Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dan Glover mid-engine gold 57 chevy from Yucaipa California

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevrolet150, Aug 7, 2009.

1. T-Roy

T-Roy

Wow! Just read through the 1st 3 pages of this thread... Would be awesome if someone here knows the whereabouts.

TTT!!!

2. ARNIE

ARNIE

Back to the top for the unknown!!

3. To the top.

Any new leads on this one yet?

4. ARNIE

ARNIE

It would be Awsome to find this before CHRISTmas!!

5. chevrolet150

chevrolet150

I wish We could find the car too. I need to get more information on it to possibly duplicate it. Tim

6. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Hi Guys,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    I just came across your conversations about my '57 mid engine street rod that I built in the late 60's.
    I guess the best way to help you guys out is for you to send me some questions rather than me just rambling on.<o:p></o:p>
    Send them...<o:p></o:p>
    Dan<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>

7. NO its cool just ramble on about the car.....most the youngsters have no clue what aride you had built......oh yeah Welcome to the HAMB

8. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Dan, by all means, please ramble on! Anything and everything you can remember would be cool!...and build pics would be bitchin' too!

9. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey TIM... interesting for sure, i never saw that rod. but i had a hotrod mag. in the 60s that showed a 55 chevy with 2 s.b. chevy mills, and they were side by side where the back seat normaly is. talk about nut's, that's way to farout even for this old gearhead!...POP.

10. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Well guys, it will take some time for me to add some build photos. I do have them, just need to find them. Stand By.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    In reading the early post I can correct some things. One guy in Yucaipa posted about the car. The deal is that I had two '57's. One was a 210 hard top (not many around) and the gold one with the mid engine was a different car a 210 post sedan. I bought the shell of a car for $50 bucks. More $$ added later...LOL<o:p></o:p>
    As for Gary buying the car, I sold it to him for $3,000.00 not $3,500. He had driven to Cal from Wis. and was low on cash and he wanted to give me $2,900. I had to squeeze him for the other 100 bucks… LOL. Sorry Gary, but I did give you the car that I had almost $6K into. The only reason I sold it was because I didn’t have any place to put it any longer. Sad!<o:p></o:p>
    The last I heard of the can was a guy (I will post his name later) that restored it to the way it was because he had taken the engine out and replaced it with a 350 and raced it for awhile. When he saw it in Surer Chevy 1990 he wanted to put it back to original.<o:p></o:p>
    More later…<o:p></o:p>

11. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Dan Glover

How cool it this ....

You only live about ten minutes away from me..

What are you doing now ?

You building any hot rods ?

Do you need any help ?

Do you want to build another one ?

Do you want to help me with my 55 or 53 Chevy's ?

It would be my pleasure to take you out to lunch or something just for the heck of it and talk with you about the TRI Five Chevy's.

I'm sure you have forgotten more than I know about them...

Are you living in the city or the country and do you have a place to wrench ?

I've got a pretty nice set-up (garage wise) and your welcome to it...

Thanks for the story's so far .

Chuck..

PM me if you want and I'll send you my phone number..

12. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

How cool it this ....

You only live about ten minutes away from me..

What are you doing now ?
    Working as a pilot...still!

You building any hot rods ?
    No. Don't plan to.....?? well a mid engine '57 or something cool LOL

Do you need any help ?

No since I'm not building..LOL

Do you want to build another one ?

NO

Do you want to help me with my 55 or 53 Chevy's ?
    I don't have the time to build, but I can watch...
    I have seen some of your photos...You don't need any help.

It would be my pleasure to take you out to lunch or something just for the heck of it and talk with you about the TRI Five Chevy's.
    OK cool.
    I'm sure you have forgotten more than I know about them...
    What is TRI Five? JUST KIDDING...
    Are you living in the city or the country and do you have a place to wrench ?
    Country sort of. I have a shop, see photo
    I've got a pretty nice set-up (garage wise) and your welcome to it...

Thanks for the story's so far .

Chuck..

DAN....

Attached Files:

dan31 likes this.
  13. I'm Bad I'm Nationwide.

I'm Bad I'm Nationwide.
    from Howell Mi

14. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Yours is WAAAAAAAAAY nicer than mine !

But we can still make lunch sometime ,(on me).

Thanks for the reply.

Chuck.

15. lorodz

lorodz

wow ...i just read all of this thread and cant belive dan glover is now replying back about this car i have a 56 and really like his 57..hope its found soon...

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  16. Butch Holmberg

Butch Holmberg

I was wondering when you would get around to answering these guys Dan
    <O:p
    Dan I were teenage buddies back in Bell, California, I met Dan when he worked at Bell Auto Supply (home at that time of Cragar wheels and Bell Helmets as just a couple of examples)
    <O:p</O:p</O:p
    Dan and I later had mid engine Chevy powered street rods. But mine was a 57 English Ford Thames Van commercial side of the English Ford Anglia.
    <O:p</O:p
    The difference between me and Dan is that I still have my 57 Thames with the mid engine Chevy engine. <O:p</O:p
    The last time we had the cars together was in a San Bernardino, California back in the earlier years of our American Graffiti days. <O:p</O:p
    I still have the Bell Auto Cragar wheels on the Thames that Dan sold to me, hmm that was back before our Medicare days ;-)

Sorry to write I have no idea where Dan's 57 is today.

