Register now to get rid of these ads!

History O/T- Neo Classics/Kustoms, Censio & Sons?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pimpin paint, Nov 7, 2009.

1. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Is anyone out there into "Neo Classics", the kinda vulgar 60s, 70s & 80s built vehicles tarted up shit that's supposed to look like classic cars of the 20s & 30s eg. Rolls Royce, Duesenberg, Cord etc.?

I'm interested in a builder called Censio & Sons outa the Philippines.
    The story I get is Censio started out building kustoms for U.S Naval officers from 60s American iron. All of the ones I've seen sorta look like Roll Royces from the 20s. These arn't your typical vulgar ''Tubberware '' moulded coachwork, but are all hand built from 16 gage steel on American chassis from the 60s & 70s, usually Fords & GMs.
    Yeah, I gotta admit, these really call to my white trash roots, and kinda look like something the doorman of a bordelo would drive, but the fact they're all hand built from steel & feature American V8s from the 60s makes me go ''humm, with some tweeking and a fake nose and glasses, I could drive one of these!"

Thanx

Swanky Devils C.C.
    " I like the old millennium better"

2. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

B.T.T.T.

Thanx,

Swanky Devils C.C.
    " Oswald acted alone?"

3. Mercchev

Mercchev

Got any pics? I remember one of these cruising around Subic Bay in the 80's by the Base Exchange and the O Club at Cubi Point...Some old retired Navy guy had it...he was a brothel owner out in town in Olongapo. I'll look and see if I have any pics from those days. There were a lot of old American cars left behind by the Sailors who lived there and didn't want to spend $$ to bring them back to the States after their tour of duty. Never pursued any of them because we were only there a short time when the carrier pulled in for a couple of days.

4. metalshapes

metalshapes

To me, its kinda strange that guys that were capable of building nice Racecars, Hotrods, and Customs , like Brooks Stevens, John Tedesco, and Les Dunham would also build pimp-tastic stuff like that...

5. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Yeah, taste, or lack there of, is a funny thing! When I look at some of the things that sucessful ''showbiz-types'' have had commissioned to be built over the years, I guess it takes all types. Elvis & Librace come to mind!
    There was a cat named Nubar Gulbenkian Esq. in the 50s & 60s that use to commision some of the most over the top kustom bodies ever put on Roll Royce & bentley chassis, from top English coachbuilders. His build commissions made some of the Barris kustoms look tame!

There was/is a Censio & sons built "Neo" on ebay under "Replicas & Kit Cars" within the past week, silver & black in colour.

Swanky Devils C.C.
    " Oswald acted alone?"

6. banditomerc

banditomerc

Hey Rex,i worked at a Factory in Pasadena painting those Auburn boatail repops,bodies dropped on Ford LTD chassis.Was fun while it lasted.

7. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Was that the venture headed up by Alen/Alan Clennett? He was into alot of things other than Excaliber knock-off!

8. boldventure

boldventure