Register now to get rid of these ads!

rat rod RUMBLE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bullet boy, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bullet boy

bullet boy

hey it is getting to that time of year again we are gearing up for the 6th annual RUMBLE . it is april 23-25 gates open at 4pm fri . same rules as always no electronic fuel injection , no modern engines ( new hemi , modern chevys , or mod motor fords ect ) no billet , no cars on trailers except gassers an rails . (if we see it on a trailer it does not come in) only traditional vehicles on grounds. heads up drag racing, flagger start, no clocks. trditional car an bike show. 65 an back cars an trucks 85 an back bikes newer bikes must be chopped an be checked at gate. no factory "choppers" free camping , free swap meet spaces kids 12 an under free . recession reduced price this year $35 car an driver all weekend $10 spectator all weekend. the event is at 411 dragstrip again in seymour , tn near knoxville . friday night is old hot rod movies an pop corn on out door screen . sat is drag racing , car show, an swap meet with bands at night. sun is get up an clean up. back again this year is SPONCERS : VIDEO BOB , CHERRY BOMB MUFFLERS, CYCLE SOURCE MAGAZINE, S.H.O.T PIN STRIPING CLUB, now dont pick on the name of the show we chose it 7 years ago before all the bs really got started. if you have not been ask some one who has they will tell you it is a good time . THANKS HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE . Dan Cain sound off if you are coming

2. bullet boy

bullet boy

just had club meeting got some new ideas to make things run better . our signage will be better dirrected with new sighns thanks Pioneer from S.H.O.T. also got a line on a new band that kicks ass plus more that i will keep you updated. i cant wait

3. ratster

ratster

good luck with the show

4. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

5. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

It's never to late to change it.

6. bullet boy

bullet boy

we have talked about changing it but after six years we dont want to lose name recognition. but it mostly is called the rumble. we had about 1200 people an around 275 cars an bikes. an for the most part they are all good cars not many wanna be's , an most also race them. the track is an older track an the owners are really cool about letting us run. if any body has any pics post a couple on this thread please so new guys can get a peak.

7. Gator

Gator

Some from last year.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Gator

Gator

9. Gator

Gator

Decent swap meet last year too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. skwurl

skwurl

If I have any fundage left over from Maxton I'll be there

11. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing the pics. If someone is stuck on the name you may not want them to show up anyway because they're probably dickheads.

12. chevyshack

chevyshack

I second that. Theres actually alot of them here. Seen a bumper sticker once. "If ass holes could fly, this place would be an airport!"

13. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Looks like a fun show...good luck with it this year.

14. roddinron

roddinron

Seems like that name would only invite dickheads to me. While your checking the cars for entrance, do you make sure they're not using plumbing pipe and soket u-joints for steering shafts?
    It's only 2 letters RAt- HOT I think a small change would lend more cred to what looks like a great show. The times, they are a changing.

15. :D Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Good luck with the show though...

Attached Files:

16. Don't care what you call it, it's always fun.

Here's a totally unsolicited opinion. Sometimes no music at all is better than... well never mind.

17. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

I must be one of the Dickheads.

18. solid

solid

Looks like a great time.

19. screwball

screwball

Open minded can have a great time. Closed minded will always find some thing to dislike.Looks like a good show from here. Good Luck

20. BBobb

BBobb

Seems more often than not lately A DECENT thread such has this will will be ate alive by a hand full of folks with nothing better to do than to stir up a little drama.With that being said,thanks for the pic's and if i were a little closer it looks like a show i would gladly like to make.Good luck and i hope your show goes well for you folks

21. ratster

ratster

that black model A with the 324 olds is my old car and that green n purple roadster kicks ass

22. chilimac

chilimac

Don't leave the keys in that green and purple roadster!I've had my eye on that for a while now:D

23. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

Yea thats a kool rat! :D

Heres a pic of my "RAT", I love this show. i dont give a "RATS" ass what the name is!
    I always attend, i love drag racing! (i made about 30 passes last year.) flag starts, cool people, relaxed atmosphere..... hell yea!
    Dan the guy that puts the rumble on is a super cool guy who you can tell has a passion for putting this on "for us".

Attached Files:

24. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Congrats on your 6th annual event.

25. It looks like a good time. Wish I could come.

26. JimSwann

JimSwann

I don't care what you call it., Ill be there!! Looks like a great event.

27. Haywood

Haywood
    from M'boro,TN

Me and Nurse Kimmie will finally make it back this year!

Just don't tell Mother Nature..... we don't seem to get along!!!

28. Great Show, will be there again this year.
    Short video from the 2008 show.
    [​IMG]

29. ratrodder34

ratrodder34
    from Irvine,ky.

I was there last year ( can actually see my car in the background of some pics) Ran down the strip more than once and it was a blast. Bought a set of wheels with new biasply white walls on them for $60 at the swap meet...thats $60 for BOTH. It is a very relaxing atmosphere...swap meet,flag drag racing,grilled food,hotrods,RATRODS,customs....if you dont like what its called then dont plan on coming.....

30. edweird

edweird

whats wrong with a rat rod as long as its built good and safe and with good taste.every body calls my car a rat rod. if it is, so what! i have fun with it!!!

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.