Register now to get rid of these ads!

when is winter going to end

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by leachafreak, Feb 6, 2010.

1. my official PREDICTION is when the spring FLOOD :cool:comes winter will be over for sure

they are talking FLOODING for here:eek: and the FARGO area, usually do get then too

been through way too many, got a electric start D7 turboed ready for the escape vehicle and a life jacket to wear when leaving

2. big creep

big creep

bbbbbbbbbbbbbuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr that looks cold! fuck that!

3. ChevyRat

ChevyRat

Good god - Whats that white stuff. Was out in the shop today, shorts and a T-shirt and the kids were outside playing in th sun. I don't know how you guys do it with all that snow.

4. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I wasn't trying to debate climate change it was just a light hearted comment I don't have enough facts either way but I do know it's cold

5. historynw

historynw

March 20, 2010 so they say.

6. Shoot the dam ground hog and call winter done

7. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Hey wait-I thought you couldn't say the G W word around here! When I did recently my thread was closed-I'm just kidding-just being a tard! Winter sucks as I get older.
    Somebody please remind me why I left my electrician job at Disneyland and moved back her to this wonderland!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

You´re not the only ones... a lot of snow in Norway to, with degrees down to -58.0*F.
    At home its been down to -35*F..... but the Fleetline still works!!
    [​IMG]

9. billy zz

billy zz

woke up to another storm this morning.
    well
    nuthin for it but to take the willys.
    ( i love driving antique 4x4's!)

10. sunsetdart

sunsetdart

I've been snow blowin 24 inches of climate change for the past 3 hrs,................where the hell is spring?........now I hear we may get another 6-12 come Tues into Wed.........glad I filled the oil tank in my shop.

11. rustyhood

rustyhood

I am glad to see Im not the only one pissed at this cold weather. Sanding rust and walkin in a cloud sucks because the doors are closed to keep heat in. Im ready for open doors and a beer belly tan line!

12. billy zz

billy zz

13. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

its 20 degrees here this morning going out to heat up the shop and get more done on the Hot Rod.
    spring wont be here for me until april 10th..than it will back lash for a week back into the low 30's again and after that the rain will come..its all good and normal.
    I got to get this steering column in , and get the body back off..ahh coffee, and my wood burner smells good

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  14. Feb. 28th or when it stops snowing. Hell, you don't know what snow or cold is down there.

15. Beer is man's first time machine. It's only 12 cases 'till spring!

16. flathead4d

flathead4d

17. henryj429

henryj429

Hey, post a pic of that turbo D7.

Now this pic....this is cool. These Scandinavian guys have a really cool attitude about snow!

18. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

It will end just in time for everyone to complain how "hot" it is outside :D

19. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Jeez... what kinds of lubricants do you guys use?!?!?!? Gary

20. belair

belair

Winter-I've heard of it-oh yeah, 4 weeks of possible rain down here.

21. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

Oil..............................Quaker State 10-40 on engine, Dextron II on tranny, and anti freeze coolant, some strong Tequila inside of driver.....(if on own private road) , as the rest of the world......

But, if car hasn´t been used a couple of chilly days, engineblock heater does give lesser tear on the engine.... main problem is frozen rear airshocks who needs some time to loosen....:)

Best of it, when spring comes,its more to be happy over!! ( got approx. 60 inch snow on flat surface now, and showeling snow ain´t funny!)

22. We just got 2 feet new snow yesterday, south central Pa.

23. we've barley got any snow this year in Michigan it's weird but nice, now only if would warm up to 50-60 degree's I could get a little more work done, I dont feel like doing anything when it's cold

24. Here the pics Henry J 429

i dont care about the snow but the roof is coming down on my shed and I dont want to lose it:cool:

I really wanted to start theD7 today and use it but it had so much snow I could not get a knipco to it, its got a plug in but decided against dealing with it
    took the little Komatsu and moved some snow but after it gets warm the oil lite comes on:eek:

why did I come basck from Californcation?? it was great out there and I miss it

why do we live here, thats the question the wife is asking
    and I froze my diabetic fingers again today:mad:

Attached Files:

25. I havent seen my yard or anyone elses, because of snow cover since November! Does any one know where I can get CHAINS for my gasser? I may need them if spring doesnt ever get here!!!!!!!!!!!

26. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

Check out the snow blower it has a 21" high in take. looking for warm weather:mad:

Attached Files:

27. 57 years of South Dakota winters is enough for me. I'm out of here as soon as my place sells...............Prescott, Arizona here I come!!!

28. Swifster

Swifster

Because I'm also a sports fan, to me, winter ends on February 19th when pitchers and cathers report for Spring Traing. PLAY BALL!

29. Our winter is typically rain, but not this one. It startet the weekend before christmas with snow, and its been on going since then. The kids has had days, when they couldnt go to school(and they loved it).
    We hadnt had a winter like this, since 95-96.
    Lars

30. Obersten

Obersten
    from Norway

Was at the harbour to check my sailingboat at 5 degreesF. It's almost possible to walk on the ice from Norway to Denmark.
    The -60 Chevrolet was running strong and most important, the heating is working.

Attached Files: