Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who makes a y-block 6x2 u-fab style manifold?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Just Jones, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Just Jones

Just Jones

I've seen the kits for hemis, nailheads, and others, but not Y blocks, although they used to be real popular. Crower made 'em, but no more. Dont think Eelco or Hot Heads do, either.

Anyone know where I can get one? Here are some pix of what I'm talking about - Terry

2. Just Jones

Just Jones

... or has anoyone ever made a Y block manifold like this from scratch?

If I can't find a kit, I'm thinking I could modify one of the other kits out there, or just start from nothing.

3. inkmunky

inkmunky

What size motor? Carbs you plan to use? Do you want to run all 6 or block off some? I'm sure you can make the flanges or have someone here make them. Then it's just a matter of tubing and some good welds after you figure it all out.

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Contact these guys -> http://hamiltonintakes.com/, they had a booth at the March Meet last year with quite a few log intakes (not sure about the y-block). The pieces on display were vey nice!

5. 73RR

73RR

6. There was a company that was going to make a set for me. If i can find it i will let you know.

7. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

8. Alfster

Alfster

I made one many years ago. Not all that hard.

Attached Files:

9. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Check with Matt at Gear Drive. He makes U-Fab intakes as well as lakes style headers. He is also an Alliance vendor, so if you can get together you may get a discount if you are or plan to be an Alliance member.

10. Ruiner

Ruiner

saltflatmatt is his name here on the HAMB, and he does top notch work...I believe his website is www.lakesheaders.com ...

11. That was the company!

12. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Edelbrock FM657
    Weiand Dragstar
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>
    Offenhauser 3947<o:p></o:p>
    </o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

13. I ended up buying my offy 6x2 off of ebay.

14. There have been several on Ebay for Y-Blocks the past couple of months along with at least two Hilborn units. Both the log manifolds and the fuel injection sets had some big prices on them. Pretty rare for both.

15. Yes they are really high priced, but people are willing to pay for them. I would have rather had the hillborn set up but i could pass the $$ for it.

16. Just Jones

Just Jones

Great info guys, really appreciate it. And yup, as the original 6x2 stuff (such as the Drag Stars) are getting so expensive, the U-Fab route seems like my only affordable alternative.

But if anyone has anymore pictures of Y block intakes they've made, please post them! It would be great to check them out! Love the one posted above, very cool - Terry

17. 63Compact

63Compact

18. Just Jones

Just Jones

This thing is freakin' amazingly beautiful! I REALLY want one . . but how much money is $650 AU? Is that like $800 dollars US or something crazy like that?

But seriously, this thing would look the SHIT on the 312 in my gasser!

Attached Files:

19. OneBad56

OneBad56

at today's rate, $574.26USD plus shipping and anything else.