Register now to get rid of these ads!

Time for a little change.. (opinions wanted)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fast Eddie, Nov 28, 2009.

1. So its winter time again. Doing nothing but working. So all this sitting around gets me thinking what i can do to the car this year. Im looking for some ideas. The car has been through some changes through the past few years. Mostly just getting more complete. But now i want to see about something more. Im posting some pictures of where it has been and where its at now. Last two is in its current state.

Im looking for any opinions. Good, bad, anything. The more the better. Things to change, things to add. Things to remove.

Let me have it.

A few things going through my mind are...... 32 grill, but dont know what would fit. Possibly a low roll bar. Maybe some lake headers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. daliant

daliant

looks better without that tractor grill. those headers dont look right needs lake pipes

3. 3onthetree

3onthetree

Pretty cool little ride, I like the tool box, very functional. I agree with daliant, maybe some new pipes?

4. lose the tractor grille in favor of a chopped 32 with the hood or a 28/29 without. swap the headers for a traditional down swept collector header or a lakes header but don't just leave that silly ring on the end without putting a turnout on the end.

add some beauty rings to the wheels (BTW what tire sizes are you running? nice combo!)

that tonneau cover is pretty rad.

.I'm not a big fan of the tool box sticking out of the bed. it interrupts an otherwise smooth tail section.

those tail lights are great!

5. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

farmall gotta go.

6. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Yes on the lake headers.
    No on the roll bar.
    Beauty rings on the steel wheels chrome.
    Look at cutting the front windshield down.
    My 2 cents
    2nd getting rid of the tool box showing.

7. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Model T radiator shell. Yeah, I think so...

8. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

It's SCREAMIN for a grill shell. Yes lake pipes are in order. Get at me I've got Matt's number. Is the gold paint wearin' thin yet? I'd say we'll go with plaid for the coming year. How about adding a nice little inconspicuous chrome trucker chic among the body, or Yosemite Sam mudflaps that say "BACK OFF"......I'm just throwin' it out there.....

9. moonboots & sweatpants

moonboots & sweatpants
    from Coalfield

Radiator looks good, maybe some bigger headlights set down low, set of pipes, smaller tailights, trim rings...cheap and easy, looks like fun.

10. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

New grille, new pipes, new winsheild, new tail lights, and maybe a different steering wheel.? Just my thoughts.

11. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Roll bar for sure. Ditch the tool box. Change the headers.

12. Spity

Spity

I usually hate posting on these but...
    I see too many styles going on pick one, but loose the air cleaner for sure.

13. skwurl

skwurl

How bout a track T nose hood and sides with Lakes coming through, three deuce air-cleaners just poking out of the hood a tiny bit with the tribars holding em down. Lose the tail lights and tool box. Maybe just do a single tail light with the STOP across the top.

14. Ruiner

Ruiner

Cast iron exhaust manifolds, 1 3/4" dual exhaust with the longest steelpack or glasspack mufflers you can fit, cut down 32 grille, hood, chrome trim rings, acorn lug nuts and short bullet center caps, paint the body Royal Blue, with a White and Royal Blue interior, super dark blue frame and suspension/brakes, body width chromed oval nerf bar bumper out back under the taillights,chromed T-bar nerf bars out front, cut down the windshield an inch or two, paint the toolbox the frame color dark blue with royal blue and white pinstriping...and for God's sake, get that pitman arm up and away from below the scrub line...

15. Doug B

Doug B

I really like the vibe the car puts out,but a few things I would change: Model T rad shell , shorten the front frame about a foot , lakes style headers that flow downward to dump just below the body line or sprint car headers, 3x2 's . I like the tailights and the gold paint.

16. Gotta loose the tractor radiator shell and the tail lights.
    I'm a fan of short roll bars, like 12" or less, track nose, sprint style headers, maybe even side bars in front the the rear tires.

17. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

i say get rid of the edelbrock carb and go with either three dueces or enderly injection.also maybe some diff headers.the car looks great i just dont think the carb and headers go with the look of the car.it would be fine if you had all chrome front and big foose wheels.just my opp.

18. american opel

american opel
    from ohio

not sure if anyone read your post right because it said that the last two pics.are what it looks like now{without grill}.just trying to help.

19. Ruiner

Ruiner

Foose wheels? You can't be serious...

20. this car has been thru plenty of changes , why not just build another car?

21. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

When looking at a traditional site and asking for ideas and opinions why not look at a traditional car like the Kookie car for ideas. Wide whites, Multi Carbs Nice flowing headers Taller shifter cut down 32 grille etc etc

Attached Files:

22. Bill Schickling

Bill Schickling

Shorter windshield, different exhaust for sure. I'd think about changing the tires.

23. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

You have a cool lil car but that wheel and tire combo leaves room for improvement. I'm thinking an old set of torq thrusts (maybe with the spokes painted to match the body).

Good luck!

24. I actually like the tractor grille. Maybe a Ford tractor grille and partial hood with script Ford logo instead?

Lake pipes for sure.

On the rear tool-box... Swap out that black plywood cover and pop-up-tool-box for something cooler. Raw metal, maybe aluminum so it doesn't rust (or painted to match) shaped and riveted custom cover. For aesthetics, think Jimmy Bennitez' (sp?) raw-metal riveted '29 Model A RPU, except that that long oval tank bump becomes the lid for your box.

Hurst cheater slicks on the rear. Being on the HAMB long enough has given me a slight gag reflex when I see radials. I can't explain it, and it never used to bother me, but now see radials everywhere and wonder what's wrong with the world.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  25. freebird101

freebird101

that 3rd photo looks great...I would say change the valve covers to have the "corvette" script on them...lake pipes yes:D

26. I appreciate all of the opinions. Exactly what i was looking for. Just to back up some decisions of mine.

The tractor grill is gone, when i was having cooling issues after it got painted, i saw it looked alot better without it. Plus people said it looked like a penis. Ive been looking at 32 grills but with the price, just concerned about getting one and not fitting. the chopped 4 1/2 fiberglass might fit, or have to pay and get the steel and make it fit right.

The wheels and tires were an expense thing at the time, had radials so i stuck with them. I do agree they need to change, more of a money issue right now. Im tossed between cheater slicks and spokes or just some bias. I think it will come with the direction the rest goes.

The toolbox is more of a function thing. If i do a roll bar it will probably go, right now it hides the fuel neck. It does extrude from the deck but its ugly.

The tail lights, i kinda like those. I actualy have another set given to me so i can smooth them out. I had the old bus stop light, but that was one of the first to go. If not these, then what?

I have been looking at the kookie car alot receintly, but its almost a little to out there for what i want.

Keep them coming if you got them. I dont think ive ever gotten quallity comments other than, looks good. so this his helpful.

27. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Eddie, I've got a gennie duece shell here if you wanna see if it'll fit over your radiator before you lay down some dead presidents on a new repro.

28. jdubbya

jdubbya

A few changes...

- deuce or t shell, a track nose would be cool, but it would need a hood too.
    - lake style headers
    - Maybe a new set of wheels and tires, possibly radirs and black wall bias plys ( cheater slicks would be a neat look too)

29. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Just throwing this out there...ditch the toolbox and use a tonneau cover instead of the plywood. It'd be a lot smoother look.

The thing with the toolbox is it's not too bad of a concept, but that specific tool box is really unstylish and crude. Just swapping the box could do wonders. For example the same box with a rounded top and no handle would be 100% better.

30. roddinron

roddinron

I'm usually not a big fan of tractor grills, but this one has potential. The height is right but it's too thick. I'd take about 4 or 5" (guessing) out of that long back section. I like the way the raised spears match up to the body line.
    Obviously a cut down 32 or T or A would look great (and be more "traditional"), just like it does on all the other cars that have them.
    Not a fan of the headers, air cleaner/carb, or toolbox.