Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof california?? How was it??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigguylilroof, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Better copyright that one! "Pre-bitching." Classic.

See: Prequel (Star Wars), Preemptive War, Preventive Medicine, and now Pre-bitching. How about this: Prebitching.

2. Choptop

Choptop

yeah... its just not going to be the same as Billetproof 13. I mean there will be different bands, the cars will all be parked in different places, the weather will be different, and no god damn churro cart... AGAIN... that does it, I'm not going to go. ;)

3. There was some tall guy in a red shirt riding a MOUNTAIN BIKE around all day too....Jeez.....Who let HIM in???

4. chop32

chop32

Like you have ever driven anything pretty!!

5. There was that Mustang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

6. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

I had a goodtime, The Beer still taste the same as it did years ago!

7. James66g

James66g

Jeeze alright guys how bout some more pics? Now some of you can bitch about how I didnt get a pic of your ride or my crappy photography at leats the last part would be valid !

Attached Files:

8. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

9. James66g

James66g

ok well I cant load any more pics right now keep getting security token or safari cant connect to server errors ill try again later but does anyone know who won best orphan?

Attached Files:

10. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

YOUR PICS SUCK!!:p

11. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

lmfao. BUT I MADE YOU LAUGH DIDN'T I?:p:D

12. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

13. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

as said before you have spoken the truth ...and you are my hero:d seriously

14. studhud

studhud

This is what I posted on the other crybaby whiner thread just thought I would add it over here.
    "My first billetproof was was in Alameda I think it was #3 only missed one (the duster bowl) since then and it has most definetely changed. I will say that at the one in Alameda I did not like all the cars, I can also say that at this year #13 I did not like all the cars either. But I did like at least a 100 or more cars-thought they were badass in fact! Thats probably 10% of the 1,000 cars there no different than any other show. I usually "dig" only about 10% I just dont get the burning man art car thing??? tradition and inovation is what I am into, cars have to have some taste and some class or I walk right on by. Instead of bitchin build a bad ass car and bring it or stay home and let the show fade into memories of what was cool that became lame. Next year I will go and try to out do what i drove this year cuz thats what its all about anyways that goes for all the shows we go to.
    Just my 2 cents"

Shows are just what we make them I had a great F&*^ing time at this one!

Dave Hitch

15. studhud

studhud

It was a 31 hudson coupe with a hemi I didnt get a pic of it sorry.
    Dave Hitch

16. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

now people are bitching about bitching.... and that's got me bitching about people bitching about bitching.... where will it all end?

my main bitch about this year is I didn't make it.:(

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Stop bitching!

18. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

well who are you referring to ryan? As a hamb user all that has been said good or bad has been productive conversation and good criticism. I didn't go to the show for the simple fact that the show isn't the same. Its not traditional any more. All i ask to the promoters why was there a rolls royce?. The show used to be about the celebration of traditional cars. I used to go there to get inspired to go back home and elaborate on the ideas that i saw and heard from other fellow rodders so i could bring them to the table when it came to my cars. Not any more. I cant get inspired looking at a rolls royce or a shit rod that has a frame that looks like its shaped like a wavy noodle. Im mean come on! That's what has turned me off. Some of you will say "then don't go". Well so be it but i will not be the only one.
    Btw ryan its very insulting that you would tell people that they should think before they type because thats what helps hotrodding. I think that's b/s. No one has been course with anyone and further no one is running their mouth other than speaking their mind in a respectful manner. Isn't that what the hamb is all about? Also what were the childish blanket statements? Btw sorry if i'm running my mouth like a faucet;)

19. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

yes i totally agree

20. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

well i sure feel better. When i cant tell you in person i can always use the hamb!;)

21. Wow! Lots of negative comments here. It was my 1st, and I LOVED it! Lots of neat cars that I've never seen, being I'm from SoCal. Just what EXACTLY made the earlier ones BETTER? I thought it was great, and look forward to going again next year. Well worth the 5 hour drive. The Ramada Inn was kickin pretty good Friday too. But, it sure got HOT for a few hours. I can't count how many times I stuck my head in the pool. I also got a great deal on some chrome reverse 5 on 5" rims from Wheel Vintiques. And a good lead on a car I hope to own this week

22. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

love your car <----avatar

23. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Never been to this show,but commenting on an earlier post.
    It'd only be beneficial for any club/show to give a one day entry rate.Charge the full rate and when the participant returns their entry armband/window sticker/ticket/? back to the registration area they get a refund of part of their money.
    Easy?

After helping with a large car show for years it's difficult to anticipate what participants want? You get to contend with the weather,personalities,gas prices,slow economy and their desire for more?

Shows are mostly what the participant makes of them.
    You know,"If you build it,they will come,or at least be really estatic and happy!?!"

You Cali kids is lucky,year round rodding weather and something happening all the time.
    Yeah,I'm envious...

24. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

i love you rayn
    more folks should TAKE your lead , im into making things better and improving what we got
    just keep spreading the gosple my friend my be it will advenuly sink in the thick skulls amungst us!!!!!

25. I didn't read all the posts here. But, are some of you complaining it's too big? Hell, I loved it, and would've been disappointed if there were only 200 cars after driving 5-6 hours. Anyway, I guessed about 1000 cars, and most were worth looking at. Sure, there's some edgy stuff, but we all gotta start somewhere. Hopefully the nicer stuff inspires the edgy stuff to improve for the next one. I walked around 3 or 4 times and saw stuff I missed every lap. Even returning the dolly I borrowed to get wheels I bought to the truck I saw "fresh" meat (cars and girls). Oh, and the quality of women was better than most the events I attend. Good stuff, take a bow ladies. Ryan asks if I/we got our money's worth? We paid $10 each. If I were asked for another $10 on the way out, I would've handed it over in an instant.

26. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

I look forward to this post each and every year.
    It's not as good as the 'Worst Dressed at the EMMYs' show, but still pretty damn good.

27. johnnykck

johnnykck

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Johnny, I wasn't aiming at you man...

29. Grinder~deville

Grinder~deville

I have beef with the meathead who rolled in on MASSIVE billet wheels that drove his minni chopper around all day... By the end of the day we were taking bets on if the guy was going to crash into someones car... Drinking too much+minni chopper+stupidity= not so cool.

30. johnnykck

johnnykck

Hey, I just got your PM, thanks for sending it! I didn't get offended, no worries! I like a good discussion even a good argument if it's done the right way, it gives both sides something to think about. There is a fine line that keeps a discussion/argument fun or productive and I don't think any body crossed that line.

This whole thread only proves one thing to me and that is that a lot of people think this show is important enough to talk/discuss/argue about it (including me). This show has been a staple of the "traditional" Hot Rodding scene for a while, especially here in California. I would love to see it stay that way and not drift off into just another car show like many others, where any type of car is welcome, traditional or not, as long as the show keeps growing and making money. I just think a show that advertises on their poster, quote: " Billetproof is a show for those of us who build and DRIVE our own traditional style 1964 and prior rods and customs on a limited budget" should be just that. I just can't understand seeing VW's, jap bikes, Rat Rods, Billet wheels and trailored cars at a show like that. I understand the trailered part is impossible to control, I know some guys who trailered their car to the hotel on friday and then drove it to the show on saturday, nobody can control this, but the other stuff can be controlled. It's up to the guy at the gate and he must be willing to step on some toes.
    I like the idea somebody here had of having a separate area for the cars that don't fit, they can still be there, but some where on the side lines and maybe they will get the point.