Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features barn find 34 International pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jreeder41, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Gees every barn must have these things. The guys on the other side of town here just got one in for about the same reason. Been sitting for decades. But this one is a "just make it run so we can use it on the ranch".

Attached Files:

2. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

When was the last time ya seen a stock 30's car/truck running 75 mph down TODAY'S freeways along side newer cars and their anti-lock brakes, better tires, etc????
    Putting around town in a "stocker" is one thing...but wanting to actually DRIVE it long distances and in today's traffic is a whole 'nuther story....
    I'd personnally rather see this truck with a 350/350 and see it driven alot, than the stock runnin' gear and sittin' 'cause it can't keep up.:p A sbc is far less offensive in a full fendered, full hooded hotrod.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  3. BinderRod

BinderRod

My neighbor has a 34 that he restored and kept bone stock. Even has mechanical brakes. Drives the piss out of it. The truck has been in there family since it was brand new. He drove it fron North Dakota to Missouri with no problems.

On another note I have some 34-36 binder parts if anyone wants to come and get them, and the price is right. FREE

I do have an extra complete grill, trim and radiator but, it is going to be wall art. Keith

4. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

N. Dakota to Missouri? Holy shit!!! I bet he passed like what, 10 cars on that 2 lane road???:p:D
    There's "driving" and then there's DRIVING.

5. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

I'll take those rims.........Great find

6. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Like REOs, IHCs don't get enough respect, man!

7. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really need one of those grills :)

8. jreeder41

jreeder41

Here are some progress pics of the binder. Currently the cab is of having the wood redone, the engine and trans showed up last night and the bed is out getting blasted.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. What a shame. That thing was bitchin' just the way it was.

10. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a buitfull truck . I would have cleaned it up and drove it. But each to his own . Thats what makes the world go around right. Looks like your shop will do great job on the build. Thanks for sharing.

11. Grizzly34s

Grizzly34s

That is cool truck, looks to be moving along, I sure hope the owner will drive the hell out of it when it is done. Thanks for the pictures.

12. that thing looks like it's in really decent shape with a hell of a lot of potential

13. Love the truck but wheres the pics of the barn it come from?

14. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Nice find! I have a friend who recently did one I found for him in South Dakota. He had it chopped, shortened, IFS etc etc AND he put in a SBC/700R4 along with a lot of $$. I kept saying put in a INTERNATIONAL 345 in it as they were used in '70's IH pickups to keep it all "binder". They were also used in 30,000# Caterpillar fork trucks too and you used to be able to get rebuilds from Jasper. I believe they used torque-flight trannys for automatics. Seems to me this would make it even more unique and less belly button. :cool:

15. jreeder41

jreeder41

We had talked about using a IH drivetrain (he has a 70's scout we could have used) but after comparing prices of rebuilds, parts costs and performance pieces it was decided that a crate 350 would be the best choice. I am one of those guys who would have rather seen the IH in it but it is not my truck and I like to get paid every other Friday lol!

16. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Yeah that's why my friend went with the SBC too - see attached pics. Oh well gotta make the customer happy! Neat truck - keep us posted with progress and pics. :cool:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  17. jreeder41

jreeder41

That is a very nice truck!

18. very nice truck, I like the looks of it stock, it was awesome, but I'm sure i will like the newer and improved truck also.
    I drive a 46 chevy thats slammed, unmolested body, new frame paint and sbc combo ;-) I like the looks of the stock, full fendered and hood w/ sides and the reliabilty of the hidden LT-1. I dont even pop the hood when its on display, its just another sbc.

19. jreeder41

jreeder41

That is the idea. I have some more pics of the cab wood. I can't take credit for this work. We have a great guy we work with on projects like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. jreeder41

jreeder41

Some floor and engine pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. RatPin

RatPin

I've got to agree on that one.

22. At least hes keeping the fenders.... coulda went to one of those bobber truck guys.

23. No Cents

No Cents

Cool truck. Nice build.
    Personally I would have cleaned it up and drove it.

24. jreeder41

jreeder41

Some pics with the finished engine and tranny mounts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. A.P. Photography

A.P. Photography

Was a great looking truck and I would have left it alone but can't wait to see how it turns out anyway.

26. seatex

seatex

any idea of final color?

27. Beau

Beau

Sometimes things don't appear as rare as they are. If guys really start looking for old IH's, they are out there. And pics don't always show the whole story.

That old man is gonna be one happy man when this truck is done. If it were done by him Fifty years ago, pulled from the barn now and posted here, people would be drooling. At least he (the owner) is doing something with it, rather than letting it rot away slowly.

Let's see some more pics!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  28. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

nice---I sold one about like it to NY. They are cool.

29. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

My brother has a 49 KB1...cool old trucks, open drive line in 49...but the 54 Chevrolet is still closed. Guess I.H. was ahead of their time.

30. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

X2 on that! That is a fine truck, and a way, way outside the box. I'm sure it'd cost a wee bit more than the planned 350/350 everybody seems to have their knickers in a wad about...:rolleyes:

Brian