Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Your new computer sounds more than capable, but I wonder if there's any compatability issues between CS2 and W7?

I did a little poking around on the Adobe website to see what their policy was about Student Licenses. There was a mention that Student products could be installed on two machines using a valid registration number. A third attempted install with the same license would not be allowed.

I thinking that there's probably no workaround for this situation short of buying another license or upgrading what you've got to the full retail version. Which likely won't be cheap.

You might be able to buy a used, older version of PS online but it might be impossible to make sure you're not getting a pirated copy. A pre-CS version should be even cheaper if you don't need all the extra bells and whistles. Just make sure that it will be compatible with your OS.

Another alternative would be PS Elements (which does about 90% of what the full tilt PS does) or Corel PaintShop Pro which is also very powerful, either of which should be available for less than $100. And there's also The GIMP, which is free and seems to get some good reviews, though I've never used it myself.

2. skoh73

skoh73

Here ya go, a little closer to what I wanted to begin with...
    [​IMG]

3. kookee

kookee

Hey all! You guys provide a great help to many here. Especially those of us that are struggling with our "vision".

I was wondering if someone could take a shot at mine. I was originally flip flopping between a fenderless, banger powered car and a full-fendered car. Late 40's - Early 50's vibe. Simple and clean.

I originally wanted to go with Washington Blue & Black Fenders, but I found out a friend is building the same car with those colors. He is much further ahead, so change of plans. Deep Maroon, greyish green w/black maybe.

I have four possible pics. 2 with 18" wires and Sellers caps, 2 with 17" Artillery (Tires were just to fill the gap).

Take your pick. I appreciate the creativity and the help!

Album
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=15110

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can tell, I have time to be patient!:p

Thanks again!

4. RichG

RichG

Well, that's such a good lookin' truck I'd hate to see you change it much...other than a slight drop, get rid of those wheels, and maybe a highlighted pinstripe on the cab...:D

Attached Files:

• ht.jpg
      ht.jpg
      File size:
      48.4 KB
      Views:
  5. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Chrome reverse rims with wide whites, '32 grill shell. and headers updated. A gold flake version and a color I have a weakness for, maroon/burgundy/brandy wine, whatever you want to call it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

[​IMG]

I would love to see this with some shiney paint, more-early-'60s wheels (Raiders, maybe?), bias ply fronts and piecrust slicks.

-Dave

8. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

slammed, raised fenderwells, quad head and tailights. Purp lexan windows.

Attached Files:

• ram.jpg
      ram.jpg
      File size:
      99 KB
      Views:
  9. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Thanks for your time and trouble, ElectroDude! Somehow, you KNEW what would make a good custom BETTER!

10. RichG

RichG

no problem, just followed what you said...had to give ya a little guff along the way:D

11. Found this...

[​IMG]

...and made this...

[​IMG]

Just kept it very simple. I think it works.
    I didn´t change the colours as I kind of like it.:)

12. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

I want to build a '63 Catalina Gasser. Can you use this pic to morph me a gasser? Tall, beam axle, ladder bars etc like the old schoolers. early '60s style?

[​IMG]

Thank you for your help. Mark L

13. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

I found another car, painted it white and slapped some wheels on it. It's just a bit easier than trying to paint over primer,etc. Please ignore the hideous seats in this car...:eek:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  14. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Does Photoshop Elements have Pen Tool in it? My older version of Elements does not and I hardly use it any more.

15. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Thank you Sir..

I think if I drop mine some more then this pic it will look just fine. I also have no ww's but I get the picture. Thanks again my friend.

16. Good thought. Might be best to check the Adobe site to find out for sure. No Pen tool might not be that big of a deal depending on what you're trying to do. I think at one time at least Elements also didn't do Curve Adjustments.

17. bugfink

bugfink

Thanks Chris! Thats real gone! Love the quads. Could you try one more with a Watson type panel job, like the vino paisano? In blue /white to match the rims (and me in the front seat:D). I dig how the roof came out.

Attached Files:

18. Rusty52

Rusty52

Thanks Skoh,

That is exactly what I was looking for in colors! I like it a lot!

19. kookee

kookee

Fantastic! Colors are not me. I respect those that can do browns, but my car already has a bad name in the family!:D (Shitty Shitty Bang Bang)

I am planning to use the original windshield frame which is lower than the one pictured and a top that slants forward for almost a chopped look.
    Here is an example:
    [​IMG]

Thanks so much for your help!

20. Then you should definitely rock the brown paint.:D

Nice looking cars these. Can´t think why more don´t get built. Or are they über rare?

21. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Kookee,

What were your school colors? I’d be inclined to copy Plymouth marketing and do my own “Collegiate Special” as a resto rod.

Love those ‘32s done any way.

I could see yours candy blue, full fendered, with a nice rubber rake, WWW on black ‘49 Plymouth wheels with hubcaps, and a baby Hemi or Poly residing beneath just the hood top. Kind of mid- to late-‘50s style.

Moving back, I see a ‘40s dry lakes car in maroon, fenderless, lowered, black 18-inch steelies with ‘40s Plymouth caps (or artillery wheels), surrounded with blackwall bias plies, with a hopped up Chrysler straight-eight between the grille and firewall.

I could also see it done Elgin Road Race style, fenderless, but sitting up at stock height, painted that brown and tan combination, but covered in period-style sponsor logos, with those orange wire wheels and a hopped up ‘banger.

-Dave

Attached Files:

22. kookee

kookee

James,

Pretty rare. Less than 1000. I think the big turn-off for most is that it was the last plymouth made with a wood inner structure.

Dave,

You nailed it.

Originally was looking at full fender, baby hemi, washington blue, maybe plaid interior. I met ezduzit who is also doing the same. Once he told me his plans, they were identical to my own so something had to change.

Ideas have been:
    1. Resto-rod. Banger/T5
    2. Resto-rod. 17" artillery, 325 Hemi
    3. Fenderless (factory racer look) stock suspension, wire wheels with sellers caps, single windscreen, cabin cover, flat 6 hopped up.

Of course I ran out and bought 17" artillery and NOS plymouth caps, then sellers caps.

I just have to find the vision quick, as my excitement has me buying too many conflicting parts. (I call them spares for next projects when the wife asks)

Cheers!

23. bugfink

bugfink

Thanks James D, thats insane! Its a good thing I cant do the PS stuff, I would never leave the house!

24. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

This would be an easy choice for me. Go with the Artillery wheels and the baby Hemi for your ‘32, then use the wire wheels, Sellers caps, and Plymouth ‘banger in a fenderless ‘27 Ford roadster: Make mine as low as you can get it using period tech, then paint it maroon with black wheels, blackwalls and a nickeled radiator shell.

HAMBster Rich Fox, who often contributes to the monthly Banger Meets, has had considerable success running various, elderly MoPar four-banger flatheads in the Bonneville V4F class. I think he’s into Dodge Brothers engines right now, but I’m pretty sure he started out with Plymouth engines. Race tech isn’t necessarily street tech, but I’ll bet he could give you some good ideas on how to build a neat engine for the aforementioned gow job.

-Dave

25. Welcome to my life!:D

26. Option 2 for me. If you pull the fenders, then that already huge rear fenderwell will be even harder to fill.

27. Have you considered bigger wheels and tall tyres to fill your fenders out a bit more? 16" maybe?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Funny you should mention that, just got some 31" tall rears and should help out greatly. Thanks for the help really appreciate it, looks great.