say I love the latest Klone. I love them all. When I saw Franko's at Oakland I didn't look at another car all evening, and if I hadn't studied the original in magazines for so long I wouldn't have noticed this. And why it doesn't bug the owner, builder to death is beyond me. Otherwise it is tits on.
    Who else can see the wrong part or parts? A part isn't that hard to come by on ebay. If nobody comes up with it I'll post it soon. In fact you can see it in my avatar.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Avatars are too small to see details, please post a full size photo.:)

3. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

4. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I wouldn't have mentioned this if the builder of the Kookie Kar Klone on the cover of this months Street Rodder hadn't bragged so much about how he was right on with everything.

5. I was wondering what the hell the "Koolie Kar" was. :confused:

6. Although I can't see it in your avatar, do you mean how the radiator outlet crossover pipe isn't chromed on the clone?

Original:
    [​IMG]

Clone:
    [​IMG]

This yours (before or after SBF)?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
  7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

A scan or pic of the clone in question would do wonders for this thread. Otherwise...:confused:

8. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Is there a prize for the correct answer?

9. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

You win a magnifying glass.

10. slider's house of kustoms

slider's house of kustoms
    from idaho

"koolie kar" Chinese low life knock off of the Kookie car!:) OH boy.... hate to say it but this one really made me laugh.... all i could think of is a modle t painted white to looke like a chinese togo box! and chopsticks for exhaust!!!! LOL!!! sorry my fellow asians.

11. Deuces

Deuces

The pic in his avatar looks more like the "BIG T"..... Anyone have pics of that???

12. I don't think the clone looks that bad. It's not perfect,but looks closer to the original than other clones of famous cars i've seen.
    "Clone" should be an exact copy. "Tribute" car should be as close as you can afford to make it,meaning,built in the same style but maybe different color.

13. Yikes!
    [​IMG]

14. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Wow I missed that but that's not what I'm talking about. But it is plainly visible in the pictures. God I need to clean my garage.

15. belair

belair

Looks likes it's missing the givadam to me.

16. NOOOOOOOOO!!! (huddled in the corner...crying.....asking, "Why did it have to come to that?")

17. When I read the article on the clone in this months Street Rodder, It said the car change almost daily, Norm was always messing with it. So building an exact clone is hard. Pick a day and build it. I like the clone, and I don't care if it's not 100%. I'd say it's 99.9%.

18. Right you are. If you look closely at the '57 Car Craft cover it doesn't appear that the radiator crossover pipe is chromed as it was later.
    [​IMG]

19. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Wrong headlight stands.

20. showrod

showrod

yep I second that needs tornado or tornado style stands.

21. metal man

metal man

I see minor differences . Water neck , pinstriping ,hose clamps. Looks pretty damn close to me .

22. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

You got it. Why I let shit like that bother me I don't know. The guy got the car dead nuts right on. Why he couldn't find a set of Tornado headlight brackets I don't know.

23. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

It's for sale. You could buy it and fix it.

Doc.

24. The body windscreen brackets..............

25. 63Compact

63Compact

The hose clamps dont line up. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

26. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

The chrome bases of the windshield posts are larger on the clone. Also, the pinstriping under the windshield post on the clone isnt symmetrical to the other side, and neither side extends as far as the original. Oh, and the uppermost flame lick doesnt extend as far as the original.

Still, its damn close. I wouldnt complain.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  27. slider's house of kustoms

slider's house of kustoms
    from idaho

HAAAAA!!!! GOOBER! you found the Koolie Car!!!! I see that it's the rare combo #5 with frames.....errrr flames! :)

28. There is clearly no baby in the front seat of the clone. Can't believe the guy left that detail out...

29. silent rick

silent rick

norm was the first to use the crying baby doll as a display

30. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

FUCKER!!!! You made me spit a lil coffee up! That was some funny shit right there.