17. Wow, how cool is that!
    Look forward to seeing the early pics Dan. I still have the Street Freaks issue with your 57. Butch please post some pics of your Thames too.

18. Steve-Cook

Steve-Cook
    from Garner, NC

Dan Glover good to hear from you I have been watching this post and was amazed to see you living just down the road I am in Garner I too have worked aviation the last 20 yrs hope to see those pics of the build when you get a chance

19. chevrolet150

chevrolet150

Thanks for replying, I have been drooling over this car for ...well...years...since I was a young kid. I would like to build a car that is like your old 57(mid engine). I like radiused fenders though.:D Thanks in advance . Tim

Attached Files:

20. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Hi Tim,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Well if you’re going to radius wheel wells you do it right.<o:p></o:p>
    I don't like it that way myself. My new idea is to have a car, well like the '57 and have two engines and have four (4) big tires in the rear inside the wheel wells. Not sure how to do that and have some kind of suspension...<o:p></o:p>
    Just a dream.<o:p></o:p>

21. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Can someone tell me how to get that stupid face off of my post.
    Thanks,
    Dan

22. Holy shit I can't believe it! The Dan Glover is actually on the HAMB. Thanks for responding about your old 57. I've had pics of your car around since I was a kid.
    Your car is truly one of the baddest 57's ever constructed in my humble opinion. Please post any photos you're inclined to show us and I'd love to hear any stories about the car. I know it's been gone a long time but do you remember the wheel & tire sizes that you were runnin? This is like Christmas coming early for me!!! Thanks in advance. By the way, love this photo of the car!

Attached Files:

23. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Thanks for the kind words.
    This is very exciting for me also!
    I will post some photos later and some info on the car.

Later,
    Dan the Man

24. I've been following this thread also, all I can say is wow!! The Dan Glover!! Awesome, welcome and please post more...Thanks!

25. Butch M

Butch M

WOW ..............I have loved that 57 since i was a kid to. can't wait to see the pic's.......

26. This picture was taken in front of Porky's in '77 or '79 during the weekend of the NSRA Street Machine Nationals 57 mid engine.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2022
  27. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

I fell in love with this chevy when I was a young gun. When I built my first 57 I wanted to build a clone but I was swayed from it. When the car was done I sold it right away because it just wasnt what I dreamed about for so long. Dan Thanks for the dreams man!!!

28. Wolfie

Wolfie

Hi Dan,
    You probably don't remember me or maybe you worked at Bell after I moved down to M/T Speed Shop, but anyway I was talking to my dear friend and yours Jot Horne last night and your name came up and he asked me to say "Hi" to you if I ever got in touch. You probably already know but the Jot Horne Story is in the february issue of Rod and Custom. I do remember you coming in quite a bit when you were building the '57 I think. I started on the counter but within a year I was in the office with Jot, Bill and Rich. Oh, my name is Steve Doll.
    Take Care Buddy,

Steve "Wolfie" Doll

29. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Steve "Wolfie" Doll
    WOW Steve, a Bell Auto guy. Very cool. Sorry I don't remember you by name but what I can see you look just a little familiar. I remember most of the guys at Bell Auto (GRAGAR) Of course Jot, and then Rich, Kenny Parks,etc.<O:p></O:p>
    I haven’t been able to keep up with Jot except from Don Ochampaugh’s son Brad.<O:p></O:p>
    Wow I didn’t know about his story in Rod and Custom. I will have to get it somehow.<O:p></O:p>
    When you saw me coming in for parts $ 60% of + 10%...LOL I was building a ’57 that I bought from Don. It wasn’t the same ’57, but the engine I built for that on did end up in the gold ’57 after it did time in a blown gas dragster.<O:p></O:p>
    Good to hear about Jot. What a great guy.<O:p></O:p>
    It will take some time to get the old photos and scan them for posting, but it will happen.<O:p></O:p>
    <O:p> </O:p>
    You take care as well.<O:p></O:p>
    Dan<O:p></O:p>

30. Dan Glover

Dan Glover

Hi Guys,
    Will here are some OLD photos of the Gold,more later.Don't have much because I was too busy building and not taking photos. Plus it has been 40 years.<O:p</O:p
    Here are some details. <O:p</O:pEngine was '62 327 .030 over =331cuin 4-71blower33% over Hilborne two hole injectors Olds rear W/5:13 gr.<O:p</O:p
    Mr Gasket coil over’s with ladder bars and a watts link suspension.<O:p</O:p
    Straight front axle by me with leaf springs and ’53 Chevy spindles<O:p</O:p
    I guess there is more, but that’s enough. Fiat stearing box. LOL<O:p</O:p
    Dan<O:p</O:p gold 57.jpg Gold 572 .jpg Gold 57 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2022
    tomcat11 likes this.