Register now to get rid of these ads!

GNRS so who won ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by langy, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hahahahahhaah. OOOPS, snot bubble:D

2. Special Ed

Special Ed

Ahhhhhh Groucho, you have a way of breaking the tension....snot bubble indeed :D:D

3. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I feel like I'm watching two old bald men fighting over a hair brush

4. AHAHAHAHAHA, I was certain that last snot bubble WAS my last snot bubble.:D

5. Weasel

Weasel

I have to admire your level headed response and you must have cojones the size of watermelons to take this tough crowd on, on their home turf. Maybe you should just let sleeping dogs lie.

But European influence???? Bwahahaha - sorry dude but I grew up and lived all over Europe and was always around European cars in a very car centric environment. This has nothing even remotely in common with, nor shows any discernible influence from any self respecting European car. It's like "Hollywood Royalty" - there's an oxymoron - no fucking clue. To me, visually it is not far removed from these neo classic shitboxes where every one of their designers think they are Joseph Figoni reincarnated - Clenets, Excaliburs, Tiffany's, Zimmers et al. Sorry, but for all your hard work and endeavour, I still have to say the Clown Car won and surrounded by clowns it was. Give up while you are still ahead.

6. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Do you guys remember those Childsplay movies with "Chuckie" the possessed doll. Any chance that that doll contains the spirit of Boyd Coddington? That thing just plain creeps me out.

7. I showed my 36 roadster at the 08 GNRS . I had a blast and I knew that the deuce that won it all was won on points and points alone. It's like the judges walk around with a calculator and simply add them up, and at the end the most points win. No different than any sport i suppose. If they could only stand back 24 feet and give a few points for styling and design maybe the outcome would be different in the end. I lost points, as I found out because the doors and trunk etc were not open to be judged............Well that is not how the car looks going down the road.So I got 10 points out 200..Hmmm who really gives a shit, I met some really Kool people and had a blast, even though the judges threw me off my booth. No problem I hung over at Mark Morton's booth for a bit. U.G.L.Y. is in the eye of the beholder...Time Bomb John

8. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Thats what Barrett Jackson auction is for. If someone was foolish enough to have it built someone else is foolish enough to pay for it again. Especially now that it has a title. It'll probably never be driven hard. It's pretty much a 500k Coffee table.

9. I'm not crazy about the car either. But, Jesus that's harsh:eek:

10. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

i walked past it without a thought..well one thought and that was a turd can be polished and here it was,proof in front of my eyes.

11. hankcash

hankcash

I wish one more person would make a "polished turd" reference...

hc

12. Another year has come and gone at the AMBR.............same result, same response.

I must have been really bored to read all 10 pages of it..............:(

13. ttarver

ttarver
    from austin

This thread is lame.

14. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

I still want to know what kind of polish you use for polishing a turd and is it clear coat safe?

15. They are relevant to the thread title and I thought that was the point of threads..:)
    If it's not relevant to the HAMB then it should be removed.. :rolleyes:

16. oz kustoms

oz kustoms

ok maybe its time for me to build one of zombie's 60 style 32 bubble top's, i just wonder if buick hubs, cad or olds mill,15'' wheels and tires,(non radial's) every thing highly detailed,dont no if it would win but im thinking of trying,2011? we might have to see-----Oz Welch (Oz Kustom)

17. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

There's no drama like HAMB drama...

18. mattfink

mattfink

roadsters are ugly anyway.........

19. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Well,they are in Aussie anyway ! :D just kidding, Striper on here will give me a kicking !

20. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

lol,lol,lol!!!!!!

21. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

The one good thing to come out of this thread is a term I've yet to come across, but had me rolling on the floor...

"Chromeasexual"

Bwahhhahaha!!

22. I thought for sure I'd wake up to this thread being closed:confused::eek::D:p

23. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

We can guess what the car cost.....
    I wonder what the JUDGES cost?

24. Special Ed

Special Ed

There were several HAMBer's rides inside the show that won awards, including at least one first place! Congratulations to them!

25. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Hmmmmmmmm, I only went through the Suede Palace and Historic Race car building.

26. John Denich

John Denich

Well you missed one hell of a show then...thats too bad! I hope it was because you ran out of time!

27. dryer sheets ................!!! :D

28. jephs422

jephs422
    from CA

No way, this stuff's too fun :)

Besides this isn't a tough crowd, more of a speak your mind kind of crowd.

29. So, I'm curious. Someone else wrote earlier that AMBR winners from years ago, like the Ala Kart were prolly ridiculed and scoffed at at the time for being too extreme or over the top. But, now are put in high regard. So, does that mean this years winner will be held in the same high regard 40-50 years from now by us? Discuss.....

30. punkroder

punkroder
    from socal

I was just wondering, were the first winners built by pros. to win ,based on judging rules? or were they built by owners who loved their car, and given an award by those who loved and appreciate their passion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.