Register now to get rid of these ads!

Proudest Moment In My Hot Rod!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lsmjamison, Feb 9, 2010.

1. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

very cool !!!!! a great memory that you will always have.

2. jasone

jasone

That is too freakin' adorable. It's great to be a "daddy" and not just a father. It's great when the car thing brings family together. I have had the honor of driving my nieces to dances in my mild custom '54 Ford, at their request, and looking forward to driving my daughters to theirs in a couple of years.

3. sonim38

sonim38

ive always said "i never want kids". but its seeing things like this that i realize what id be missing.

4. peter johnson

peter johnson

Off the topic? In australia that stuff is dead on the money!You hold your head high,money cant buy that stuff,you will never get that moment back!Cheers!:)

5. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

6. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

If this image doesn't melt your heart and make you smile, there is something seriously wrong with you.

WTG dad!
    [​IMG]

7. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, that's about as good as life gets right there.

Doc.

8. whid

whid

you the man.....dave

9. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

[​IMG]

Ya gotta get 'em interested early.

10. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Thats so cool..:)

11. rustyhood

rustyhood

Im with these guy's! Doing something special with the daughter is not only awesome but will be remembered. My daughter is helping me build my panel so I know just how it feels! Family and rods great combo! Priceless Photos!

12. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

like many have noted already, I can't wait to get the chance like that with my daughter, I dream that wen my truck is done I can take her to school in it, but by the time it's done she may be done school and university :D....but even my little guy has a vested interest in the truck....we make vroom vroom sounds and when it warms up I'll get him standing in the cab.

Keep copies of those photos, they are absolutely priceless!

Best of times!

Derek

13. dutched32

dutched32

Way to go dad! You have plenty right to be proud.The pics bring to mind Drew Brees with his son on the field after the Saints won the bowl Sunday

14. Gigantor

Gigantor

You got me all choked up, man. That's awesome.

15. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

You clean up pretty good! Both dad and daughter had a great day. You only get a handful of these in a lifetime! CONGRATS!

16. LongT

LongT

Fantastic pics. Escpecially the one of her in the car. I just posted one of my grand-daughter with a similar expression in another thread.

I always wished that I could drop off my kids at school in a hot rod. Never got to. I DID however take my grand-daughter (6). She said that she was asked about it all day. Really cool!

Bill

17. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

this is really cool! kids grow up way too fast... so anytime you get the opportunity to make memories like this, do it! you both will remember this forever!!

18. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Man, That four year wait sure was worthwhile ! She looks like she enjoyed it quite a bit !

19. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Family + Hot rods = Priceless.

20. Big Khaunaa

Big Khaunaa

this could be a visa add

34 ford $30,000
    tank of gas $35.00
    taking daughter to first dance in a hot rod priceless

21. Nitrosquid

Nitrosquid

No where near OT....THAT is exactly what it is all about. Something she'll tell her grandkids about, just before she takes them out for a spin in their great grandfather's Hot Rod!!!!

22. TexasDart

TexasDart

yep you shouldn't of posted that....you done made me spring a leak...Hope nobody comes into my office right now...:). Tool cool.

23. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

you are very blessed to be able to share that with her, My daughters mother ran off with her when she was five, I haven't been able to find her since, she's seventeen now. One of my best memories is her riding in the Z with the T tops, and her saying "take off the roof daddy!!" doesn't matter what kind of car, if the kids like to share it like that, the memories are priceless.

24. jtlester

jtlester
    from Texas

This is way to cool....Reminds me of memories with my dad and cruising around in his 36 plymouth...Hoping to spread those same kind of memories with my 4 yr old niece.

25. plocke

plocke

As your mother, I couldn't be prouder knowing I may have played a part in helping you realize what are the most important things in life. Chasing after money, career, or having the coolest car on the road means nothing unless you cultivate your family with which to share it all with. You have become the father I always dreamed you would be. PROUD doesn't begin to describe how I feel. You have been blessed with two beautiful little LADIES and you are doing your part to keep them that way.

26. golden31

golden31
    from Omaha, NE

way to go man. More parents should do things like that with there kids. I remember to this day my dad taking me into town in one of his cool cars to get Mc donalds shakes. It would have been just as easy for him to take his nice air conditioned new truck but he knew I loved the rods and well, It gave him a reason to go do burn outs in it and get away from my mom. I think it is great! I also agree that that car is F-ing cool !!

27. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

It sure is great to see quality people join the Hamb. Welcome.
    How cute.
    Now your going to have to will it to her.
    Not OT by a long shot.

28. JimSwann

JimSwann

How cool is that!

29. nothing funny to me about making your daughters day, shit like this is what shes going to remember and tell her kids when were all dead and gone, and not a damn thing o/t about that hot rod! love it, nice one!

30. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Great post..
    The best times I had as a little guy was with my Dad in, what is now my 36, and now the best times are with my little guys in the same car......