Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moving Countries - Australia to SO-CAL!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tall Paul, Feb 4, 2010.

1. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

ahh bundy rum. the angry bogan's drink of choice.

2. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

That rum was the reason Ragdoll and I were hanging upside down in our hotel room in Paso.........The only thing I drink now is WATER and COFFEE.:D

3. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Tall Paul, I can see why ya leaving ! , just been told Corona beer is about 40 bucks a dozen !!!!,20 here, im heading over next week , duty free is looking good :p

4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

5. Estamos a usted Brandy. Todos tenemos que pasar una prueba española antes que ellos nos den nuestras licencias de manejar...

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

:D:D:D:D:D:D good one

7. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Big move for you, but I would think that you probably have some mixed feelings. I was in Perth only once, for a week in 1983. I remember it as a beautiful city with a warm, friendly environment. I've heard Perth described as the "San Diego of Australia," and that was certainly my impression. Good luck to you and your wife.

8. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

9. Huckster59

Huckster59

welcome to america ,enjoy ,there is only one

10. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Sorry you can't come in right now, the United States is closed for 2 weeks for inventory.

Welcome mate.

11. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Welcome. Theres plenty for everyone. You'll notice not everybody does it the right way. Thanks and welcome. I was in Perth in the early 80's and a nicer group of folks I couldnt have asked for. Oz's loss is our gain.
    Think In-n-Out. Its a way of life.

12. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a big move but a great one!!

If you can swing OC, I say GO FOR IT! I moved from Vegas (not comparing) a couple years ago to Huntington Beach and I absolutely love it! I had to down-grade from an 1800 sq. ft. house to a small apartment AND pay more for it, but it's worth it! Yes, the cost of living is higher, but wages somewhat reflect that... somewhat.

Welcome and good luck!

13. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Even this guy can't get burgers out of his head...MMmmmm

b u r g e r s .......

[​IMG]

14. How funny, I met mine the same way in 2002.....moved here in Nov 2002, been here in Nor Cal since. Love it.

Good Luck with the move, your gonna love it

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Best of luck Paul.
    I am close to chucking it in here and heading for a new country, I LOVE Australia and served it as well I could but I think its time to move on.
    Hey Denise, Brandy, Jungle Pam, heck any of the HAMB Lady's want a husband at least for a while?:p:D I need a green card, every country needs paramedics I can work, sew do dishes and clean.....................

Doc.

16. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

He's from SoCal..........he's a TRANSPLANT to Texas.:p My statement still stands, because of COURSE everyone from Cali hablamos Espanol.

17. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

welcome to US. hey housing prices are coming down! don,t know about renting. I was raised in Riverside, it had a pretty good hot rod history, and some shops are moving there, pretty good ol town, now I,m now down in north San Diego area not cheap here.

18. Deuces

Deuces

Well, whata ya know... How's it going Doc??? Fancy meeting you here! How have you been?? When was the last time you stopped by at SMC?? Stop by once in a while an' say howdy to the crowd..................... Deuces-wild :D

19. Well, you are living my dream. Take advantage of it and enjoy every minute of it!

20. seems to be quite a trend here, maybe we should all start a club or something :D :D HAHA

A32Flathead, do you kow another pommy rodder called Dave, used to be in ACME with Japchris, Andy etc, had an old pop, then a blue 56 f100 bought from a guy who ran a hot rod shop called STeve something? Anyways, he livin out here in Perth now and TattooPete has been out to visit last year too. You poms are worse than us Aussies!! :D :D

21. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Watch your mouth Paul, that's my Oi Rental Husband you're talking to there.

22. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

Congrats on the marriage and moving to the states!

I have a good friend in Hobart that came up here on holiday last November and loves it here but can't stay of course. He is coming back this year again so maybe we can find him a GF here that might turn into something eventually, who knows.

23. NO WE DON'T !!!!

And I'm a Native Californian - I speak freakin E N G L I S H :eek:

And now I'm heading to the ORIGINAL In N Out

24. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

No you don't, A32 speaks ENGLISH.........you speak AMERICAN.:D

25. We speak Proper English, they speak the Queen's English :D

26. 40 bucks a dozen!!! not sure whose tellin you this but me thinks they tell pork pies. A carton of corona (24 x 330ml bottles) runs about $45 to $50 bucks here. Still bloody expensive compared to elsewhere in the world tho.

27. Oh that's another thing i'm going to have to get used to, learning how to spell things incorrectly :D :D ....color, aluminum, realize .... it's madness!! our kids are going to grow up so confused or should that be confuzed? :D :D

28. Thank you dear...she is quite correct, I speak the Queens English, not that stuff you all insist on using here....still causes confusion after almost 8 years between my wife (the "actual" one, not the rental one) and myself at times....

:D

29. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

Welcome and Congratulations.
    You can buy a tape measure with the fractions written-out on them in fine print.

30. Who's a queen?