Register now to get rid of these ads!

chev parts in Encinitas?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevpickup, Feb 10, 2010.

1. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

Hey Guys,
    I'm an Australian hamber, heading over to the states for work in 2 weeks. I'll be staying in Encinitas and thought it'd be a good time to buy some parts for my 55 1st series chev truck I'm workin on here. Is there anywhere local I should go and for that matter any places I need to hit up while I'm there? Thanks in advance!

2. cuomo73

cuomo73

thishttp://z.about.com/d/trucks/1/0/J/8/1/holden_fj_ute.jpg

3. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

hey Cuomo - ok I know what your after now, hard to find but I'll start looking.

4. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I used to live in Encinitas (Leucadia). very cool place for surf & mexican food.

I havent been there in a while. maybe a north county hamber will chime in

5. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

There is a place in san diego that my friends go to called Chevy Don's or something like that, supposedly its amazing for chevy parts. I havent gone yet cause i have a ford. Encinitas is a great place to visit, theres lots to do, they have a cruise night in the summer, and its not too far of a drive to get up to everything that might be happening in the LA area too. Mooneyes, Socal speed shop, petersons auto museum nhra museum. the list goes on and on. Recommend avoiding going into mexico, unless you have a real good guide that speaks spanish, and even then i would think long and hard. The news is full of all kinds of messed up stuff goin on down there the last couple of years. Any questions pm me!

6. Special Ed

Special Ed

Beacon's for surf. Juanita's for food! :D

http://www.socalcarculture.com/events.html

7. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

thanks guys - really looking forward to some surf and mexican food too!

8. Ricks57

Ricks57
    from San Diego

The Big 3 Swap meet is the 26th, 27th and 28th of Feb. One of the best swap meets on the West Coast. It's at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego. If you happen to be here it's a must see.
    Rick