Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods One Bad-ass '56 Ford Gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Just Jones, Feb 6, 2010.

1. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

One wicked ass black bastard WOW

2. Just Jones

Just Jones

As for the engine . . .

I know this car used to run A/Gas under the name "Bad News" before '56 Gasser' got it, and he has A/Gas on the side of it again, so who knows - maybe a 428 or 460? It would have to be a big cube engine in a lightweight car to run A gas, and '56s aren't all that light
    , so who knows.

Honestly, I don't know what he's putting in it, only that it will be Hilborn fuel injected - Speed

Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
  3. wow, very cool!

4. 56 gasser

56 gasser

Ford racing bluilt me a new 427 11:1 roller cam 8700 redline 625HP motor. Should be fun. B&m C4 trans ,9 inch 3.90 gears . hilbon elc fuel injection with 22" stagged stacks out the hood. See Iam going to drive this car 4 days a week. If Iam going to get people thinking about these types of cars in this city they need to see one on the road. In LA CA ALOT OF PEOPLE dont know want to build or just want to be cool and have what there buddy has. I dont care etheir way I just want to see more gasser in ca on the road.

Thanks for all of your great coments, you guys rock.
    more photos at the end of week, motor and ladder bars in on Sat.

Steve carpenter

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  5. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

thats deff.one bad ass ford.glad to hear your putting a ford motor in it!!!!one Q.for some reason it seems like i have seen your car before?or maybe the galpin logo.has there been another car with that logo on the side?

6. k-member

k-member

I seen one on a streetfreak cover of a 1970's early 80's Hot-Rod magazine that was Petty blue and white with slot mags and I've loved those things every since. Wish I could find a picture of it now.

7. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I've seen it before, too...
    I am almost CERTAIN that it was on e-pay, perhaps a few months ago??? looking very much like it does now, only with "false" fuel injection, and a mild motor?
    It's a very nice looking car, in any case, and if it is that same one, hopefully, with a BBF, and some REAL fuel injection, the whole bite/bark ratio will be cleared up!
    Is this that same car, or am I getting senile?
    I tend to remember my Ford's! :confused:

8. 666Irish

666Irish

I normally not a Gasser guy, but id Definitely dig this ride!
    Love the interior.

9. teddyp

teddyp

car looks killer you sould have a lot of fun with it

10. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

wow thats a good looking car....

11. 56 gasser

56 gasser

I bought this car a few months ago on racing junk.com from a guy in mid west. its was in bad shape. It had BAD NEWS in orange vinly on the doors. Had a old 302 with faux fuel stuff out the hood and no interior. I had it painted semi flat and the interior done ( still not finished) new rims and tires . All lettering is paint NO stickers. Hope to have it all done in 1 month. Iam lucky to have a great team of guys that are helping me with car. Our shop is www.galpinautosports.com Thanks for the great feedback

12. :D
    :D I'll drink to that!

13. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

Killer car! I like the interior a lot.

14. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Thats a cool 56. Didn't you guys restore the " Orbitron " ?????

15. Great looking car. Who did the graphics and trunk art?

16. JustBryan

JustBryan
    from NE Ohio

The front seats look to be from a mid 70's Dodge motorhome or van.
    I had a set from a 75 Dodge motorhome looked just like um. Pretty light weight also.
    Nice job, looks good. Keep us updated please
    Bryan

17. Just Jones

Just Jones

That's right - same shop

(not that I was a part of either project or anything like that; I just know it was the same place)

18. You work with my brother in law, Chris Whitney. He told me about your car at Christmas dinner, very cool! My brother and I would be happy to join a" So. Cal Gasser's" group. IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0673.jpg These pic's were taken at Chris's house a couple of summers ago for our dad's 70th B-day.

19. 56 gasser

56 gasser

Cool chris is doing all the work on my car...is this the car you bought thats at chris's house. if so lets get it on the road. He told me about your car it looks nice. I want to see ..yous hould come by and visit the shop.

20. Just Jones

Just Jones

Hey Steve and Chris,

Yesterday, I started a So. Cal. Gassers Alliance group here on The HAMB with hopes that it may help facilitate getting more gassers owners together in this area and out on the streets. It may be a good way to communicate as a group, post info and help each other out with finding/selling parts and so on. If you know other gasser owners, tell them about it too.

to everyone else, its a public group so feel free to join - no invite needed. - Speed

21. Just Jones

Just Jones

Chris - have any pictures of your gassers? They look fantastic, and it would be great to know more about your dad's B/gasser in particular - that thing is tits. - Speed

22. Kool Gasser Steve ! I'm glad to hear that You're gonna drive it, Ya gotta Love Gassers on the Street !

23. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

I like that !! Makes me think about going a different direction now with my 56 Customline after seeing those. I went the lowered route but it is still early in the build stages . I'd like to see some suspension pictures if you/he has any.

24. Just Jones

Just Jones

Mine - loooooooonng way to go, but working on the front suspension and fendwell headers right now, and hopefully on the road this summer - probably in primer and not too pretty, but damn it, it'll have attitude and run good!

312 with 3x2s (possibly 6x2s if I can find or make the manifold), 15x10 cheaters, 9 inch, etc. Woooohoooo!

Attached Files:

25. Dirtroad

Dirtroad
    Member Emeritus

That thing is SWEET! I'm glad your keeping it all Ford. I'd love to do mine like that, but i couldnt get into it. Keep posting :cool:

26. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Here's mine as it sits . I have a Y-block , 4 speed and 3-2 intake but I am thinking if I went the gasser route a FE with the 4 speed and maybe a tunnel ram.

Attached Files:

• 56a.JPG
      56a.JPG
      File size:
      73.8 KB
      Views:
  27. Just Jones

Just Jones

Yeah, I almost wish I went the FE route too - I'm tempted to take that 312 and put it in my '40 pickup and do a bigger FE for the gasser, but no extra $$$ right now.

Just for a teaser, check this out:

Attached Files:

28. 56 gasser

56 gasser

Iam so fu.k...happy to here about how you guys like gassers to be on the the streets. I will make you guys happy drive this car everywhere. Put chorme 66" ladder bars on today, looks sick..have photos tomorrow

Thanks

29. Chris is my bro-in-law. My brother Marc and I own "Yesterdays Child" and the "Two Lane" clone. I started a thread awhile back called "Found Dads '56 Chevy Gasser". Check it out, it has the history and what we're doing to it. Count us in on the club thing. I think it'd be a blast. We're trying to finish the new running gear etc. for Dragfest in May. Ric. 56 @Pond-2.jpg

30. 56 gasser

56 gasser

almost done

Attached Files: