Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Yeah. He's got a nice light touch with the pinstriping. Did you notice that he 'flaked the roof too, but he didn't mention it? Like we wouldn't notice? :eek: Plus he's got that Buffing Pad tool!

Personally...I don't trust the guy. :D

2. You´re entirely right not to.;):D

3. ssincity

ssincity

Cool! and thanks! so what do ya think? I have air ride being shipped this week for it so that is pretty much the look it will have, just cant decide on wheels and tires WWW or pinners. I have always been a fan of the www even if not period correct for this ride.

4. If you like them more, then go for it.

5. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

Please. please. Please. Someone try a gasser photoshop on this catalina? I really want to see what one would look like. Mark L
    [​IMG]

6. pro1street

pro1street

Here you go,I took off the .com stuff I can put it back if you like.
    [​IMG]

7. Rusty52

Rusty52

That looks pretty tight. Some scallops would be cool on it. I'd love to see some different paint combos.

8. Will someone ,please, level out my LaSalle,do widewhites with stock hubcaps and give it a flat orange color or a dark geen large-flake look?

Thanks

Attached Files:

9. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

Thank you Pro-1 street for the gasser photoshop on the '63. Gives me a look at it in that combination. Can you post the original pic you used just to see what the car looked like. I need good pics of '63s. Mark L

10. pro1street

pro1street

Here's the one I used actually the same car that you posted just a better view.
    [​IMG]

11. James, Thank you, My wife & I have been "discussing"the color to use. Now I see it.
    She is happy to say "I told you"
    My flat colors have been vetoed.

12. VonBurke

VonBurke

any body want to flake the roof gold, and body color ivory?[​IMG]

13. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I have my car broken down, and about ready for paint.
    I'm thinking about a Dark silver base with a bright silver grille shell and flames from the cowl down the sides.
    Would anyone want to patch some color on this?
    [​IMG]

14. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Working off of ClayMart's nice work I added some scallops.

Attached Files:

15. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

Thanks guys, what's funny about that first pic is that Detroit dragway was about 5 miles away from my house, I only got to go there once before they closed it down. :( Well atleast I can tell people I've been there before. Thanks Electrodude and pro1street.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  16. Hmmmm. In the first pic, the white scallops kind of mimic the chrome belt molding. :rolleyes: Nice approach!

I was going to try some of that big metalflake like JamesD uses but it clogged up the stylus on my graphics tablet. :mad:

17. RichG

RichG

LMAO!:p

18. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

I didn't even notice that when I did it. It must have been a subconscious action. Or perhaps unconscious...

Try soaking your stylus in some carb cleaner. It'll clean it right up.:eek:

19. Went a bit mad - Watson style. I wasn´t really going for subtlety with this. Which is lucky.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  20. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

HI guys, ive seen some O/T cars during the 170 pages of this thread so i finally found the guts to join in and ask!
    Car's a euro Ford. Its a Taunus and pretty O/T regardin traditional customs, but as a lowrider i dont see anything wrong w/ it me being european!

So, plan is this, i'd like to paint it same green as the 64 Elco in the bottom pic, w/ a laced or patterned roof of darker shade of green or gray-black-ish,still paneled or laced, while inside on every piece of visible metal i was thinkin purple or lavender.
    Its goin to roll on cragars (4 spokes) and pinner whites, already bagged in the rear and im workin on the front right now.
    The back wont lay until i "bridge" it, but im making sure the fornt will lay at 1st install.
    The grille is goin to be a drilled n polished (many small holes) alu piece or chrome mesh grille like the one of the other Elco pictured, and lights 4 round units, smaller than the 2 that are in at the moment, again like the close up of the Elco grille.
    Im goin to get rid of that ugly "nose" in the hood and make it more even, if you pass me the term, and there will be many other body mods, but for now all i'd like to see is:

color it green, cragars, slammed, grille:D Sorry for terrible quality pics!
    I'd like to see it laying in the front but the rear not lower than it is now so that i know what it will really look like once done.
    THANX! and sorry in advance if this is offending someone.......i know it will be bitchin once done, just not as a traditional custom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Rusty52

Rusty52

You guys are doing some wicked things to my Poncho!! :)

22. VonBurke

VonBurke

Thank you much James D!

23. RichG

RichG

I tried to paint your ride but it kept coming out funky for some reason, guess I need more practice :D

But, I did want to do something for you, so I made the picture a little easier on they eyes:p...and got rid of that line thing and your doorhandles:D

Attached Files:

24. mika112

mika112

hello bonjour
    je me joint a vous avec ma renault 4cv . un petit photoschop de ma renault populaire francaise de 1954 . le style hot rod lui vat tres bien je trouve ! pas vous ? . alors si le coeur vous en dit faite en un gasser un custom ou autre . merci a bientot . mika112...

hello hello ....google translation

I have joined you with my Renault 4CV. a small photoschop my renault popular French in 1954. style hot rod vat him very well I think! not you? . then if you feel like it made a gasser a custom or otherwise. thank you has bientot. mika112 ...

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      115.6 KB
      Views:
    • 05.JPG
      05.JPG
      File size:
      308.2 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      70.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4cvrod.jpg
      4cvrod.jpg
      File size:
      68.5 KB
      Views:
    • 50.jpg
      50.jpg
      File size:
      139.4 KB
      Views:
    • 101.jpg
      101.jpg
      File size:
      25.9 KB
      Views:
  25. mika112

mika112

rear renault 4 cv

Attached Files:

26. Je vous presenté - L´Escargot de Plomb!
    And I fixed your garden!
    [​IMG]

27. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

That looks really good.