Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage shots from days gone by!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abomination

Abomination

Heaven

2. 666Irish

666Irish

33 EJB at Monte Carlo in '64.

[​IMG]

3. lewislynn

lewislynn

Did all those clowns just get out of that car?....Just kidding!

4. lewislynn

lewislynn

Thers's nothing more beautiful than peg-board cabinetry....

5. Except peg-board cabinetry with a matching lamp...

6. First Date?? Keep your dang eyes on the road...

7. Sheldon, IA 1961
    [​IMG]

8. alittle1

alittle1

9. rubens

rubens

When everything goes wrong.. what's right, what's left...
    ....and than, booom!!!
    [​IMG]

10. Funny thing is, would ANYONE (besides Google, that is) think of wandering around taking random pictures of your city nowadays? In 30-50 years from now, a bunch of "traditional jet car" enthusiasts will be sitting around going "can you believe THAT" over all your shots......

11. where is her left hand?

12. Ferd #1 is driving...

13. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  14. roddinron

roddinron

Ahhh, you must be an optimist, I envision a future where we're back in caves with no way to view all these digitized images from better days gone by, that is unless we're politicians living in luxurious underground city's.:D

15. I truly wish I had some pictures to add to this, but I don't. So all I can say is thank you to everyone that contibuted. It's one of my favorite threads on this site........besides my "Longroof" thread. [​IMG]

16. unkamort

unkamort

Unless I'm badly mistaken... thats' Paddy Hopkirk smiling behind the trophy. A true legend in rally competition.

17. lewislynn

lewislynn

That's the change certain politicians were hoping for in the last election but we don't have to let them get away with it.
    The funny thing about your statement is not one of the photographs in this thread was taken or processed with anything digitized.
    Yet here we are, all over the world, still enjoying them even larger than their original size using a relatively simple household device that was unheard of when the bulk of those photos were taken.

18. lewislynn

lewislynn

In some cases those might be photos taken by people who've never been to a city and wanted to capture the moment.

Some of those buildings were works of art, people recognized that. A lot of movie theaters were unbelievabley opulent inside. I remember a Fox Theater in the town I lived in had chandeliers, wall sconses, plush carpeting, huge curtains across the screen, ushers in uniforms with flashlights that sat you, a ticket booth out in front where even the girl in the booth had a uniform...it was a proud time when we weren't made to feel guilty about where we worked or getting what we worked for.

19. yellerspirit

yellerspirit
    from N.H.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.