Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Boston World of Wheels for 2010-NEW INFO!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CHOPSHOP, Aug 8, 2009.

1. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

[​IMG]

New date- same location. Now we wont need to deal with the crappy weather and snowstorms. :p

There will be a new 'traditional room' for 2010 as well. looking for about 30 rides.

Anyone interested in showing their rides for 2010-lemme know. As always - looking for the show rides too.

Show info HERE

2. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

That's alot better than January. Although March can be shitty too. This year we didn't get any good weather 'til August. haha

3. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

true very true. Im hoping some HAMB guys want the chance to show off their rides this year- since every year we have the show-HAMB guys complain there arent enough traiditonal rides....
    The room could definately have a cool vibe of people step up.

PM me if you are wanting to go...and Ill give you the lowdown. Ill be HAND DELIVERING the apps for the show to ensure you guys get in

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  4. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Why the change in the date,as long as I can remember its been in january,hope you guys get nicer weather in march.

5. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

ISCA thinks it might help in getting some more circuit cars and other out of staters to the event.The snow was really kicking our asses as people wouldnt being their rides out or travel with the inclement weather .
    Now there is one less excuse for people . I think its a pretty good idea- plus its after DETROIT now...

6. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

I hope people from out of town will consider the show this year

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  7. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Ive heard from a few guys for the 'traditional room' . Hope to hear from some more. Got some cars really coming out of the woodwork for this room that dont get shown much if all goes well.

20 more to go for this room and who knows how many spaces we can take for the rest of the show-

Dont forget: a show is what YOU make it. Lets make this a blast for 2010

8. jrsautografx

jrsautografx

Thanks for the heads up man. I'm planning on bringing my 6 and 4 year olds for their first major show. The older one and I did the all Chevy in Cumberland RI a month ago, my son had a blast. He loves El Caminos and Corvettes. Last time I went to Boston there was 8 inches of ice water in the parking lot. Too bad you can't do anything about the price of parking.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  9. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

I wish. Nothing at all unfortunatley- its not run by the Bayside but a separate company.

I do know a bunch of people who have parked across the way at the Star Market for a few years- they have gotten caught yet but its probably gonna happen soon.

10. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

HERE is the link to a show participant application if you want to be a part of the fun:

http://www.chop-shopcustoms.com/shows/2010/wow_2010.pdf

If you want to place your HAMB worthy traditional ride into the show,please PM me and send the app with pics to me so I can bring it to the promoter myself-thanks

11. Wow, weird.
    The Holiday season has always started with Thanksgiving and ended with The World of Wheels.

At least it's still at Bayside.....I have a lot of memories wrapped up in the shows there.

12. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

yup and now the memories I have to keep dont have to be the ones where I was freezing my balls off!

13. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

14. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Ive received one application already- cant wait for more to come to me. Send em into me guys !!!! :D

the address is:
    Chop-Shop Customs
    235 Salem St
    Woburn MA 01801
    Att: Lenny W.O.W./traditional room

15. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

16. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

bump- I have only one app so far- Hey 100% Matt- you going to being those rides?
    Lance? Get some of your guys? Keith? Leon?

this will be fun- Motorama in Boston! What a concept.

HERE is the link to a show participant application if you want to be a part of the fun:

I can bring your app to the promoter myself-thanks

17. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Just printed off the applications

18. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

send them on up! (to me)

19. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

I came over from Albany NY last year. A great show but not exactly what I like to look at with all the bling and trailer queens. If you can get the rodders there it sure would be worth a trip. I really like that flathead dragster, is that there every year?

20. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

its possible it will be there agin- its all up to the people who want to show it.

Our show is what the participants make it- ytou get trailer queens sending in their apps- thats what you will get on thr floor.
    You sendin bitching rides you'll see them too- the Motorama room should really be a step up so come on guys- bring em on in!

21. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

22. oneratfink57

oneratfink57
    from Wisconsin

march is way better than the jan. rain we dealt with this year. thanks for the update!

23. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

24. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

25. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

We'll be there this year with the Bentas Raven and most likely with the Wild Child, a GTO , and possibly a Corvette.

One very important note is that the date on the application form is wrong. The correct date this year in Boston is March 12-14th and NOT in January as it has been in the past.

Attached Files:

26. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

[​IMG]
    Ill make sure to get them to update that

use this link until then:

http://www.autorama.com/casi/olskool/boston/entry.htm

or the application on my website"

27. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

28. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Been getting a few people who hare interested in showing their rides with REALLY cool stuff. Keep the interest coming- def worth doing this year. :D

Working on a block of rooms at the DoubleTree next door for a discount. They DONT have trailer parking (if you need it) but you can walk on over to the show.

Anyone who might need rooms? Last year we got a block for $99 a night-which is cheap in Boston....

29. We'll be there in the Motorama room with at least 3 cars.Come on guys,how about a good showing of traditional cars this year?

30. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Did you send your applications in yet? If not, please download the Motorama one and send it in ASAP along with the 'required' pictures (and payment of course). We are not thinking there will be last minute spaces in this area , so the sooner you get in , the better.:D
    Having a meeting about it this week too with some other people so they can help find some out of state iron...
    cool-thanks