Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Wax Shop??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 270283, Jan 15, 2010.

1. 270283

I was told The Wax Shop ceased operations. This may have happened some time ago as I just ran out of one of their products and called to order more. I liked their LRV Protectant (I would buy it by the case, just like beer, only this lasted longer). I wonder if any of you might know what company may have taken over their product line or formulas, if any. The girl who answered the phone didn't seem to know much other than that they closed. I have tried other brands, but really preferred the LRV. Thanks for any help on this. And I know some guys on here like their tires to look good. I've seen pictures.

2. Bull

Bull

You could give our Tire & Vinyl Shine a try. It works great to shine and protect the dash, interior panels, seats, tires, etc. It won't leave the greasy residue or dry, crack & turn brown like others will over time. See my signature for a HAMB discount or give me at call at the office and I can save you a good bit on a case. 800-356-7223 - Adam
    [​IMG]

3. B-Rad

B-Rad
    from Monrovia

Here is the guy. Has the original formulas under a different name.

Wax Depot
    <CITE>www.[B]wax[/B]depot.com</CITE>

5027 Irwindale
    California

4. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

B-Rad your tha Man, been looking for this .......thanks:D:D:D

5. John Denich

John Denich

Okay how does he have the Formulas..but still sells Waxshop stuff...what is the other name of the product that he sells that is the same formulas as Waxshop!!!! And does he make all his own product? So he has containment? fireproof walls, extra capacity sprinklers, explosion proof mixers, Air Research Board Certs, DOT certs???? If you making your own Products you HAVE TO HAVE THEM and a ton of other Fire Dept Regulations! I know what it cost us to Build our Building so we could mix our stuff and its crazy!!!! If he does not mix his own stuff and repackages it which is very common, we private label for alot of Companies! I Doubt he has the Formulas from the Wax Shop! But I have been wrong before!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
  6. Bull

Bull

Private labeling is definitely very common practice in the industry. We do it here for quite a few companies as well. For the smaller players (and some of the big ones too!) it just doesn't pay to mix and bottle it on their own.

7. Rich1028

Rich1028

[​IMG]

wow $16.95
    for a bottle.
    I have not been able to find it in years,I've been using Meguires.