Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tim Conder is right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gasser1961, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

2. rat deuce

rat deuce

A lot of us get this! unfortunately it applies to almost every form of racing now. Current rules make for cookie cutter cars from Drag racing to Nascar down to local racing classes. And promoters wonder why they can't fill the stands....

gearhead1600 likes this.
  3. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

He should concentrate on putting the bottom end tegether & that's all , this is how people get hurt or killed

4. RichG

RichG

I'm sorry but what are you trying to say?

5. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

When your putting this race shit together you need to focus

6. RichG

RichG

Okay, gotcha.

7. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Well, he's right, but sure as hell is a talker. I agree on the 417 vs. 392 too. In my opinion, once the custom alum. 392's started replacing the factory iron blocks, that was the beginning of the slide and the need for big money to race and pay for it.

8. solid

solid

He could put that bottom end together blind folded, talking, and eating a twinkie...that's tim conder!!! Haters!!!:rolleyes:

9. lorodz

lorodz

i wish i had a neighbor like this he is a cool mutha fucka......lol...and is so right ...its so expensive to race a car these days..and it feels just as expensive to watch a race...what happend to the good old days ....

10. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

He actually doesn't need to tell this cause one look at his Digger tells it all.But great video anyway.Conder rules.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2009
  11. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Some one still has to tell me why if a guy has a 13.7 on his window and he runs a 13.5 he loses. What the f*ck is with that. What happened to building the badassed thing you could and going racing? JMHO.
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Like I told the kid, "Your music's not too loud, its just like OKC, it sucks!"

12. derelict

derelict

Thank God for Tim Conder. He get's it and has the balls to do it...

13. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WORD.

Even if you can't find the right sentence or two to explain it, I still know what your saying.. Fuck yeah brother.

PASSION isn't payed for by the sponsors.

14. BISHOP

BISHOP

Not very many friends of mine get it. Its cool to hear someone else talk about the art of nostalgia drag cars and all the artsy things that go with it.

I think only the real "hands on" people understand.

15. jangleguy

jangleguy

This is a very dangerous man. A threat to corporate America! Anarchist! Burn him! He's some kind of witch!!!

16. Tim Conder, certainly "gets it" , I sure hope he succeeds with his quest, because it's about the experience, not the corporate marketing exposure! :cool:

This video is cool too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzgzL1zJ0Z4

gearhead1600 likes this.
  17. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

I agree totally! I can't even be labeled as a "race fan" because it sucks to watch anymore:eek: and you have to save for 6 months to go see a race. BRING BACK THE GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!!!!!

gearhead1600 likes this.
  18. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

Bull Shit:rolleyes::)

19. Larry T

Larry T

Tim Conder is a Hamb member and has had some pretty good discussions about this same kind of stuff. Here's a link to one of the threads he started about smoker slicks. You'll see he isn't the only one talking about this stuff.
    And I think lots of folks are getting tired of cookie cutter racecars. It's a big part of the reason the Nostalgia stuff is so popular. And the run what ya brung stuff at the local tracks.
    Larry T

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372986&highlight=smoker+slicks

gearhead1600 likes this.
  20. That was perhaps one of the best things I've ever seen.

21. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I don't think what he's saying is limited to drag racing,most people in the world today don't get or give a fuck about 'kool',they mostly stay on the treadmill,put up with whatever they're spoonfed and never realise that they're living in a box that they could think outside of if they just felt some passion about something,anything.We live in a grey world,populated by grey people,manipulated by even greyer politicians and corporations.
    More metalflake please.
    Paul

22. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Preaching the Gospel. Ruler!

23. Gasser1961

Gasser1961
    BANNED

I wish I had more money and I'd build a fueler and race him.

24. c-10 simplex

c-10 simplex

1) No, i agree; i stopped watching drag racing probably at least 8 yrs ago. It's just not racing anymore---one car vs. another car. It's a show--and your driver has got to be "cool" with the sunglasses etc.

That's why ,to me, shows like pinks (not that i watch that show much either because the show has many shortcomings) and watching bracket racing is more interested to me.

2) i think nascar now has a rule that everyone MUST run the same body---regardless is chevy, ford, toyota. That's just complete HORSESHIT. (no offense to horses)

Much more to discuss later.

25. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Tim, I was born in 1950...I know it sounds odd, but I wish you had been born at that same time and lived next door. We would have had a blast. Same for Skip (Royalshifter), KingChassis and Kiwi Kev. Sooo many of the people I have met through the HAMB really would have been the stars of the drag strip back then. I started going to the drags with my dad in the late 50's and as I close my eyes and remember those memories, thats the way I see these guys today.
    In the early 60's, the golden age was in full-swing...nitro, rosin burnouts, the first fire suits, street roadster classes, altered, gassers, and then in the mid-60's...A/FX, AWB. Hilborn stacks almost as high as the roofline, nicknames...Bushmaster, ZooKeeper, etc., etc. Match races every weekend....DAMN, my buddies and I would pour over the ads in the weekly Drag News to figure out where we wanted to go that weekend. Now, do we want to go to Irwindale to see a 32 top fuel field, or go to LIONS for a series of match races, 2 out of 3, between Gas Ronda, Dick Landy, the Ramchargers. and Butch Leal???? OR, should we go out through the grape vineyards to Fontana's "Drag City" for a showdown between the "Little Red Wagon" and "The Hemi Under Glass" and maybe a couple of passes of "The Untouchable" or the "Valkarie" jet driven by Gary Gabelich?
    All the strips were within an hour from our house, easily, and my parents were willing to take us anywhere we wanted and then just drop us off (thanks, mom and dad...miss you)
    Yeah, the heart and soul live on with these guys today. There is a handful of HAMB drag guys who would have fit in just fine back then, for sure.
    I better start writing down all my recollections so they can be shared.

So, Tim, Skip, Kev, Brian, and all the others that have the pure, bare-bones racing mindset that are still doing what you do, my hats off to all of you.

Great video...I never knew wisdom could travel 200 MPH..........Doug

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. solid

solid

Good stuff mazooma...

27. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

He does go on, but sooo right..........

28. 63wagon

63wagon
    from PNW

All of you in love with Conder obviously dont know Conder. Been spouting this shit for 10 years, and building his shit on the backs of investors that will never get paid back.

29. solid

solid

I've known about conder, and his talents for a long time. This isnt the correct forum to talk about investors, but everybody knows theres a chance when you invest you may not get it all, or any of it back. That's just life. Go talk shit somewhere else.

30. ^^^People who INVEST in drag racing, expecting to make money don't know drag racing. If you want to make a million dollars drag racing you have to start with five million dollars.