Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Sunday Sunday Sunday, A day at the drags- Yellow Belly Dragstrip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rusty, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Ive got some jackstands and smokebombs....:D

2. MarkX

MarkX
    from ...TX

I always thought that would be the perfect track for a nostalgia event.............. IM THERE!...

3. Rusty

Rusty

Thanks guys for the support, trying to get the date finailzed but we are looking at Mid May on a Saturday of coarse

Rusty

4. I liked the track when being there was shakey so I'll sure be there for a nostalgia event now that it has mellowed out. Probably my brother and a friend or two will
    make the trip from Austin. I'd love to see nostalgia cars at that track. It looks at least as cool as 'Lil River.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had friends who ran there in the early 70's when I lived in Texas but I never managed to make it up there. Little River could get pretty wild then with guys running across the strip 3/4 of the way down to make bets while you were making a pass.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

6. vernmotor

vernmotor
    from ohio

Rusty what E.T did you run in the 1/8 ?

7. scrape

scrape

i was about to make afunny post with pics of white guys in blackface..... but for rusty, ill be nice....:p
    btw,,, i cant wait... this will be lots of fun.... yall got my support....

Last edited: Nov 10, 2009
  8. Dirty2

Dirty2

Thanks Troy , all the neg is a downer . You have been there and nothing but racing . Bad things happen at all kinds of events . If I thought for a moment it was dangerous do Yall think I would take Danyelle ? So Please leave the past the past and if you don t wont to come just dont say anything and stay at home and wish someone would put on ann event that meets your standards . :D

9. Big Tony

Big Tony

I had heard bad things also but I thought exactly what Danny said... he would NEVER put Danyelle in harms way, so i'm excited to try it out and will lend any support I can to make it a sucess.

10. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

we should have some info to update you all at the first of next week. keep your fingers crossed

11. Rusty

Rusty

Thanks guys for all the support it means alot, Gotta alot in the works, Looks Like next Weak I should have some good news, We shall see. I have been in contact with some past track champion from the late 50's. I have learned that this was one of the great streat race places of the 50's and 60's. If you had a fast street car you raced there. Anyhow, I should have some news and hopefully dates by next tuesday or Wendsday

Rusty

Rusty