Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features ASS HAULER my new Little Truck... East Coast SURVIVOR!!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by bobbleed, Nov 7, 2009.

1. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Wow thanks for the info! 4x2 huh? That Rules!

It actually came from Ontario NY which is real close to Rochester?

I asked the guy I got it from if he had any pics of when he got it, but he diddn't.... I asked about the olds and he diddn't have it anymore..... I asked if it had any speed stuff and it was almost like he diddn't know what I was talking about.....

The guy I got it from was Super nice, but it was obvious he diddn't realize what he had.... when I would ask about the paint and interior he diddn't want to admit how old everything was.... he thought it wouldn't be worth as much or something..... anyway thats the feeling I got..... He ruled though, couldn't have been more patient with me and I can't thank him enough.

Whitey yeah when I saw those decals I was like someone recently put those on there...... but man they have been there a LONG time.

Billy your 36 is very special, its amazing!

DOC.... thanks for the offer on the loaner halibrands that would be awesome, but I think I got it covered....... BTW I play that guitar everyday.

This is what I saw on ebay....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

BUZ WOW! yeah I got one red wheel with it..... with this crazy Firestone tire....

Did the Olds have speed stuff on it?

Man this is great thanks for the info!

I do have to say.... eveything tha was done to the truck will be easy to undo..... its all pete and jakes, bolt on type stuff. Its not ruined at all...... and it actually runs and drives great!

3. Ya know Bob I really don't like blue. It is blue right? But that truck is sweet as honey. Sometimes the color just works.
    I like it, wish I could tell you something important about it.

4. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

Hey if you guys actually saw the origional motor.... where and when was that? It must still be around someplace? I need to find it. This is all really inspiring!

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Very Nice! And a "chrome" dash.....I wonder how many gals with skirts will ride passenger with you?

Chris

6. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

It doesn't have a chrome dash, but it may have.... the dash was repainted hammertone grey and has white face guages in it...... my plan is to chrome it and put vintagw gauges back in.... all of the other garnish is plated..... so it seems like the right thing to do....... hahah girls skirts... thats a good trick.

7. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Bob, Your truck FUCKIN' RULES!I LOVE it, it has a high AWESOMENESS factor!:D:D:D;)

Nick.

8. Jaker

Jaker

9. WOW, you did good. That truck reminds me of the 33 that I had back in 65. Very similar but it was a dark green with a 265 sbc and a 39 trans. Had a great time with that truck while I was in the Navy. Sold it for $500 to a young unmarried hot rodder over in NY. Yours is super, wished I had it in my garage for sure.:D

10. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey BOBBLEED...man that's not only a first class build, but a 1st class show rod. i can only imagine what that bad boy set U back! HA! U truely have great taste in hotrods, not to mention deep pockets! HA! call me POP...or the old FART!

11. BenW455

BenW455

Nice score! That is a sweet truck.

12. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

That truck is sweet, would be great if you could find the Olds, and some old pics.

13. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Ooooops :(

14. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

hahahah I just read my post..what a spelling disaster... I was watching a movie and typing on my Iphone without my wife noticing hahahahaha

15. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Congrats Bob, that is a great little truck. Chicken Rodz.....don't listen to Mark.

16. FiddyEffie

FiddyEffie

i actually like how the rear tires peek out a bit from the fenders. that thing screams east coast! badass man

17. NightMarcher

NightMarcher

when are we going to see the parking lot doughnuts.

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Damn that's sweet, I hope you can dig up the OG engine. That would rule.

19. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

wow im glad you changed the wheels!

20. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Wow, Buz called me this morning to tell me about your post Bob and I am just freaked that this little truck is now down in Texas! I was quite worried about this truck when after it transferred from the original owner's widow to the next owner it went from being a survivor to be just another modified truck. The guy that got the truck from the widow because he had been an interested kid who delivered papers and mowed the lawn and shovelled the snow. After the guy who built the car passed, the guy helped the widow by mowing the lawn and shovelling the snow. One day the widow said he could have the car if he continued to do the chores. He did and that is how he got the car.

Some misguided advice and he took the Olds out and slipped in a Chev. I don't know what happened to the Olds, but am betting that it is still in the greater Rochester area together with the the 4-deuce manifold! Just betting it wasn't broken down and parted out.

After the Chev was inserted, the new owner took the car to a shop run by an ex-drag racer and had some exhaust work done to it. The work was really not so good, and if memory serves me right, the work included hacking holes in the fenders and frame! Is there any evidence of this butchery to be found?

For the life of me I cannot remember the name of the guy that took possession of the truck from the widow, but I'll snoop around and see if I can come up with some help. I'll also see what else I can find out. I'm pretty sure that somewhere there exists a bunch of photos of this little prize when it first came out of hibernation.

BobB, hope this helps a little.

21. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Very cool old truck. Keep us updated as you tinker.

22. Tony

Tony

Dude, it hit me HARD this afternoon while working on my dad's truck!!
    You are 100% right, i had completely forgot all about it!! It was out in Webster..That was a long time ago.
    Unreal man...
    The "wrong individual" you mentioned was probably also responsible for the "missing" parts on that Olds when we went to look at it..i almost owned that Olds!!
    Cool it's where it is now though..

23. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

So cool how the story of this little truck is unfolding... can't wait to hear more about it..

24. Buz

Buz

I know who got the engine when it first came out of the car. I will try and dig up a name and phone number for you. I don't know if he still has it.

25. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

that would be RAD if you found the old parts... :) holy shit-

26. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

man -O- man that is NICE!....

27. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Nice find! Congrats

28. Clutched

Clutched

That is very awesome. the interior rules. if that engine is still around im gonna shit! how rad would that be!

29. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

wow !!!!!!!!!!
    what a score

30. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

The chicken was delicious