Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stance...get you some. Mine and Yours 50's Car Rake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stutz, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Yep, originally it was a right hand drive 4 door custom royal lancer. Been over here all its life , was once an embassy car in London.
    It had fallen on pretty hard times when I got it, had been through several previous owners who had all done a bit to it but never got it quite right (I'm still working on it , slowly) , its has a 57 Plymouth roof and a 5" chop, it also now has the plymouth dash as well as its now a lhd.
    The doors look way better now as I moved the B pillar back 9"and lengthened the doors to suit. I also had to hand fabricate all the door tops as they were long gone and were replaced by 1"x1" angle with perspex screwed in for windows (as can be seen in the previous pic).

2. Well there is no doubt that a rake isnt like a unspoken nono as far as tradition goes... but I do think she would be sweet dropped. Like kripfink said earlier... it looks tough.

3. Its gunna be bad ass when you get it going. I'll be waiting patiently for pics!

4. Looks good Scotty. I was a little scared when you said it sat like a dragster, but it looks great the way it is, like a street brawler. Good job man.

5. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

When it doubt, do it both ways............
    His and hers 1955 Oldsmobiles.............
    Guess who's is who's.......................

Attached Files:

6. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

In Miami Fla. in the late 50's,[rake]tail up was the white guys,tail down was the blacks and down all around was the mex,high up was the framers.
    Mostly how it was,but there were a few customs were def from day to day. Cars looked cool with stuff done,no matter what there stance.
    No bags and nothing lower then 3in.=undrivible on our roads at the time.

7. Jeffsled, I absolutely love your Mercury!! My vote goes to the tail dragger!!

8. Thanks Burns. You still thinking about a trip, I was trying to get my fucking bro to come over and play car guy for a while. I need to go hunt the river banks for drivlines... and you need spotter for thats so a person doesnt die. kinda like hunting jaguars in the jungle. with a shovel.

Sir Woosh, that grey car is sweet. Same stance exactly. Dont happen to have any spare drivelines for those do ya? ;)

9. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

well, its 9 years off, but close enough right?

Attached Files:

10. thats awesome!... it looks like a frog getting ready to leap.

11. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks Stutz. Same exact roofline on the 55 Olds as your Buick. Stock rear and springs. No mods at all. Front end dropped just right when I put the Tran-Am sub frame under it.

I bought the one 55 Olds from a new Hamber who goes by
    Rocked Girl 88. Between us, we have 3 spare 324's ( 1 brand new ) and a spare dual range hydro.

The gray 55 sedan has a later Olds smallblock and turbo trans.

Main thing for the Buick would be to drive and enjoy it the way you like it best..............................

12. I totally agree!!!, my brother wannts a 55 or 56 olds. Pm me if you got any leads.

13. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

Attached Files:

• 533.jpg
      533.jpg
      File size:
      138.4 KB
      Views:
  14. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sir Woosh...Jerry. Boy...two cars, each done in a different style. Now you're just showin' off! LOL! :)

15. If only all of use had two of each car to do different things with. A man can dream.

16. Tiki Wagon

Tiki Wagon

Lowered front and back... a little bit more at the front....

[​IMG]

17. tikiwagon that thing is tight!!!

18. [​IMG][/QUOTE]

That stance looks about perfect in proportions to me. Was that a car that has been in Germany its whole life?

19. Didn't he already have one?

20. yeah he had that 4door one. He sold it a while back and was wanting to make up for it by getting another and because I think he can actually afford one now. I think he wants a 2dr this time though.

21. Heres a couple photos of the springs and 56 olds rear being put in just in case any buick guys want to see for their our rearend swaps

Attached Files:

• 131.jpg
      131.jpg
      File size:
      442.9 KB
      Views:
    • 155.jpg
      155.jpg
      File size:
      340.8 KB
      Views:
    • 162.jpg
      162.jpg
      File size:
      372.5 KB
      Views:
  22. Plate Peddler

Plate Peddler

You did a good job!! I am pround of you.. You must have learned from your brother.. ME

23. I learned how to do things on my own. and what constructive critisizm is. haha

24. Erwin

Erwin

The rake is good. I'd keep it, but would brop the back some. She's a little high in these pics.

25. I am thinkin two and two. Front down two and back down two.

26. Tiki Wagon

Tiki Wagon

Thanx! I like it too. I think its better then these antz killers!!!
    No, one of the pre owners got it from the USA (original and pink)... Why do you ask?

27. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

My 51 Champion 4 door sedan .....

[​IMG]

that rides like this all the time. No bags or hydraulics to raise it up.

28. Man that is great looking... what kind of wheels are those?

29. ponchopowerd

ponchopowerd

gone through enough front tires yet marty?